• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

boohowc

Banned
how does sony make money off plus with all the freebies they going away? don't they have to pay the developers even if its just a "rental"?

reminder

Red Dead Redemption is FREE by a mistake in Russian store for PS+ subscribers right now, so check your Euro PS Stores too!

Nope, in germany it's still 29,99€ with the full game trial available for free for PS+ subscribers.

Not that i'm complaining, since i already own the game on disc and it was also available in european IGC before.

Zoggy

how does sony make money off plus with all the freebies they going away? don't they have to pay the developers even if its just a "rental"?
because shut up. :p

i'm fairly sure its a profitable business model however they work it out, because they keep ramping it up with more and more recent games.

just enjoy the games, frankly it doesn't matter to me if sony makes money off it

RangerX

Banned
I have the old 60gb model and i have to delete a game every time i when to try a new one :(
I can't even download uncharted 3 as thats 38 gbs.

boohowc

Banned
because shut up. :p

i'm fairly sure its a profitable business model however they work it out, because they keep ramping it up with more and more recent games.

just enjoy the games, frankly it doesn't matter to me if sony makes money off it

lol...well i'm just curious. there is rarely anything done out of the goodness of a corporations heart

Is there a way to play Uncharted 3 without downloading the full 40gb pack?

I downloaded the single player experience and 2D movies and its all just "additional dlc content" according to my ps3 (in the game data folder). Do I need to download the 3d movies as well (I assumed that was for 3d tvs)?

libregkd

I downloaded the single player experience and 2D movies and its all just "additional dlc content" according to my ps3 (in the game data folder). Do I need to download the 3d movies as well (I assumed that was for 3d tvs)?
If I remember right, you also need to download the Multiplayer component.

whitehawk

Banned

So I need to get the full 40gb pack? :(
I'm pretty sure you can just skip the 3D (or 2D) movie files and the language packs you don't need. Should save you 10+ GB.

No, the F2P multiplayer is a 4GB download. Then you need the single player add-on (around 10GB) and either 2D or 3D movies add-on (around 10GB each).

I'm pretty sure you can just skip the 3D (or 2D) movie files and the language packs you don't need. Should save you 10+ GB.

Thanks! I am downloading the F2P portion as I type this. I am looking forward to replaying U3 after completing tLoU. I remember I enjoyed the game but I may have rushed through it as I only had a couple days to beat it (rental). I have much more respect for Naughty Dog after tLoU.

NHale

Apparently not every publisher receives money from Sony because they actually gain exposure for sequels and selling DLC by being a IGC game.

I heard some indies saying that they indeed received monetary compensation for being a IGC game.

Alebrije

I got PLUS 2 months ago , during that time downloaded Battlefield 3 , Deus Ex , Machinarium , Cave. My PS3 melted yesterday ( thanks TLOU) so I got a new one today .

The problem is that I do not find where to get again those games , as far as I know you can download again games that you had no matter if they were removed from the plus/store.

So where can I find them? or I am wrong and those games were lost in the oblivion and will never get them again : (

glaurung

I got PLUS 2 months ago , during that time downloaded Battlefield 3 , Deus Ex , Machinarium , Cave. My PS3 melted yesterday ( thanks TLOU) so I got a new one today .

The problem is that I do not find where to get again those games , as far as I know you can download again games that you had no matter if they were removed from the plus/store.

So where can I find them? or I am wrong and those games were lost in the oblivion and will never get them again : (
Scroll to the PSN icon on XMB, select Account Management.

Locate Download List - this thing contains everything you have ever downloaded, be it a purchase or a demo. Each item also includes a download button.

Blatantly stolen from here: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/store/purchasehistory.html

winstano

If you go into the store there should be an option that says "Downloads". Click that and you'll have a full list of everything you've previously purchased that you can download for free.

Donos

Use the webstore.There is a downloadlist with all your PS+ stuff (and normal PSN gameS) where you can select it for automatic download.

NHale

I like PS+ but When Vikings Attack! is a mediocre game at best. It's fun for about 15 minutes because the game is boringly repetitive (my patience ended in level 11). One of the worst free games ever given on PS+.

And if anything it leads me to never buy a Clever Beans game.

khaaan

I pre-ordered Ducktales through the webstore but I just hopped on the store through the PS3 itself and when I went to the Ducktales page it wasn't showing as purchased but when I checked on the webstore again it shows it as purchased. Is this normal?

Massa

I like PS+ but When Vikings Attack! is a mediocre game at best. It's fun for about 15 minutes because the game is boringly repetitive (my patience ended in level 11). One of the worst free games ever given on PS+.

It's primarily a multiplayer game, and it's great fun with friends. Seems silly to write off the developer entirely based on that.

Jabba

Banned
I have the old 60gb model and i have to delete a game every time i when to try a new one :(
I can't even download uncharted 3 as thats 38 gbs.

I've got a 60 also. UC3 will dl and install on it if you have room. You don't need the 40gb pack. I think you need, the multiplayer, 2 or 3d movies(not both) and the single player. Oh and the launguage you will play the game in.

The game fit on mine.

wilflare

Is it on US PS+? Been wanting to try it :/

Tizoc

It's primarily a multiplayer game, and it's great fun with friends. Seems silly to write off the developer entirely based on that.

IIRC, PSNStores gave it a good score. It does seem like a fun multiplayer to me too.

Bit.Trip Ruuner2 is this week right? Gonna make a 'GAF plays' thread for it, just to get you guys to play it ;) Trust me, if you like 2D Platformers, chances are you will love this game, don't let it being an Auto-Runner (or whatever the term is) turn you off, the gameplay can be challenging especially if you're aiming to get a high score, plus it's not THAT frustrating since it's all about memorization (like in many other Platformers).
Also the music is fantastic.

Yawnier

Banned
IIRC, PSNStores gave it a good score. It does seem like a fun multiplayer to me too.

Bit.Trip Ruuner2 is this week right? Gonna make a 'GAF plays' thread for it, just to get you guys to play it ;) Trust me, if you like 2D Platformers, chances are you will love this game, don't let it being an Auto-Runner (or whatever the term is) turn you off, the gameplay can be challenging especially if you're aiming to get a high score, plus it's not THAT frustrating since it's all about memorization (like in many other Platformers).
Also the music is fantastic.

This is the PS+ game I'm looking forward to the most this month, so I'm hoping it's half decent.

I have a question, you all remember that deal back in March where you bought PS+ for a year or spent 50 bucks in general with PSN and received 10 bucks in April? Well I still have yet to receive my 10 bucks, do I need to contact Sony about this?

.la1n

I have a question, you all remember that deal back in March where you bought PS+ for a year or spent 50 bucks in general with PSN and received 10 bucks in April? Well I still have yet to receive my 10 bucks, do I need to contact Sony about this?

Yes, and may the gods be with you. Sony customer service has been a huge pain to deal with every time I've had an issue with PSN purchases or credits.

BadWolf

Ended up deleting Hitman.

- Gameplay felt too limited and scripted
- Disguise system didn't seem to work well
- Wasn't feeling the characters or story

Got that "Play Need for Speed™ Most Wanted for free!" email from Sony with the 30 day Plus trial. I decided to give it a go, turns out the code is actually for a 90 day trial!
Dunno if it's just an Ireland / UK thing but might be worth checking out.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got that "Play Need for Speed™ Most Wanted for free!" email from Sony with the 30 day Plus trial. I decided to give it a go, turns out the code is actually for a 90 day trial!
Dunno if it's just an Ireland / UK thing but might be worth checking out.

It's a 30 day trial of the 90 day offering, if you don't cancel auto-renew, you will get charged

They always do that

They offer you 30 days free of charge, then if you keep PS+ active you will be charged for 3 month aka 90 days

You do not get 90 days, go look @ when you game expires

If they expire in September, you only had 30 days, if November, then you got lucky and have 90 days...

Sorry for being the debbie downer if I'm right

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When these games are replaced at the end of the month do you get to keep the games you downloaded or are they no longer playable?

As long as you are subscribe to PS+, all games are active

Ones you DL'ed to your Download List

If you let it run out, all games on HDD will stop working, some will go back to demo form
All PS+ items will disappear from your list, resubscribe, viola, everything is back and all PS+ items are pushed to the top of the list

vdlow

I think you should've contacted them in April, so, sure, give'em a call and tell how you feel.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

My exact feeling... can't believe I deleted other shit to fit it on my HDD and waited for 17 gigs to DL for such a crappy Hitman game.

Kiraly

Everytime I download Most Wanted it fails to install and only gives me corrupted data?

Problem on PSN side or my side?

bebop242

Everytime I download Most Wanted it fails to install and only gives me corrupted data?

Problem on PSN side or my side?

did it stop at 14%? i had the same problem with Hitman. The file did not download correctly. i was able to get it to work by reseting the modem and redownloading the game (did not do the background download). At 14%, it verifies the file so if there was a hiccup during the download process it will fail the install.

Celegus

That's disappointing. I haven't tried it yet (just got Metal Gear Rising which is faaaaantastic). It's so strange hearing that the disguise system is broken, since I've always heard that was one of the best things about the previous games, and sounded fun.

That's disappointing. I haven't tried it yet (just got Metal Gear Rising which is faaaaantastic). It's so strange hearing that the disguise system is broken, since I've always heard that was one of the best things about the previous games, and sounded fun.

It's broken as fuck, and forces you to play it like a normal stealth game, rolling between cover and shit, rather than as a Hitman game, which is hiding in plain sight.

.la1n

Yeah it's really quite bad. I played past the little China level and lost motivation to continue.

Top Bottom