• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Likely an issue with one of the titles getting released in one region or another. Could be due to classification issues or (more likely) the game hasn't passed QA in a certain region due to language/accessibility issues.

Maybe they went to Evolution and said "You got until 5 to confirm Driveclub PS+ for this month. 1....2...."

I really enjoyed Transistor for some reason. Platinum'd it and everything. I just found the combat to be simple fun and I liked trying out different combinations of styles.

I regret buying Stealth Inc. 1, both because it eventually went free and because I didn't like it and barely touched it. Hope we don't get Stealth Inc. 2.

I liked it, but it was very disappointing that the gadgets were never used in any meaningful way. In fact the only way to register your time for a level is to not use gadgets. I went into it expecting to unlock new stuff and new gameplay mechanics would play off that, and it just never happened. Luckily they did a decent job of introducing new level mechanics at least.

I think it's one of the better stories in gaming period. That's under the premise that most vg stories in relation to the actual gameplay suck, though. Very few games actually nail fusing all their elements to a coherent piece. One way to circumvent such a problem, is a more subtle and complementary way of tellign astory, a thing that the Bastion/Transistor-devs really did well.

Everything starts to click after a while, specially the combat system, which is amazingly fun to experiment with.

Don't get me wrong I plan to play it since the battle system seems cool. I was just saying based on my first impression while watching someone else play. The game clearly needs a fair chance based on all the positives impressions I've read on GAF.

I'm still bummed that Helldivers isn't going to be a March PS+ game.

Edit: Oddworld New 'n' Tasty or Valiant Hearts would be sweet but highly unlikely, especially the former.

Mr YuYu

The day the ps+ games are announced is always cool. Its a bit like christmas ;-) refreshing all day and then downloaden day 1. Fun fun!! And in the end i hardly play them :)

My experience with OlliOlli.

Watches trailer: You can jump on a Dinosaur! Ok sold.
Plays game: ... Meh

Didn't even get to see a Dinosaur, let alone jump on it.

Maybe they went to Evolution and said "You got until 5 to confirm Driveclub PS+ for this month. 1....2...."

I'd say they are more likely looking at June for the PS+ version since that's when they finish the season pass/free DLC content. At that point they know for sure what content will be accessed by the PS+ version and would hopefully be able to judge maximum server loads.

tok9

OlliOlli is an excellent game. People are right when they say it's the equivalent of Hotline Miami in a skateboard game.

So addictive.

madmackem

Man I hope it's not oilli oilli 2 didn't care for the first one tbh, hoping for something of a shock but seeing as I'm an idiot most of the games on plus I've normally bought, need to stop that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I liked it, but it was very disappointing that the gadgets were never used in any meaningful way. In fact the only way to register your time for a level is to not use gadgets. I went into it expecting to unlock new stuff and new gameplay mechanics would play off that, and it just never happened. Luckily they did a decent job of introducing new level mechanics at least.
One of the DLC's was based around one of the gadgets and essentially turned the game in to a 2D Portal. It was pretty cool.

Mario007

Yeah I really doubt they felt they need to do some crazy, last minute changes because of two games that were part of PS+ a year ago and one smart catch for the Xbone.

The problem I think with PS Plus and Gold comparisons now is that PS Plus might start to look like a bit more of inferior service (per monetary value) since even PS3 isn't getting 2 retail games anymore. Hell there was a month when we were back to only digital games for the PS3. This is a problem when in the previous year, like you said, we were getting games like Bioshock infinite.
I understand that with less and less titles releasing on the PS3 it is harder to find these games but it can create a perception problem. However, if this excuse is used (and accepted) then similarly there simply needs to be more retail PS4 games being released. We've only had one so far (2 if you count First Light). PS4 now has a fairly big library of retail games, with quite a few commercial flops (hi Square Enix games) that would benefit from the PS Plus exposure.

It's not like Plus is competing with GWG for subs on a monthly basis. An individual month doesn't matter at all. I don't see how Plus can be considered "inferior value" when we're getting 6 games every month. Who even wants Bio Inf and Tomb Raider at this point? A retail game for PS4 every now and then, sure. But I'd rather have games I'd never buy or play otherwise on PS3.

Footos22

Best thing about plus for me is getting games i'd never usually bat an eyelid at, try them and end up loving everything about it. Rogue legacy being the last one.

Same with games for gold. Great getting rayman this month but i already finished everything but the grind on challenges on 3 different platforms, prefer stuff like Volgarr, rogue legacy even outlast. dotn care about the retail games they are easily rentable if i wanted to try them.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's not like Plus is competing with GWG for subs on a monthly basis. An individual month doesn't matter at all. I don't see how Plus can be considered "inferior value" when we're getting 6 games every month. Who even wants Bio Inf and Tomb Raider at this point? A retail game for PS4 every now and then, sure. But I'd rather have games I'd never buy or play otherwise on PS3.

I'm happy to have both as they both have their advantages. Plus giving me more games, plus Cross Buy stuff which amounts to extra versions like Rogue Legacy being PS4 and Vita. GWG lets me permanently keep my 360 games, which I like.

With Microsoft dropping the price (not sure if it's permanent) on the subscription fee for Gold, I'm hoping we get a little battle on pricing between the two. Doubt it though.

Jimrpg

I got the perfect solution for ps plus. One for retail games, one for indie games. Because it seems most people fall into one camp or the other right? If u want both get both subs (at a discount of course)

Footos22

I'm happy to have both as they both have their advantages. Plus giving me more games, plus Cross Buy stuff which amounts to extra versions like Rogue Legacy being PS4 and Vita. GWG lets me permanently keep my 360 games, which I like.

With Microsoft dropping the price (not sure if it's permanent) on the subscription fee for Gold, I'm hoping we get a little battle on pricing between the two. Doubt it though.

its not permanent, thats been said about 20 times and even from execs themselves on twitter. Dunno how that thread is still going lol

VLiberty

I got the perfect solution for ps plus. One for retail games, one for indie games. Because it seems most people fall into one camp or the other right? If u want both get both subs (at a discount of course)

You would be getting 3 retail games and/or 3 digital games.

So, what would be the big difference from what happens now, with usually 2 retail games per month?(December even had 3)

Percy

Banned
Can't believe we still don't know what March will have.

Have they ever cut it this close to the end of the month before announcing before?

The problem I think with PS Plus and Gold comparisons now is that PS Plus might start to look like a bit more of inferior service (per monetary value) since even PS3 isn't getting 2 retail games anymore. Hell there was a month when we were back to only digital games for the PS3. This is a problem when in the previous year, like you said, we were getting games like Bioshock infinite.

?

The two Feb games were retail games.

Massa

No, most people play games regardless of the label applied to them. Regardless of line-up there will always be a loud whiny minority ready to complain.

foxbeldin

For games that are supposed to be available in 5 days, i'm flabbergasted that they can't give the titles yet. Either something big is going on, or it's just a few countries getting special treatment because of some restriction.

Rosur

For games that are supposed to be available in 5 days, i'm flabbergasted that they can't give the titles yet. Either something big is going on, or it's just a few countries getting special treatment because of some restriction.

I'm hoping it means a AAA title for one of the games and haven't announced as the publisher doesn't want to lose too many sales in the week before it goes on PS+

Likely what's going on is that Sony is no longer going to support PS3 on PS+, so they're trying to think of a good way to compensate for that, and my guess is that they'll make all the PS3 games free on the PS store for PS+ users. And after that it's just going to be PS4 and Vita games, starting with Knack, Killzone, The Order and Driveclub.

That's my guess anyway. I could be wrong.

Likely what's going on is that Sony is no longer going to support PS3 on PS+, so they're trying to think of a good way to compensate for that, and my guess is that they'll make all the PS3 games free on the PS store for PS+ users. And after that it's just going to be PS4 and Vita games, starting with Knack, Killzone, The Order and Driveclub.

eK04cb6.gif

Laranja

All the PS3 games? That seems unlikely.

You will not be seeing The Order anytime this year, and probably only Q2 2016.

and my guess is that they'll make all the PS3 games free on the PS store for PS+ users.

What, all PS3 games free? That's not possible. It might be possible to make all Sony published ones free but I don't think that would happen either. Money from 3rd party digital sales would have to have completely dried up for them to want to try that.

Last month was rly busy too, people said it was because Sony had announced 3 months in a row...Now idk why all the expectation, but there must be a reason.

Yeah seems to be from January, interest has more than doubled.

Top Bottom