• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Toki767

That Max Payne 3 discount will be gone soon, so grab it if you want it.

Personally, I'd like to try it, but I'm saving my money for other things. Great price, though.

I figure if I buy it, it'll be on Steam. $8 is a crazy good price though.

Roto13

Your opinion of having "questionable taste" is a far cry from "incapable of a fragment of thought" simply for disagreeing with your own opinion.

As for the latter half, those are all english words but don't make sense in any way that I understand.

GAF would be a happier place if everyone had the same ignore list that I do.

Apoc87

Banned
It might be a hard game for Lil B fans anything that requires a fragment of thought is hard for Lil B fans.

I am looking forward to Hitman Ab despite all the bad things I've heard here. I am a huge Hitman BM fan may be one of my all
time favs.
Apoc from what I hear people new to the HM series love it series vets complain about everything but the graphics.

The rapper in my Avi is soulja boy. Nice try.

Now, people who logically have no way of knowing who wears what uniform, can blow your cover.
In my time playing I've never seen this happen. My cover only gets blown by people in the same uniform (thus the use of mojo juice to nod my head and scurry past em). I can have staring contests with everybody else, as long as its not a restricted area.

Dunno, but will get back into the game soon and experiment some more. I did enjoy what I played of it and definitely recommend it for PSN+ users. Not going to double dip myself as I have it on PC.

Hitman Absolution is up this week.

It is 16 GB and seems to be labelled as "Special Edition" and comes with the following DLC

vviO6Dh.jpg

Celegus

What's with the Sleeping Dogs logo in the corner? Gonna have to delete some more stuff for this bad boy, say bye Battlefield 3!

Roto13

It also makes Sleeping Dogs cost $25. I'm not sure if that's more or less than the original price. :p

Bought Rayman Origins on Vita. Have enough left over for a version of Rayman 2 but I don't know which one to get. PS2 version is better but PS1 version works on Vita.

Drago

It also makes Sleeping Dogs cost $25. I'm not sure if that's more or less than the original price. :p

Bought Rayman Origins on Vita. Have enough left over for a version of Rayman 2 but I don't know which one to get. PS2 version is better but PS1 version works on Vita.
PS1 version is heavily gimped IIRC, PS2 version is one of the best versions of the game I believe. For only a dollar more I'd just get the PS2 game, Vita compatibility or not.

Are PS2 classics remote play compatible on Vita? Because they should be if they can't run natively :/

Roto13

PS1 version is heavily gimped IIRC, PS2 version is one of the best versions of the game I believe. For only a dollar more I'd just get the PS2 game, Vita compatibility or not.

Are PS2 classics remote play compatible on Vita? Because they should be if they can't run natively :/

Yeah, I'll probably just get that version. Won't be able to play it while I'm away for a couple of weeks, but it'd just end up in my backlog if I was staying at home anyway. :p

I don't think they have remote play. Remote play between Vita and PS3 isn't very good anyway.

wilflare

Yeah, I'll probably just get that version. Won't be able to play it while I'm away for a couple of weeks, but it'd just end up in my backlog if I was staying at home anyway. :p

I don't think they have remote play. Remote play between Vita and PS3 isn't very good anyway.

so Rayman 2 Revolution and Rayman 2 Great Escape are the same games?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Please Sony, i would like to download the updated game instead of downloading the game and then, when i'm ready to play it, realize that i need to download an update of 3GB.

Edit: Saints Row :The Third free on EU+ :D

Some games are fully patched, and others are not. I suspect it depends on the publisher or perhaps the way patches are implemented. Annoying.

I logged in on my PS3 for the first time in a year or so... the first thing I noticed was that PSN is like a software program now that I have to open up each time I want to browse the store? It was sooooooooo slow... like, it took 45 seconds to go from XMB to the front page of the store. And everything chops like it's 15 fps... is it supposed to be this way? And why did they change this?

Its pretty sluggish, but it gets somewhat better after a few uses, once the images are cached locally.

What's with the Sleeping Dogs logo in the corner? Gonna have to delete some more stuff for this bad boy, say bye Battlefield 3!
It offers discount on the Sleeping Dogs Digital Version, for those who missed it out as PS+ Freebie

• Deus Ex Disguise DLC for use in Contracts Mode.
  • Deux Ex ‘Zenith’ Handgun DLC for use in Contracts Mode.
  • Discount on the digital version of Sleeping Dogs.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
sleeping dogs worth $25? better than saints row the third?

Hard to be worse than SRIII. And yet somehow Sleeping Dogs accomplishes it. Of course they are both a million times better than Spec Ops. So there's that, I guess.

Mesoian

Hard to be worse than SRIII. And yet somehow Sleeping Dogs accomplishes it. Of course they are both a million times better than Spec Ops. So there's that, I guess.

ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

Sleepy Dogs has the normal open world issue of not being able to end terribly well, and having most of the side stuff not influence any of the main stuff. Beyond that, it's pretty good.

But I played it for free so....::Shrugs::

Evolved1

ngbbs51255359f0b71.jpg

Sleepy Dogs has the normal open world issue of not being able to end terribly well, and having most of the side stuff not influence any of the main stuff. Beyond that, it's pretty good.

But I played it for free so....::Shrugs::

Sleeping Dogs' only redeeming quality in my opinion is that the fighting is kind of cool until you realize it's so easy and you could kill an entire army without much challenge. Really don't like anything else about the game. Got about 3/4 through and just stopped from boredom and jank annoyance.

It's like you've played the Bizzarro versions of all of these games.

You have hideous taste. Imo.

Drago

Maybe I'm insane but Sleeping Dogs just didn't click with me. I wasn't having a lot of fun with the combat (felt kinda repetitive and button mashy at times) and the world, while extremely pretty, felt confusing and unfun to traverse IMO (I didn't like the car physics much either), not to mention the map confused me as well (in that case I may just be dumb). I can definitely tell it's a well made game and I perfectly understand why people love it, it just wasn't for me I guess.

Maybe I should give it another shot sometime.

Blergh... lame update, another game with bullets, the only thing i'll be downloading is Runner 2. I'm sick to the gills of 1st/3rd person shooters, GTA clones and fighting games... where are the platformers?.

Tizoc

Have you played any of the Rayman games on sale? Sounds like something you would be interested in.

Cosign, they may not be 'freebies', but they are worth getting with their sale prices atm.
Get Rayman 1 PSX, Rayman 2 PS2, Rayman 3 HD & Rayman Origins PS3 (and Vita if you feel like it), those are the only ones you need. While Rayman 1 can be hard, the rest are doable but the latest game, Origins, is fun personified, and is great to play with kids or friends who are into platformers.

Have you played any of the Rayman games on sale? Sounds like something you would be interested in.

Cosign, they may not be 'freebies', but they are worth getting with their sale prices atm.
Get Rayman 1 PSX, Rayman 2 PS2, Rayman 3 HD & Rayman Origins PS3 (and Vita if you feel like it), those are the only ones you need. While Rayman 1 can be hard, the rest are doable but the latest game, Origins, is fun personified, and is great to play with kids or friends who are into platformers.

Already have Origins, it was awesome... i'm getting Rayman 3 HD... and i'm considering picking up Rayman 2 as well... the considering part is because it's not HD and PS2 games don't look so hot on a HD telly.

Roto13

Haha!... don't tell me it has a gun...

But as previously stated... what i was trying to say is that i'm sick of M rated games... i want light hearted games.

Your preference in tone isn't what I take issue with. It's that you're writing off a stealth game as a shooter. :p I can totally appreciate someone not wanting to play an M-rated stealth game where you kill people.

But yeah, as others are saying, get some Rayman. I wouldn't really recommend Rayman 3 (it's kind of annoying) but Rayman 2 is excellent, HD or not.

Tizoc

Already have Origins, it was awesome... i'm getting Rayman 3 HD... and i'm considering picking up Rayman 2 as well... the considering part is because it's not HD and PS2 games don't look so hot on a HD telly.

PS2 games look good on my HDTV ;) Only gripe is jaggies but they otherwise look and play fine.

beason52

Neo Member
I thought Sleeping Dogs was fantastic. Great atmosphere and gameplay with a pretty cool storyline. The Saints Row series never clicked with me though.

Just so you know, 3 is the only one not made by Michel Ancel and is consider a low point for the main series. I guess for $2.50 you can't go too wrong.

Evolved1

Hitman...17 GB...why is this so fucking big?

Is this worth spending a year trying to download or should I not bother

The fact you need 34 gigs of space just to DL is so fucking annoying...

Eusis

Just so you know, 3 is the only one not made by Michel Ancel and is consider a low point for the main series. I guess for $2.50 you can't go too wrong.
Well, I guess that may answer my question on whether or not to bother!

Although we've had a surprising shortage of 3D platformers given how big of a deal SM64 had been. Either it's just that hard to nail or it's pigeonholed into being for kids.

Hmm, well i downloaded and digged the demo... and i'm not gonna go broke by purchasing it at such a low price... i'll get it for sure. (add it to my ginormous backlog)

Sweet, downloading now.

Will be my first Hitman game.
It really opens up after the first few levels which are mostly tutorial. Once they do you'll have more options to be creative.

There are also a ton of little challenges, and even user-created ones I haven't even dipped my feet into. So if you like replaying and checking out every possibility in each level, this game will definitely hi-five you along the way.

Top Bottom