• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Celegus

Wish I could understand the love for Transistor. It's presented well but there is no lead-in to the story, the talking sword is goofy as fuck... dunno.. just maybe not for me.
I'd say besides Secret Ponchos it's a pretty meh title.

Why does the story need a lead-in? I fell in love with it from the first screen. Being thrown head first into such a wildly imaginative world is exactly what more games need, not less.

kevin1025

Banned
Mh they are really late this month with the announcement...

well at least with the Spring sale we already know which games won't be PS+ in March and April (and probably at least May).
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/psn-spring-fever-2015-lineup-announced

Did they specify this popular franchises thing, it's just says God of War etc. so it could be just DLC or whatever but if it's games then that excludes several more titles.

On the Playstation Blog they say:

Along with the new game releases, we are also featuring sales on popular video game and movie franchises each week.

So it should be all of the games in those franchises (that are available digitally) and likely DLC as well. Hopefully.

hydruxo

I didn't care for Transistor at all. Bought it day one last May and really the only thing I enjoyed about it was the art style, and the music.

bebop242

Mh they are really late this month with the announcement...

well at least with the Spring sale we already know which games won't be PS+ in March and April (and probably at least May).
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/psn-spring-fever-2015-lineup-announced

Did they specify this popular franchises thing, it's just says God of War etc. so it could be just DLC or whatever but if it's games then that excludes several more titles.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/sony-announces-8-week-spring-fever-psn-sale

link shows what franchises are on sale each week. Some are GTA, Dragons Age, Lego and Ass Creed.

Edit: You might have known this already. Oh well.

SpokkX

I didn't care for Transistor at all. Bought it day one last May and really the only thing I enjoyed about it was the art style, and the music.

Yeah i thought it was the definition of boring. Gave up after a few hours

Didnt like Bastion either.

The enemy and level design i both are just.. Well boring

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/26/sony-announces-8-week-spring-fever-psn-sale

link shows what franchises are on sale each week. Some are GTA, Dragons Age, Lego and Ass Creed.

Edit: You might have known this already. Oh well.

Yeah sorry I was not clear, I meant that they did not specifically say which titles but just listed the whole franchises.

Just checked last year's sale and they basically offered all the games of these franchises
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/spring-fever-2014-discounts-on-towerfall-fez-and-more/
So no GoW Ascension or Black Flag PS4 in the upcoming months which were often talked about here to come to PS+ I think.
Also interesting that half of the Spring Fever indie games came to PS+ later that year.

Fbh

Wish I could understand the love for Transistor. It's presented well but there is no lead-in to the story, the talking sword is goofy as fuck... dunno.. just maybe not for me.

Combat system is great though. With the turn planning and combining powers.

But yeah, I didn't care much for the story and also didn't like the art direction. The concept art looked great but I just didn't like how it translated into the actual levels.

Also, mabye I didn't pay much attention but I never quite understand the whole Story.

bebop242

Yeah sorry I was not clear, I meant that they did not specifically say which titles but just listed the whole franchises.

Just checked last year's sale and they basically offered all the games of these franchises
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/03/spring-fever-2014-discounts-on-towerfall-fez-and-more/
So no GoW Ascension or Black Flag PS4 in the upcoming months which were often talked about here to come to PS+ I think.
Also interesting that half of the Spring Fever indie games came to PS+ later that year.

Yea not surprising about GOW or Black Flag not on + for awhile. I'm just hoping for a good deal on Saints Row 4/Gat and GTA 4 for ps4.

Curious why the delay of the announcement of March offerings. Last minute change in plans?

Likely an issue with one of the titles getting released in one region or another. Could be due to classification issues or (more likely) the game hasn't passed QA in a certain region due to language/accessibility issues.

eFKac

So I have a guy on my friendlist on PSN. I know he's a reviewer, has his own blog and youtube channel, he get's games early .

On my What's New feed it said "User XXXXXXX played OLLIOLLI2 (PS PLUS) for the first time."
Even the name of the game is " OLLIOLLI2 (PS PLUS)

Seems like it will be on PS+ indeed. Not bad but hopefully it is on the Vita slot. Got Olli Olii and couldn't get into it on the PS4, seems better suited to the handheld.

Shizuka

So I have a guy on my friendlist on PSN. I know he's a reviewer, has his own blog and youtube channel, he get's games early .

On my What's New feed it said "User XXXXXXX played OLLIOLLI2 (PS PLUS) for the first time."

Seems like it will be on PS+ indeed. Not bad but hopefully it is on the Vita slot. Got Olli Olii and couldn't get into it on the PS4, seems better suited to the handheld.

You should take a screenshot and post it here.

Kerned

Banned

Some evidence might help your case.

hohoXD123

Quite enjoyed OlliOlli, though was hoping we'd finally get some Knack goodness. Oh well.

None whatsoever sorry :p

Will share on my twitter and post here, please visit his site etc.

(Gonna take it down after 30 minutes)

Edit. Fuck I've got his real name not PSN don't want to get him in trouble, will try to cover his name in Paint -_-

Yeah just save the screenshot on your pc and put black boxes over your name/his on paint. Much appreciated.

I mean, I doubt anything will come of it, but may be a good idea to cover up your name too in case Sony decide to be dicks about PS+ leaks.

seabass0

RG0BS1U.gif

Roto13

How do you strip down a little game like OlliOlli?

I've played a bunch of pre-release PSN games and they've never had anything like that in the title.

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand the rationality of that thought. Even if they were doing a stripped down version for PS+, do you think that would be the version reviewers would get?

androvsky

Sometimes PSN games get odd tags. I've got a couple of PS1 Classics, probably from PS+, that are labled "Title (License)".

Or it's just the database screwing up and it's actually Driveclub. ;)

I don't think it'll be a stripped down version. That would set a very odd precedent.

Really excited about OlliOlli 2 being one of the games though. Bought the first one in that sale a while back and it was magical (after something clicked with the controls).

MUnited83

For you.
Ruh Oh, im hoping its just their way of storing the game on the store and not a scaled back subscribers version with the full version locked behind a paywall,

thats a trend I dont want to see catch on

As I already said, there wouldn't be any sense at all sending stripped-down versions to reviewers. Calm down please, you guys are making a big deal out of basically nothing,

PrawnyNZ

No doubt trying to find another title to include that's not available in New Zealand.

Still salty about Suikoden...

Edit: looks like it's been added, so not salty about that now :) we still didn't get Duke Nukemthough.

autoduelist

Great combat system with highly diverse character builds. Fantastic art. Solid, if minimal story.

I mean, sure, there is no lead in, but that's the point -- you slowly learn more as you go through the game. Many stories work that way.

Hexa

So I guess we're not getting info today. Bummer. :(
Is there a possibility of getting it early tomorrow morning or do they always post it in the afternoon?

Top Bottom