• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

KiNeSiS

Banned
The rapper in my Avi is soulja boy. Nice try.

play on the dumb Konami=Capcom joke
Soldier Boy=Lil B

It got a little bit dragged out since SnowVamp avi kept furthering the discussion forcing my hand at elaboration.

Funny Roto claims I'm on his ignore list yet often times replys to my posts. Such a cool kid & internet bad mofo all the way around.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can't you guys just start the download and then cancel it? It still marks the game as "purchased" so you can download it when you want to play it.

The original PS1 Rayman for $1.50 is a steal, by the way. If you like uber-challenging platformers with gorgeous 2D art and cool music, go for it.

Do you like 3 gold trophies in one minute? ;)

g2iOhTR.gif

Chris R

16gb for hitman? Whelp I have to hold off on that until I know what my bandwidth situation looks like at the end of the month :(

I thought you only got exposed by either going where the uniform wouldn't be allowed or by being noticed by people in the same uniform.

Is there more to it?

Like I said, the whole Hitman thing is completely new to me. I have read there were changes to the disguise system for this game though - specifically in being spotted by people in the same getup.

Maybe I just don't get their logic then. I am sometimes dressed as someone I would assume the surrounding npcs are unaware of, but most of they time, they know. I haven't played it since launch, so if I find otherwise, I'll say so. Downloading now, but 17 GB lolz.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I bought Rayman. I couldn't resists at $5. Having an amazing time with it and the download wasn't as big as I was dreading. It downloaded and installed really fast for me!

jvm

Gamasutra.
The bad thing about a 17GB game becomes clear when your system locks up and the whole download gets corrupted, but you don't know until you try to install it.

Yay. Another 17GB download! :(

Cmagus

Man MLB is too funny it took longer for the main screen to load then it did to get them all.

Install--> 1 minute --> uninstall

The bad thing about a 17GB game becomes clear when your system locks up and the whole download gets corrupted, but you don't know until you try to install it.

I've had that happen but luckily only once. I have been downloading Hitman for like 3 hours now and just hit 50% lol.

birdman

Oh no, mine locked up during the download last night. Pray for me today when I try to install. :(

Celegus

That happened with Infamous 2, which was around 15gb. That was also when I was still on 768k DSL instead of 50mb cable.

I was not pleased.

BadWolf

Mine looked like it was still going strong this morning before I left for work.

Hopefully it will be done by the time I get back.

JeTmAn81

Guys, it's been 20 min since my Catherine download is stuck at 92%. I'm new to PS3, what should I do? Force shut it down?

I've had to hard power off when mine locked like that and didn't respond to any other commands. It always comes back fine. It typically will do a file system check before it fully starts up, then you can resume your download.

I've had to hard power off when mine locked like that and didn't respond to any other commands. It always comes back fine. It typically will do a file system check before it fully starts up, then you can resume your download.

Yeah actually I'm an idiot, I said "download" but I meant "install". And I'm kind of afraid of hard powering it off during an install.

---

Nevermind it just got unstuck! Half an hour on 92%, so great.

FDC1

3mn57 for the 100% between the 1st and last trophy. I could have done better, I got the 3 first trophies in 30s but I had troubles then with the left side home run. :)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Didn't know Back To The Future Episode 1 is free too.

Edit- now I see why it's free. One of the worst pieces of shit I have ever played lol.

bebop242

Ok so Hitman refuses to install for me. I get a 80029564 error code right at 14% all 3 times I tried to do it. Is there anything I can do besides redownloading the game again?

Ok so Hitman refuses to install for me. I get a 80029564 error code right at 14% all 3 times I tried to do it. Is there anything I can do besides redownloading the game again?
I think you have to boot up in safe mode and rebuild the database then restore the file system. I had to do that when I backed-up a 500gb drive.

Helscream

Banned
2 hours in and Hitman kinda sucks. Feels way different than the others, not in a good way.

Damnit. My download is about to finish. I've played all 4 Hitman titles except for Aboslution. I was afraid the gameplay would "change". Oh well at least it is free.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
3mn57 for the 100% between the 1st and last trophy. I could have done better, I got the 3 first trophies in 30s but I had troubles then with the left side home run. :)
I picked Jose Bautista and kept pulling everything to Left. It wasn't until I was at 9 outs that I hit one to Right then one to Center.

breakfuss

2 hours in and Hitman kinda sucks. Feels way different than the others, not in a good way.

Yea, i rented a while back and only got about 1/3 of the way through. Don't think I'll be d/l'g this from plus because it's such a divergence from the others. Not a bad game, just not what I'm looking for in a Hitman.

Zoggy

so sony picked up all of big eidos/squareenix games for plus (sleeping dogs, deus ex, hitman)

does that mean tomb raider will be next? maybe during december or sometime in 2014

randomkid

Best Buy is once again discounting PS+ cards. It's only for Rewards Zone Gamers Club members, but it is free to join.

Either through a coupon found on myrz.com and using it in-store, or linking your RZ account to your bestbuy.com account and buying it online, you can get either 3-month PS+ card for $12.99 or 12-month PS+ cards for $39.99. The offer ends on August 17.

On top of that, PSN cards are also discounted for RZ members on bestbuy.com
Link to offer page
Prices are $10 card for $9.50, $20 card for $18.50, and $50 card for $45.

Couple questions if anyone happens to know.

1) Is this card a single 3 month code or three 1 month codes? Last time I bought 3 months off someone from ebay it was three 1 month codes, which is my preference.

2) Any way to find out when the code expires? I found out the hard way that these things have expiration dates when one of my 1 month codes wouldn't work half a year later.

NHale

I just read in a forum that EU+ is getting Metro Last Night next month? Is it true? Plz tell me it is.

A little early for that. Wasn't that game released in May? They are still releasing new DLC (with more to come) so I would say the chances of that happening are slim.

DmC is my bet for Game of the Month in September.

so sony picked up all of big eidos/squareenix games for plus (sleeping dogs, deus ex, hitman)

does that mean tomb raider will be next? maybe during december or sometime in 2014

Very likely. One of the guys in charge of the EU Blog even mentioned it in one of the comments when the game was on sale.

IRC he said he was almost 100% sure Tomb Raider would not be a IGC game this year, which means they already made a deal with SE or are in the process of doing one.

MadOnion

Neo Member
Red Dead Redemption is FREE by a mistake in Russian store for PS+ subscribers right now, so check your Euro PS Stores too!

Top Bottom