• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I concluded that Apotheon would be amazing if you really took the time to learn how to play, enjoyed exploring the levels and really got into what it was presenting with true mastery of the controls and slower pace.

I didn't, so I just think it sucks.

Gone Home would be an awful choice for a Plus game. Regardless of liking the game or not, it's too short and offers no sort of challenge to make it really interesting. I also already have it and don't think it's worth another playthrough, so that maybe affects my decision as well.

Gone Home would be an awful choice for a Plus game. Regardless of liking the game or not, it's too short and offers no sort of challenge to make it really interesting. I also already have it and don't think it's worth another playthrough, so that maybe affects my decision as well.

I don't play games like Gone Home for the challenge...

I don't play games like Gone Home for the challenge...

That's because it doesn't have any, which is exactly my point. It can be completed in the space of a few hours and you have no reason to replay it because nothing changes in subsequent playthroughs. There's no learning process to the game and no obsctacles to over come.

It just makes no sense as a PS+ title.

That's because it doesn't have any, which is exactly my point. It can be completed in the space of a few hours and you have no reason to replay it because nothing changes in subsequent playthroughs. There's no learning process to the game and no obsctacles to over come.

Doesn't it make perfect sense as a PS+ title? Because it can be completed in the space of a few hours and you have no reason to replay it? Because there's no learning process to the game and no obstacles to over come?

Roto13

How does that make any sense at all? Where does it say that games like Gone Home can't be PS+ games?

Doesn't it make perfect sense as a PS+ title? Because it can be completed in the space of a few hours and you have no reason to replay it? Because there's no learning process to the game and no obstacles to over come?

What other PS+ games are like this?

How does that make any sense at all? Where does it say that games like Gone Home can't be PS+ games?
Nothing says it can't be, I just don't think it works as a PS+ title.

I also don't think it's that good and wouldn't replay it, so from a personal point of view it's a waste of a game on the service for me.

redcrayon

Meh. 90% of the time everyone is on the same page when they call a game 'indie'. When someone uses the term, we're all clear on why it isn't considered AAA. In my opinion, it's just being difficult to dispute the term due to the rare cases where it doesn't fit. If you'd like, we can call them 'non-AAA games' then.
The problem with calling games 'non-AAA games' is that 'AAA' are rapidly becoming a severe minority. Less and less release every year. There's a wide variety of titles, under a variety of budgets, expanding to fill the gap as developers self-publish to get out of the rut of slamming out a product designed by committee, which is why using 'indie' to mean everything that isn't 'AAA' just doesn't work. The variety in even just production values that exists outside of the tiny minority of games we call AAA is huge, 'Indie' now covers titles made by one guy all the way up to games that last gen would have been considered mid-tier, the only difference is the lack of a publisher.

The absolute insistence that 'AAA' means some level of quality control rather than just a term for it's budget and marketing just doesn't hold water. As long as PS+ games are good games, rather than picked due to development budget, and there's something for everyone, I really don't see the problem. The only problem I have had with PS+ is that sometimes they just pick multiple bizarre games with niche appeal, like Proteus and Metrico in the same month. Ideally I think they should try to have a crowd pleaser alongside something more conceptual.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Y'all got any more of them PS+ announcements?
om2qxa.jpg

Nope, sorry sport! But ask again in a day or two. You never know, right?

ILoveBish

At this point, im positive that sony purposely waits till the very last minute to announce the games just to get people talking each and every month. Its either that or they are 100% incompetent, either way, its the sony way of doing things.

oti

Banned
I have heard that there are no new games this month and that all subscribers will get an Anniversary PS4 instead.

maneil99

PS4: OlliOlli2 (Crossbuy Vita) Lego Marvel

PS3: God of War Ascension, Ratchet and Clank HD Collection (Crossbuy Vita)

PSVita: Resistance Burning Skies, Little Big Planet

Top Bottom