• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Well, it makes sense that Sony would want to let Valve officially announce that Half Life 3 exists before adding it to March's PS+. And, coincidentally, Valve has a CDG talk tomorrow, 3/3, at 3pm.

Remember guys, I'm not an insider. This is just speculation.

Hanmik

UzfTQ8d.gif

Hasney

Well, it makes sense that Sony would want to let Valve officially announce that Half Life 3 exists before adding it to March's PS+. And, coincidentally, Valve has a CDG talk tomorrow, 3/3, at 3pm.

Makes sense. I'm still fucked off the second PS4 game is just a Morpheous unit. Why wouldn't I want a second actual game?

Hesemonni

Banned

Kotaku: Half-Life 3 confirmed as an PS+ exclusive by an insider.

Do we know of any PSN title that got delayed?
I think Sony's approval for release is relatively close to the time it actually gets put on the store. In the past there have been some spontaneous short-time release delays because the game failed Sony's certification process.
So if that happens with a day-1 PS+ game I guess they would have to make some last-minute changes/deals.
Otherwise I have to clue what planning they do the whole month(s) besides twiddling their thumbs.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So the announcement isn't coming today either? But the US is supposed to get the games tomorrow. Someone should actually ask if we're actually getting the games this week.

TM94

Part of me sort of wants Sony to say sorry you're not getting games this month because of unforeseen problems or whatever.

The meltdown would be legendary.

FDC1

So the announcement isn't coming today either? But the US is supposed to get the games tomorrow. Someone should actually ask if we're actually getting the games this week.

He didn't say it wasn't coming today. He said they didn't get the green light yet. It can still be in 1 hour, in 1 day or whenever.

oti

Banned
We could've played through The Order like four times if we didn't reload this thread all the time for new infos instead.

RK128

I'm going to post what I did in the PSN Thread:

My final bet for Plus with all the news is the following:
PS4: Lego Marvel, Octodad
PS3: Crimsonland, RE Revelations 1
Vita: La Mulana EX, OilOil2

That sounds like a great month in my eyes :).

Between the rumors we all saw across the thread, the release line-up this week and other factors, I feel like these are the games we are getting this month :). If so, that would be really great :D.

Carl

Between the rumors we all saw across the thread, the release line-up this week and other factors, I feel like these are the games we are getting this month :). If so, that would be really great :D.

But an Octodad dev already said it's not on PS+ this month

shmoglish

Agree. Would buy the vitagames, but get them as plusgames is also ok.

TM94

I think what's got people more annoyed than anything is not necessarily the delay to the announcement.
But rather the miscommunication by Sony, every day on twitter or on the blog, it seems to be oh "check back tomorrow" "sorry looks like it won't be today".

They need to step their game up when it comes to informing their customers imo.

RK128

But an Octodad dev already said it's not on PS+ this month

Well, the developer could just be playing dumb to keep it a 'surprise' for whenever Sony announces it or something :). It would be a great choice too; a creative and fun game that would nicely complement the kid-friendly Lego Marvel :D.

I think what's got people more annoyed than anything is not necessarily the delay to the announcement.
But rather the miscommunication by Sony, every day on twitter or on the blog, it seems to be oh "check back tomorrow" "sorry looks like it won't be today".

They need to step their game up when it comes to informing their customers imo.
Yeah but we've been saying that for like 8 years and they're still pretty bad about most psn related things. Like they still don't have an exact time that they update their store on a weekly basis, for instance.

TM94

Yeah but we've been saying that for like 8 years and they're still pretty bad about most psn related things. Like they still don't have an exact time that they update their store on a weekly basis, for instance.

Ah, well that's not particularly encouraging from someone who made the jump from the 360 to PS4.

DD

I'd bet this delay has something to do with Germany being Germany and for that I want to apologize.

tumblr_n8exh5dXsE1r8uffzo1_250.gif
We still have more titles than you...

...at least until the next world cup, which you effin Germans will probably win again. ;(

Brazil will stick with these five titles for a loooooong time.

liquidtmd

Banned
My problem is that because we're keen to know, it makes us look like we're demanding of Sony or that we're asking for special treatment.

We'd just like an agreed time to be told of what we can expect as part of their paid service that they sell to us on these terms instead of 'sometime / maybe today / maybe tomorrow / please understand'.

Outside of the fringe element who really spout abuse and are genuinely disproportionate, I don't think an agreed timeframe for this is an unreasonable demand in the slightest. I have the similar issue with Sonys firmware communicative skills. Pushing for them to reveal exact details before they're ready? No. Wanting them to say 'ok, here's roughly what you can expect and a rough timeline for implementation' or even 'We're not going to do X in the next four months so quit asking and expecting it'. Yes. The 'wait and see' mentality is just grating.

Top Bottom