• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

If you want the game that much, why not buy it? Why does a possible stripped down demo stop you from getting the full game today?

It's still the fact that I haven't played it, and if I know that I can have a chance to play it and try it for myself before dropping that much money on it, I'm going to wait. I think it looks awesome, but I like to try any game that I'm interested in buying first.

desu

It's still the fact that I haven't played it, and if I know that I can have a chance to play it and try it for myself before dropping that much money on it, I'm going to wait. I think it looks awesome, but I like to try any game that I'm interested in buying first.

Could just shareplay try it, if there was any interest.

Also do you even buy games these days? I mean there are literally 0,1% games with demos these days.

Auctopus

indeed. at this point I expect sony to either announce at the GDC or E3 that they are instead just going to give the full version of drive club the next month instead of the ps+ version as a way of making up for the delayed ps+ version.

That would be a kick in the teeth for the people who actually bought the game at launch.

Also, I don't think this free game is going to be particularly mindblowing. He could've easily excused himself from the delay by saying "I hope it'll be worth it" etc. but chose not to. I guess the licensing was just unusually difficult or something.

Khronico

Hmm. I was gonna wait and see what next month's plus games where before deciding on resubbing but this delay kinda screws up my plans.

Also do you even buy games these days? I mean there are literally 0,1% games with demos these days.

Yes. I don't have to play demos to buy games, but again it's the prospect of knowing that I could be able to try this at some point on Plus before dropping the money on it. If I have the ability to try before I buy, I'm going to do that. If I sounded like I need this game immediately, that's not the case and I retract my tone. I was just saying that I would probably go buy it if I knew that a demo version weren't coming to PS Plus.

psychotron

That would be a kick in the teeth for the people who actually bought the game at launch.

Also, I don't think this free game is going to be particularly mindblowing. He could've easily excused himself from the delay by saying "I hope it'll be worth it" etc. but chose not to. I guess the licensing was just unusually difficult or something.

idk, The game has been functioning very well for a while now, so everyone who paid has been enjoying it as they would any other game that eventually ends up on plus. People will still need to pay DLC. I'd be ok with it.

MUnited83

For you.
Value is in the eye of the beholder.
I've yet to play an indie game that was worth that kind of money.

It's ok to have terrible taste.

Seeing people complain about the value of getting a $15 game when it launches vs a game that's $10 in bargain bins is just another perk of PS+.

Yeah, this. I was amused at the people thanking for getting Injustice because it's a retail title despite it being a terrible fighting game and it having been <10$ on a PSN sale shortly before it was included on Plus.

Cappa

Banned

Shareplay, go to Gamestop buy it used and return it if you don't like it, etc.

: /

o0aE6KF.jpg

Elandyll

Banned
My guess is that there might have been an agreement on a (major?) third party, and they backed out at the last minute for reason X.

My guess is that there might have been an agreement on a (major?) third party, and they backed out at the last minute for reason X.

This was my thought too. Or holding out until the last minute with neither side budging leaving Sony to scramble and find something else.

That at least makes it sound exciting!

Edit: words

Value is in the eye of the beholder.
I've yet to play an indie game that was worth that kind of money.

This blows me away. I've got more hours in Don't Starve, Spelunky and Rogue Legacy than a lot of the $60 games I've bought. Don't Starve isn't an indie game really but it's a low price point indie style game.

El_Cinefilo

If the issue is just one game I don't see why they don't just say the other 5 with the last one TBA until nearer the time? It Would appease a lot of people

seabass0

Apparently Sony accidentally deleted the list of March's PS+ games and they're desperately trying to find someone who remembers what they were.

After reading that other story you're referencing, this wouldn't surprise me at all. The incompetence behind the scenes at Sony is just hilarious sometimes.

Eusis

Well into next week? So nothing for Tuesday possibly?
Hopefully it's because they got something really exciting to put out rather than being hung up on some publisher being wishy washy on an old game of theirs. And by exciting, I mean at the very least a newer release, perhaps even a larger one, rather than EA/Crytek having cold feet on Crysis 1 or whatever.

I do hope that "next week" means "we'll announce it with the Drop or Monday" rather than outright postpone the games. Just release what's been OK'd please, then the last game whenever you can safely do that, we went with staggered Plus games before so a small case of that isn't a big deal and probably helps divide network stress anyway.

EDIT: Also, I found it kind of funny that I look this morning on my phone when waking up to see if the games got announced, and I see that Bloodborne boss.

Koh

I've tried to think of games that I'd love to see on PS+ and the only one that stands out is wolfenstein, but i highly doubt that's even in consideration for this year.

I really haven't been disappointed much by the service, it's been great at getting me to play games i wouldn't have purchased. I haven't fallen prey to the "can't buy this because it might be a plus game soon" mindset, and actually purchased transistor a few weeks before it was on the service. I thought that would bother me, but it didn't because there were other good offerings as well.

Can't wait to see what's next. I keep checking this thread every time is bumped lol.

LakeEarth

Might be fun if they didn't tell us what games were coming out. We'd just have to check every game on the store Tuesday afternoon until we found them all.

N30RYU

is somewere written in the TOS that the PS+ games will be updated the first thursday of the month, or can sony delay the PS+ games this month and release them when they please within the month?

mike4001_

Might be fun if they didn't tell us what games were coming out. We'd just have to check every game on the store Tuesday afternoon until we found them all.

As they update the list overview very late this is just bad

we would have to check every game if it changes to 0 USD/Eur.

They accidentally deleted the list of games for March so they're calling all publishers asking "did we have a deal with you guys for March?"
Apparently Sony accidentally deleted the list of March's PS+ games and they're desperately trying to find someone who remembers what they were.
Damn you!

how hard is this? here sony, this is your march lineup:

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

done. all first party, all games that everyone wants and that are good
done. It's not that hard.

Eusis

how hard is this? here sony, this is your march lineup:

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

done. all first party, all games that everyone wants and that are good
done. It's not that hard.
That'd actually be the worst month for me. Already own Flow, Flower, and Tearaway, and played through all of Knack and Killzone Mercenaries. Granted I could get more milage out of Mercenaries (not so much Knack), but even putting that aside there's the fact Flow'd eat two slots when crossbuy usually wouldn't.

Also Knack's arguably not that hot and Flow's more an artsy showpiece for new hardware.

Top Bottom