• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

For me personally I hope not. Did net enjoy the first one at all.

Stealth Inc was one of those shit puzzle games where instead of just focussing on the puzzles, it times you for no reason at all and then gives you a three star rating at the end. Any game with totally out of place three-star shit because "everyone else is doing it" can just fuck off and die.

Does anyone know if the sequel still has that? I'd have really enjoyed it were it not for that single aspect.

EDIT: One of the trophies is for S-ranking every chamber so I guess it does. That can go straight in the digital PS+ bin with Escape Plan.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Stealth Inc was one of those shit puzzle games where instead of just focussing on the puzzles, it times you for no reason at all and then gives you a three star rating at the end. Any game with totally out of place three-star shit because "everyone else is doing it" can just fuck off and die.

Does anyone know if the sequel still has that? I'd have really enjoyed it were it not for that single aspect.
I don't know why this bothers you. Just ignore it. I never gave a shit about my rating and it didn't affect my enjoyment. The game is really good. One of my favourite puzzle platformers definitely.

I don't know why this bothers you. Just ignore it. I never gave a shit about my rating and it didn't affect my enjoyment. The game is really good. One of my favourite puzzle platformers definitely.

I wish I could ignore it, but my brain doesn't let me =(

For me, if you're making a puzzle game then by its very definition people need time to stop and evaluate the situation and discover the solution. To then be told at the end that they did it too slowly by some completely arbitrary time-measure is just bullshit. The point is to take it slowly, it's a bloody puzzle! There's no way I can stop myself being irritated by it, so no matter how good the game behind it is I'm never going to be able to fully enjoy it.

Which is a real shame, because I was enjoying Stealth Inc right up to that first results screen. I can see how obviously good it would have been.

unsightly

Finally got around to playing this month's offerings, first one I booted up was Transistor. This game is amazing, I would've easily paid $20 for it.

Every mechanic is flawlessly implemented, and it's the first truly innovative game I've played this year. My only complaint so far is that it'll eventually end.

Finally got around to playing this month's offerings, first one I booted up was Transistor. This game is amazing, I would've easily paid $20 for it.

Every mechanic is flawlessly implemented, and it's the first truly innovative game I've played this year. My only complaint so far is that it'll eventually end.

and that'll happen in like 4-5 hours so let it soak in while it can.

jf DOOM

Couldn't agree more. My favorite game of 2014. Played through it 2.5 times. Got the platinum, can't praise it enough.

Yeah, pretty goddamn sweet little game. Atmosphere and music are 10/10, game itself is 8/10. Great stuff.

Need 4 Speed Rivals would fit the PS+ bill but I get the feeling EA probably doesnt want its games part of the service anymore as a way to politic for EA access.

MUnited83

For you.
Need 4 Speed Rivals would fit the PS+ bill but I get the feeling EA probably doesnt want its games part of the service anymore as a way to politic for EA access.

I think the relationship between EA and Sony is good enough to get at least one of their titles on PS+.In my opinion at least, after EA offered 3 free games for every playstation user.

Karu

I played it 2,5 times in 2 days, so after one playthrough there was that urge to playe more, but that was a blessing not a curse. Transistor is one of those fine examples of near perfect pacing and storytelling, I'mn still at awe. Truly one of the great games of the last few years. Love it.

Last month was really good.

Finished Ducktales remastered, the OST by Jake Kaufman is so good and does the classic justice.

Completely addicted to Rogue Legacy.

Roto13

I regret buying Stealth Inc. 1, both because it eventually went free and because I didn't like it and barely touched it. Hope we don't get Stealth Inc. 2.

pr0cs

Wish I could understand the love for Transistor. It's presented well but there is no lead-in to the story, the talking sword is goofy as fuck... dunno.. just maybe not for me.
I'd say besides Secret Ponchos it's a pretty meh title.

Wish I could understand the love for Transistor. It's presented well but there is no lead-in to the story, the talking sword is goofy as fuck... dunno.. just maybe not for me.
I'd say besides Secret Ponchos it's a pretty meh title.

That's how I feel, especially the sword part, although I only watched my girlfriend play the first 10 minutes.

Karu

That's how I feel, especially the sword part, although I only watched my girlfriend play the first 10 minutes.
I think it's one of the better stories in gaming period. That's under the premise that most vg stories in relation to the actual gameplay suck, though. Very few games actually nail fusing all their elements to a coherent piece. One way to circumvent such a problem, is a more subtle and complementary way of tellign astory, a thing that the Bastion/Transistor-devs really did well.

nel e nel

I missed that as well. It's still going apparently, at least I just got a key

http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/valiant-hearts-free

EDIT: Oh looks like it's only Episode 1.

Just tried it now, says the promotion is expired.

Also:

Note that what you're receiving for free is Episode 1, which is normally sold for $4.99. Episodes 2-4 can be purchased individually for $3.99, or as a $8.99 bundle.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/09/ign-free-game-of-the-month-valiant-hearts

Top Bottom