• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I'd like PlayStation All Stars or Sly Cooper
You are in luck them. The current IGC will be rotated in October or November. We might get at least one of them or both.

I don't care about Sly 4 on VITA since i own it but i would love to have PSASBR, DOA 5+ or UMVC 3 for VITA.

Maybe the RPG publishers don't want to be on PS+? :/
Final Fantasy Tactis and Disagae 3 have been on the PS+. We do regularly get sales for RPG games on PSP so maybe they think sales is a better way.

I personally think that EU gets more freebies because of less sales while US has more discounts because more sales.

zeopower6

Final Fantasy Tactis and Disagae 3 have been on the PS+ store. We do regularly get sales for RPG games on PSP so maybe they think sales is a better way.

I personally think that EU gets more freebies because of less sales while US has more discounts because more sales.

Still, those aren't the "RPGs" that they were talking about (tactical vs. a normal RPG) I think...

And honestly, there -have- been a lot of fighting games on the US PS+.... (BlazBlue, Tekken, Soul Calibur, now Darkstalkers)

Still, those aren't the "RPGs" that they were talking about (tactical vs. a normal RPG) I think...

And honestly, there -have- been a lot of fighting games on the US PS+.... (BlazBlue, Tekken, Soul Calibur, now Darkstalkers)
I have to agree with the Fighting games part. I wasn't expecting them to pull up another old school Fighting game out of thin air. Seriously, they should've given another PSP RPG, why not something from the Persona or Final Fantasy series.

I've enjoyed it on PC but this is my first Hitman game. Its got more social stealth than any Assassin's Creed game, that's for sure. And more puzzlish elements like finding interesting ways to distract or avoid enemies.

I've read that its more limited and linear than previous Hitman games though.

It's not as good as the other Hitman games in MOST aspects. But I'd say it's a damn fine PS+ game.

+ Graphics compared to other Hitman games
+ Crowd tech
+ Shooting compared to other Hitman games

- AI is not consistent
- Stealth is not consistent/disguises are not reliable
- Checkpoints are weird

You should play it more or less like disguises don't exist. People who have no reason to know what you would or would not look like often alert everyone else to you. That's my biggest problem with it.

It's a decent game, and definitely worth a shot for PS+.

I have a couple levels left after renting, so now I can finish it.

You should play it more or less like disguises don't exist. People who have no reason to know what you would or would not look like often alert everyone else to you. That's my biggest problem with it.
I thought you only got exposed by either going where the uniform wouldn't be allowed or by being noticed by people in the same uniform.

Is there more to it?

Like I said, the whole Hitman thing is completely new to me. I have read there were changes to the disguise system for this game though - specifically in being spotted by people in the same getup.

zeopower6

And they pay $10 + (I think its $12 or $13) more for their year so they have more money to give publishers to snag the better games I would believe.

That is probably it. Their PS+ is a bit pricier so they are gonna have more money to pay publishers.

Thought the US makes up for it with good sales... :3

Tagg9

PSABR will definitely be a PS+ title in Oct/Nov. The game's not selling at all now, and they need to buff up the online community.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Is Spec Ops for EU only? Pity, I'd have liked to try it since it gets a lot of praise. I've never played a Hitman game, but I might try Absolution (even if some seemingly hate it), since it's free and all.

I thought you only got exposed by either going where the uniform wouldn't be allowed or by being noticed by people in the same uniform.

Is there more to it?

Like I said, the whole Hitman thing is completely new to me. I have read there were changes to the disguise system for this game though - specifically in being spotted by people in the same getup.

That's the problem. The way you described it is how the old Hitman games worked. It was glorious. Now, people who logically have no way of knowing who wears what uniform, can blow your cover. It's understandable in restricted areas, but that's not the how it usually works. If people get a long enough look at your face, even without knowing you, your cover is usually gone. They added a "feature" (more like a band-aid) where you can use some of your mojo meter to tilt your face away from people. So the best thing is to not face people at all, at which point you start wondering why you're disguised at all. It becomes more of a cover-to-cover stealth game, which is okay, but not really Hitman. The apex of that series is strolling past people, who have no idea who you are (because you're dressed like a mailman) and delivering death without anyone knowing you were there.

You should try it out though, and let me know if you have the same experience. It's possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I have played all the other Hitmans and beaten all but the first one. If they fix the disguise system in the next one, and move back towards less linearity, it will be really awesome. It's not super-linear, but it's definitely less open than it used to be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I logged in on my PS3 for the first time in a year or so... the first thing I noticed was that PSN is like a software program now that I have to open up each time I want to browse the store? It was sooooooooo slow... like, it took 45 seconds to go from XMB to the front page of the store. And everything chops like it's 15 fps... is it supposed to be this way? And why did they change this?

I logged in on my PS3 for the first time in a year or so... the first thing I noticed was that PSN is like a software program now that I have to open up each time I want to browse the store? It was sooooooooo slow... like, it took 45 seconds to go from XMB to the front page of the store. And everything chops like it's 15 fps... is it supposed to be this way? And why did they change this?

They tried to change it as an improvement.

Needless to say, it's fucking awful.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They tried to change it as an improvement.

Needless to say, it's fucking awful.
If "fucking awful" is the overall consensus, why haven't they changed it back to its original state?

If "fucking awful" is the overall consensus, why haven't they changed it back to its original state?

I honestly have no clue, I think Sony keeps thinking that they can improve it. Well, it's better than it was when it came out (and that says a lot).

For myself, I buy everything using the online store and then download them on my PS3's account management area of the XMB, that way I don't have to bother with the long loading times of the store.

Joni

I honestly have no clue, I think Sony keeps thinking that they can improve it. Well, it's better than it was when it came out.
Because they completely redesigned it in HTML5 allowing them to make the online store on PC without much hassle, and it allows them to update the Store indepently from the firmware which is why we now get so many updates. It is probably also done with the PS4 in their minds.

The_Monk

I really wish they could make a discount on One Year PS Plus, the last time they did one was buy one year get 3 Months free but I remember buying one year for 37€ not so long ago (December?) on the PS Store.

I really hope they can do another discount like that to stock up for the PS4 too.

NHale

I really wish they could make a discount on One Year PS Plus, the last time they did one was buy one year get 3 Months free but I remember buying one year for 37€ not so long ago (December?) on the PS Store.

I really hope they can do another discount like that to stock up for the PS4 too.

They often do discounts on September because it's the PS Plus anniversary IRC. Last year it was 20% discount but they also offered 3 extra months with a 1-year subscription before.

I'm counting on this to renew it before it expires in January 2014.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

The worst thing about the store is how when you navigate all the way over into a category it zooms way in and a pointless, redundant header takes up half the screen... that shit gives me a fucking headache and makes browsing (especially a long list) really unpleasant.

I could live with the slow speed... but the zooming in shit basically keeps me out of the store. I used to spend so much money on PSN impulse buys, but now I hate going in there so much I barely buy anything. I guess it's a good thing, they're saving me a lot money.

Apoc87

Banned
Is hitman absolution a hard game?

I suck at stealth, but if it's streamlined enough i might be able to spare the HDD space for this.

more importantly, is it a good game?

Just checked, I am a PS+ Memeber until 22nd Feb... 2015.

I suck at stealth, but if it's streamlined enough i might be able to spare the HDD space for this.

It's not hard but it's a good game. I had fun with it and I paid for it. I don't think you'll struggle with it, if that's what you mean.

As a EU PS+'er, I enjoyed Hitman, I had only played the demo of Hitman 2, so not really a fan, but the story was enjoyable and so was the gameplay.

Spec Ops is pretty cool too. I hope MP3 comes to EU+, or at least the same sale as the US.

jcm

Because they completely redesigned it in HTML5 allowing them to make the online store on PC without much hassle, and it allows them to update the Store indepently from the firmware which is why we now get so many updates. It is probably also done with the PS4 in their minds.

Exactly. The PS3 is so RAM constrained that the performance is poor, but it works well on Vita and web, and will work well on the PS4 too. They designed it for the future.

The_Monk

They often do discounts on September because it's the PS Plus anniversary IRC. Last year it was 20% discount but they also offered 3 extra months with a 1-year subscription before.

I'm counting on this to renew it before it expires in January 2014.

Thank you for answering fellow GAFfer, hoping for a 37€ deal like last year. Might even grab two years by that price.

NHale

Exactly. The PS3 is so RAM constrained that the performance is poor, but it works well on Vita and web, and will work well on the PS4 too. They designed it for the future.

They still have the old store working though, so they could have that on PS3. While checking the DLC for NFS: The Run in-game it directed me to the old store where I could buy the DLC.

Thank you for answering fellow GAFfer, hoping for a 37€ deal like last year. Might even grab two years by that price.

Me too. Even if the PS4 offering is lackluster, I have a feeling with publishers going all-in on next-gen that PS3 games offered are only going to get better.

Thought I'd download Payday for a quick play. Got past the download and the huge patch, only to find myself sitting in menus for 20 minutes either failing to connect to games or missing out on available slots.

When I finally got into a room, the occupants proceeded to just sit idle in the menu (the screen I was on was saying that it was waiting for server), and the next attempt led me to a recently deserted match.

I'm passing on it for now :p

jcm

They still have the old store working though, so they could have that on PS3. While checking the DLC for NFS: The Run in-game it directed me to the old store where I could buy the DLC.

No kidding? That's really weird then.

KiNeSiS

Banned

It might be a hard game for Lil B fans anything that requires a fragment of thought is hard for Lil B fans.

I am looking forward to Hitman Ab despite all the bad things I've heard here. I am a huge Hitman BM fan may be one of my all
time favs.
Apoc from what I hear people new to the HM series love it series vets complain about everything but the graphics.

KiNeSiS

Banned
A terrible "rapper" if you want to call him that he's Apocs avi.
If you treasure your ear canals I wouldn't look any further into who it is a low tier rapper in a world currently filled to the brim with low tiered rappers.

Celegus

A terrible "rapper" if you want to call him that he's Apocs avi.
If you treasure your ear canals I wouldn't look any further into who it is a low tier rapper in a world currently filled to the brim with low tiered rappers.

Oh, so basically anyone that likes a certain artist is too dumb to appreciate a good game?

Gotcha.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Fans of lyrically deficient rappers have questionable taste in all things, correct.

Speaking of special education vocab "word smiths" do you happen to be a chief keef fan? Because it's apparent you're feeling some type of way.

jvm

Gamasutra.
That Max Payne 3 discount will be gone soon, so grab it if you want it.

Personally, I'd like to try it, but I'm saving my money for other things. Great price, though.

Celegus

Fans of lyrically deficient rappers have questionable taste in all things, correct.

Speaking of special education vocab "word smiths" do you happen to be a chief keef fan? Because it's apparent you're feeling some type of way.

Your opinion of having "questionable taste" is a far cry from "incapable of a fragment of thought" simply for disagreeing with your own opinion.

As for the latter half, those are all english words but don't make sense in any way that I understand.

Top Bottom