• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

$500
Germany

Yeah I'm calling fake

ziEsg1s.png

kevin1025

Banned
Do we know for sure that the games are still coming tomorrow though?
Could the games themselves be delayed as well?

That's the thing, they could be announcing the games Monday for the usual first Tuesday Plus deal, but if it's taking so long for the deal to come through, this might be the first time it's pushed back since the new structure.

IronLich

Hey guys, basic German lesson.

But they aren't the free games included on PS+. The tab on the upper right says "Now 6.99 for members", so since there's a LEGO sale on the horizon, they are probably part of the discount.

But they aren't the free games included on PS+. The tab on the upper right says "Now 6.99 for members", so since there's a LEGO sale on the horizon, they are probably part of the discount.

That's not what it says. It says "Become a member for 6.99€" and these pictures are usually used to advertise the free games this month.
Source: I'm German

This month's

MUnited83

For you.

No. Thats the monthly plus price. Ergo the games on the imagem are tthe PS+ offerings(if the image is true)

WeTeHa

Sorry, that's not correct.

"Jetzt ab 6.99€ Mitglied werden" means "become a member now, starting at 6.99€"

You really know your german culture (you're an expert)

Wait, if that one is real, then the fact that the word "Plus" is using the wrong font in the fake means nothing?

logo-playstation-plus_update_vf2.png

I'm almost sure someone just took that picture and thought it would be too much effort to change "FEBRUAR" to "MÄRZ", so they just shopped a small part of it. :p If the whole thing leaked they would have posted it

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I really hope they announce the games soon. Not because I'm that impatient, but because I'm sick of people going crazy on the Internet over it. :D

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Ohh...I was thinking it was something like "Waffle iron man" or whatever for waffles...

I need to go make pancakes and waffles

And have a healthy bowl of Chex cereal, part of a balanced breakfast.

And be sure to zorch some Flemoids while you're at it

I'm not really sure as to how these last few pages epitomize that. If anything, the shocking disregard of all indie games by a bunch of people in practically every PS Plus announcement thread is something that becomes extremely grating and tiresome. So when you have people decrying that indie games aren't real games and that they want KNACK (!!!), it's not surprising that others will argue against that.

Yes, there are people who disregard all indie games...that's annoying as well. My point is there have been posters saying that people who aren't satisfied with 80% of PS+ games being indie are off-base and only want AAA games because they're worth more money. That's just not true, and it's equally as annoying as people who bash indies.

I don't know how you could argue that most of the PS+ games we've gotten only have niche appeal. They're generally fun, easy games with a wide variety of genres, art and playstyles.

The only thing that separates the "indie" games from a AAA game, in this context, is production value. I'm glad you like them more. But instead of throwing every indie game under the bus, consider identifying what you don't like beyond "oh it's an indie game." It makes for poor discussion and is oversimplifying the situation.

Yes, and production values are very important to a lot of people! That's generally something I look for in most games. Throwing every indie game under the bus? How so? I even listed ones I love! I just said that I want more AAA games because there are many indie games I don't like at all, but very few AAA games I don't enjoy.

I don't personally like games with the old-school graphics style - as seen in games like Rogue Legacy, Mercenary Kings, Don't Starve, Fez, Towerfall Ascension, etc. I also really don't care for the gameplay in any of those games (I know they're different styles of games). In addition to lower production values in MOST (not all!) indies (graphics, story, voice work), they're normally shorter and smaller experiences than big AAA games. And I find that they have less depth in terms of mechanics, variety, and systems (most of the time!)

They're not indie games. They're just games.

I'll stop ragging on "indie bashers" the minute people stop sweepingly making moronic comments about indies as some kind of monolithic reality.

There are good games and bad games. It's really that simple. We should want more good games on PS+.

I don't really agree with that. They can still be called indie games based on a number metrics (most of the time)! Nothing wrong with that. This includes production vales, length, depth, etc.

MikeyB

I'd be okay with all indies. I like indies. But, that is a degrading of the service. AAA games generally have more depth and longer gameplay, and even respecting how awesome Indies can be, I'm ultimately paying to fill my leisure time. Indies generally fill it less.

kevin1025

Banned
The problem facing PlayStation Plus is all of the great indie games hitting the PS4 platform have a very good chance of becoming Plus games, as proven by the past few months, so it makes their purchase at release feel like a bad investment now. All of these great March digital games could be the fall's Plus games if you just have patience.

olimpia84

The problem facing PlayStation Plus is all of the great indie games hitting the PS4 platform have a very good chance of becoming Plus games, as proven by the past few months, so it makes their purchase at release feel like a bad investment now. All of these great March digital games could be the fall's Plus games if you just have patience.

Yup. Glad I've held off from buying Transistor at release.

That's not a real problem. The same happens with Steam and sales and bundles. There are enough people that want (good) games on release day and even if you don't buy it but get it through Plus later, the dev is well compensated for that.

Yep. Games that don't intend on going ps+ need to lauch with a "no ps+ access for 6 months minimum" sticker or something.

Honestly, this isn't even a PS+ problem, it happens with their sales too. Now, Sony has been killing it with some great sales, but that also means I have no incentive to EVER buy a game when it launches (unless I really want it right then).

I bought Geometry Wars 3 when it launched, played it for a bit, and then it went on sale about a month later. I'm not doing that again...

redcrayon

Yes, there are people who disregard all indie games...that's annoying as well. My point is there have been posters saying that people who aren't satisfied with 80% of PS+ games being indie are off-base and only want AAA games because they're worth more money. That's just not true, and it's equally as annoying as people who bash indies.

Yes, and production values are very important to a lot of people! That's generally something I look for in most games. Throwing every indie game under the bus? How so? I even listed ones I love! I just said that I want more AAA games because there are many indie games I don't like at all, but very few AAA games I don't enjoy.

I don't personally like games with the old-school graphics style - as seen in games like Rogue Legacy, Mercenary Kings, Don't Starve, Fez, Towerfall Ascension, etc. I also really don't care for the gameplay in any of those games (I know they're different styles of games). In addition to lower production values in MOST (not all!) indies (graphics, story, voice work), they're normally shorter and smaller experiences than big AAA games. And I find that they have less depth in terms of mechanics, variety, and systems (most of the time!)

I don't really agree with that. They can still be called indie games based on a number metrics (most of the time)! Nothing wrong with that. This includes production vales, length, depth, etc.
The only metric for a game being made by an independent developer is 'was it made by an independent developer?'.

The minute we start using arbitrary, highly variable metrics like 'length' or even 'team size' or 'production values' we run into all kinds of issues. The last AAA game I played had a 6 hour campaign for £50.

Top Bottom