• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BumRush

how hard is this? here sony, this is your march lineup:

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

done. all first party, all games that everyone wants and that are good
done. It's not that hard.

While I wouldn't love that particular month, one would think that Sony would have 6 games ready to go every month as a plan B, no?

leng jai

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

Why on earth would they give us Tearaway and Killzone in the same month.

androvsky

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

Flow twice? I don't recall Sony counting a cross-buy game as two platforms since they moved to the current PS+ lineup format. Did you mean Journey on one of them?

Grimsen

Ps4:

Knack
Flow

ps3:

Flow
Flower

Vita:

Tearaway
Killzone mercenaries

mswha.gif

All games that everyone wants? That's crazy talk.

Hoping for some interesting PS3 games. Haven't really played my PS3 much lately (roommate uses it as MW3 machine still). Would loveeeee a racing game since Grid 2 is the only one I've received as a member.

PS4 will probably get some indie game that is launching next month, and a AAA disc game that is inferior to said game.

Vita will just keep chugging through whatever's left to give.

..Driveclub? Although I just traded my disc copy in at BB so it doesn't really bother me either way haha.

Chopper

What's the legitimate reason for the delay? I mean, they've had at least a month to finalise the lineup, right? Why is anything happening at the last minute?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That list is awful lol.
I dunno. A new Killzone game for Vita on day 1 would be pretty damn awesome. Really looking forward to this Killzone Mercenary sequel everybody keeps talking about. Multiple playable characters by the sound of the title. Should be pretty awesome.

bebop242

What's the legitimate reason for the delay? I mean, they've had at least a month to finalise the lineup, right? Why is anything happening at the last minute?

Something something about a short month. Crossing T's and dotting I's. Making sure everything is cleared in all regions.

Yea i don't get it either. You would figure they would have everything finalized months in advance.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This is the same group that would constantly not have the store update done on time, week after week after week. It'll come.

buckeye13

Banned
Starting to questions Shu' s management, names being lost, exclusives not releasing on time, quality of first party launches have been sub par this gen. Firmware updates to console being updated at a snails pace. I own both consoles, but cmon Sony , get your crap together

Massa

Hoping for some interesting PS3 games. Haven't really played my PS3 much lately (roommate uses it as MW3 machine still). Would loveeeee a racing game since Grid 2 is the only one I've received as a member.

PS4 will probably get some indie game that is launching next month, and a AAA disc game that is inferior to said game.

Vita will just keep chugging through whatever's left to give.

Vita's been the highlight of Plus for the last few months, if anything is chugging along it's PS3.

flow is a $0.99 game at best, there are less expensive mobile games that are better gaming experiences than flow. at this point it would be insulting to include it in psplus

Hmm. GDC is next week. I know things aren't typically revealed/announced there (Morpheus was last year, though), but could they announce the new games at GDC? It begins on Monday, March 2nd. I also had the same thought about that rumored major firmware. I wouldn't be surprised if some is announced next week regarding that.

bebop242

Hmm. GDC is next week. I know things aren't typically revealed/announced there (Morpheus was last year, though), but could they announce the new games at GDC? It begins on Monday, March 2nd. I also had the same thought about that rumored major firmware. I wouldn't be surprised if some is announced next week regarding that.

They wouldn't have strung us along the past few days and just announced that they would be revealed on Monday.

zulux21

That would be a kick in the teeth for the people who actually bought the game at launch.

Also, I don't think this free game is going to be particularly mindblowing. He could've easily excused himself from the delay by saying "I hope it'll be worth it" etc. but chose not to. I guess the licensing was just unusually difficult or something.

idk, if it was announced at GDC it would be releasing 6 months after release (as it would be an april release) , at e3 it would be 9 months (as it would be a july game) a decently quick turn around, but hardly a kick in the teeth.

it's not like the game has done amazingly either, so the influx of new players would help people find others to play with.

it doesn't matter to me either way though as it's not my type of game, I would much rather just have another indie.

I'd rather take Knack than yet another indie game !
Sony please stop this indie force-feeding already.... I'm sick of all those 2d retro 8-16bit platformers.

Instead they should focus on games with much wider appeal. Most of these indie games are to niche.

Moze

Banned
I wouldn't even waste hard drive space on Knack. I would rather have nothing at all than Knack. I would take it as a personal insult if they tried giving me Knack at this point.

They had their chance to add it to PlayStation Plus, but that time passed around about July last year.

Sony please stop this indie force-feeding already.... I'm sick of all those 2d retro 8-16bit platformers.

Instead they should focus on games with much wider appeal. Most of these indie games are to niche.

You can't please everybody. So they should please me.

I would love to see Lords of the Fallen. Would I buy it? Apparently not. But I get the feeling I'd play and quite enjoy it.

I would love to see Lords of the Fallen. Would I buy it? Apparently not. But I get the feeling I'd play and quite enjoy it.

I second this motion. Just in time to complete it before Bloodborne hits. I still would've preferred Helldivers though.

Auctopus

it's not like the game has done amazingly either, so the influx of new players would help people find others to play with.

it doesn't matter to me either way though as it's not my type of game, I would much rather just have another indie.

Another poster talking about the quality of the game and it's sales who hasn't even played it? There's plenty of people to play with, the leaderboard entries go up to 1,000,000 so actually the game has done very well, especially considering the poor review scores.

Evo will most likely include another country and more cars in the PS+ version now. Not to mention when it releases the whole of Japan will be available as well.

9 months is nowhere near long enough to then release the game for free.

SMD

You're sick of the retro platformers so you want a platformer that harks back to the 32-bit era?

xrnzaaas

In my opinion it's too soon, much like with Wolfenstein. On the other hand CI Games may use the extra money from Sony for the sequel and their other games (like the Sniper series).

Mario007

You're sick of the retro platformers so you want a platformer that harks back to the 32-bit era?

To be fair 32-bit platformers were very different to the 8-bit ones. I think it's just that just like brown shooters a lot of the indie games do tend to employ similar philosophy and aesthetics behind them and share a lot in common. I would quite enjoy to have more polished AA or AAA games on the service (especially now, 16 months in after PS4 launched). Basically what I'm saying stuff like transistor or Injustice. At the very least one big game and one small game.

Top Bottom