• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Regarding the Octodad/Marvel "leak", look at Jan and Feb's game lineups

In both of these, the titles of EVERY game is visible. In the Octodad/Marvel one...not so much.

Also, come on. That Octodad leak is cropped horribly.
Jan
16041938918_c0f1192294_o.jpg

Feb
OTw0X9d.jpg

LAM09

I would expect them to have something decent planned seeing as we still don't know what games are for March's offering.

Yup. Glad I've held off from buying Transistor at release.

After playing Transistor thanks to PS+ I was wishing I'd bought it on launch. I'm not bashing people who wait for games to appear on PS+ (I do it too), I just think some games are worth paying for and playing sooner rather than waiting for a possible PS+ release months down the line. Transistor was most definitely one of those games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Given the flurry of activity this thread has seen recently I assume the next batch of US PS+ bonuses aren't far away? My PS4 arrived on Friday so excuse my ignorance.

Dugna

Given the flurry of activity this thread has seen recently I assume the next batch of US PS+ bonuses aren't far away? My PS4 arrived on Friday so excuse my ignorance.

They're usually supposed to be announced by now...this is just taking oddly long.

They should be out on March 4th, the activity is high because they're really late with the announcement.

New PS+ games get announced in the last week of the month (usually a Thursday) and are then made available to download on the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month (or on whichever day PSN first updates in your region). Last week was a rare occasion where the announcement got delayed. We should be hearing something before Tuesday/Wednesday.

Is the Lego Marvel game supposed to be any good? I don't particularly care for the indie/AAA distinction or lack thereof of the latter, I just want some good games.

Is the Lego Marvel game supposed to be any good? I don't particularly care for the indie/AAA distinction or lack thereof of the latter, I just want some good games.

Yes. Flying around as Iron Man in the sandbox is worth the price of admission on its own. But yeah, it's definitely keeps the recent trend going of entertaining Lego games.

JaseC

New PS+ games get announced in the last week of the month (usually a Thursday) and are then made available to download on the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month (or on whichever day PSN first updates in your region). Last week was a rare occasion where the announcement got delayed. We should be hearing something before Tuesday/Wednesday.

Cool beans. I'm expecting a lot of overlap with my Steam account for the time being (in terms of my latter library as it currently exists and will exist), but that being said, if by some miracle Axiom Verge is announced as a bonus, I'll be playing the crap out of it. It's the first Metroid-inspired game in god-knows-how-long that aesthetically and mechanically tickles me in all the right places.

androvsky

Cool beans. I'm expecting a lot of overlap with my Steam account for the time being, but that being said, if by some miracle Axiom Verge is announced as a bonus, I'll be playing the crap out of it. It's the first Metroid-inspired game in god-knows-how-long that aesthetically and mechanically tickles me in all the right places.
Axiom Verge won't be for quite a while, since it's already announced for the spring sale.

Söldner-X 2 just passed cert in EU/UK, I wonder if that might be linked to the PS+ hold up? It was submitted over a month ago so it's a possibility, unless the release is planned for much later in March.

Cool beans. I'm expecting a lot of overlap with my Steam account for the time being (in terms of both games I own and will own), but that being said, if by some miracle Axiom Verge is announced as a bonus, I'll be playing the crap out of it. It's the first Metroid-inspired game in god-knows-how-long that aesthetically and mechanically tickles me in all the right places.

The chance that Axiom Verge is included is very close to zero, since the release date is known and it's part of another Sony promotion. For a new game to be included in PS+ it has to release on the day the free games update.

CCIE

Banned
I've had Plus for the past year, and it recently expired - a few days ago. Not certain I am going to renew it untl Fall, because of the lack of AAA titles for PS4. Finding the sales to be cheap enough, given I got TR, Knack, and Rayman for about $34 dollars. Transistor was great though.

It, Dust, and Infamous first light were the only games worth admission to me. I expect things to pick up soon, though. At which time I will resubscribe. Plenty of good sales right now in the meantime

JaseC

I had a premonition it was Assassin Creed Black Flag... that is the closest we have to confirmed yet.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be all that surprised to learn that Ubi threw Unity into the mix given its reception. Despite launching in what was practically a beta state, if, like me, you consider the original AssCreed to be the preliminary blueprint from which Ubi should have iterated, there's a lot to like underneath the technical issues.

Edit: Clarity.

Hope it's Lego Marvel, heard great things about it and I've been holding off picking up a copy. My son would be over the moon about it too :)

Although I'd accept AC Unity like JaseC said :)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wouldn't mind Black Flag. I borrowed it from a friend for a while, but never end up beating it, and he sold it shortly after I gave it back.

Nightbird

Wow, people are really getting worked up over this!

Or maybe i just don't understand, since this is my First Time ever waiting for the PS+ Offerings :$

Nightbird

The speculation and reactions to the announcement are sometimes the best part of the subscription. :D

Speculation and Reaction huh?
Well, you got me hooked now, i love reading speculations of others, and i also love seeing people react to stuff.

Seems, like this is going to be a Fun Thread for me! :D

Maybesew

Wow, people are really getting worked up over this!

Or maybe i just don't understand, since this is my First Time ever waiting for the PS+ Offerings :$

This month is especially interesting for a few reasons. It seemed almost definite that hell divers would be a game, but then it was announced on the sale do that threw things for a loop. Combined with the late announcement date people are really worked up.

JNA

Banned
What's taking so long with the annoucement for the games this month? Still no annoucement despite NOW being in March? 0_0

The only metric for a game being made by an independent developer is 'was it made by an independent developer?'.

The minute we start using arbitrary, highly variable metrics like 'length' or even 'team size' or 'production values' we run into all kinds of issues. The last AAA game I played had a 6 hour campaign for £50.

Meh. 90% of the time everyone is on the same page when they call a game 'indie'. When someone uses the term, we're all clear on why it isn't considered AAA. In my opinion, it's just being difficult to dispute the term due to the rare cases where it doesn't fit. If you'd like, we can call them 'non-AAA games' then.

Top Bottom