• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Nibel

Great month

ezgif-1301237282.gif

Frith

i do hope they announce before the vita birthday sale ends in eu
i don't mind buying things that go free but i do mind buying things that go free hours later because of some admin.

lol, this is gonna be amazing if it's a really average indie title.

I still don't see a problem with not announcing the games ahead of time in general.

If the actual content doesn't "ship" tomorrow then I can see this all being an issue, I'm sure a lot of people are already extremely disappointed in advance and will make it blindingly clear upon the actual announcement. Oh, and they'll throw in ... "All this delay ... for THIS?! Fucking Sony, mang."

It's how the internet works.

flashmouth

Neo Member
maybe they have to wait for vita birthday sale to end, cause the game is part of it.
I bet it's killzone, I just bought that a few days ago.

WITHE1982

damn. Wonder what could be causing this :/ considering we should be getting the games Wednesday...

There's a lot of speculation that we're due for either Driveclub PS+ or a AAA title. TBH I just think it's a combination of a short month plus the 28th-1st falling on a weekend. Nothing more.

El_Cinefilo

I don't think Driveclub is a part of the reason. Firstly it's an extra game so there's no need to hold back the other announcements and secondly, if it's that touch and go if it'll be ready for tomorrow then why not just hold it off until next month. At this point what's another month delay?

Auctopus

I still don't see a problem with not announcing the games ahead of time in general.

If the actual content doesn't "ship" tomorrow then I can see this all being an issue, I'm sure a lot of people are already extremely disappointed in advance and will make it blindingly clear upon the actual announcement. Oh, and they'll throw in ... "All this delay ... for THIS?! Fucking Sony, mang."

It's how the internet works.

If they can't announce what the games are, then it means they're probably not sure if they are gonna have it. If they were definite, they'd be fine with announcing it as long as they got the game ready in time but they haven't, which means they're not sure.

They're not sure and it's almost 24hrs until the games have to go up on the store so despite GAFs impatience and unnecessary F5ing, this might actually be a problem soon.

Not that I mind, particularly. My comment was more to highlight the anticipation due to the delayed announcement being lead in to the announcement of another 'Road Not Taken' (An average to bad indie game).

DeviantBoi

It's probably a game that's on sale this week.

That's why they can't announce it. Who would buy the game on sale this week if it's going to be free the next.

Wace

It's probably a game that's on sale this week.

That's why they can't announce it. Who would buy the game on sale this week if it's going to be free the next.

As far as I remember, being subscriber from day 1, they never did anything like that before. I remember even some announcement mentioning that "while this game goes on discount now, we would like to let you know that it'll be free on plus for next month" or something like that.

So no.

Hasney

This can't be a coincidence that gdc is this week.

It's Sony. It very much can be.

As far as I remember, being subscriber from day 1, they never did anything like that before. I remember even some announcement mentioning that "while this game goes on discount now, we would like to let you know that it'll be free on plus for next month" or something like that.

So no.

I think it still could be. They're running out of Vita games.

Top Bottom