• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Hasney

Meanwhile, Fred Dutton has gone all radio silence since the 27th of February. Who else is starting to believe he just took the bag of PS+ money intended for the devs and ran with it?

Image of Fred Dutton earlier today:

stock-photo-thief-illustration-of-a-burglar-running-away-with-his-swag-and-ill-gotten-gains-155331440.jpg

That's what Sony get for trusting Social Media people with the delivery of cash!!

sense

Not that this isn't a complete shitshow on Sony's part (And they deserve all the shit they get for it), but this thread is getting really annoying to read through for those of us just occasionally dropping in to see if there have been any actual updates on this situation yet.
Shit show!!! Lmao

The age of Sony is done for not letting us know early what we get later today!

Mario007

Shit show!!! Lmao

The age of Sony is done for not letting us know early what we get later today!

It's a PR nightmare that they made for themselves due to the "not today, maybe tomorrow" posts. Would have been much easier if the communication was a bit better from Sony's side.

It's a PR nightmare that they made for themselves due to the "not today, maybe tomorrow" posts. Would have been much easier if the communication was a bit better from Sony's side.
PR Nightmare?

Holy shit you guys have gone off the deep end in here.

It is an announcement.

TM94

EVERYTHING SEEMED TO BE SET to erect the arch of victory for the Sonys.

will anyone get this reference I wonder

FDC1

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 15 min
@SoaneSahraoui Vous le saurez très rapidement :)
You'll know it very soon :)

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 17 min
@Malpat76000 Bonjour, les jeux seront annoncés durant l'après-midi :)
Hi, games will be announced this afternoon :)

How does it work? Same 4 questions for everyone? Feel like I'm at a disadvantage for going media blackout on the game but I wouldn't mind that prize!

Last time they've done it it's been the same 4 questions for everyone. But of course you have people setting up macros etc. to do it at lightning speed so they'll win. I wish it was a raffle or something because I just don't have the time to mess with that stuff.

EDIT: Seems to be different questions for each go this time, but still. Irritating. :(

Mario007

PR Nightmare?

Holy shit you guys have gone off the deep end in here.

It is an announcement.

It's a service that is being paid for with clearly defined conditions (one of which was that the announcement would come in the week beforehand). This isn't some free stuff sony is being generous to give out, this is a paid service and should be treated as such.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
It's a service that is being paid for with clearly defined conditions (one of which was that the announcement would come in the week beforehand). This isn't some free stuff sony is being generous to give out, this is a paid service and should be treated as such.

The suffering is real.

Cisab

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 15 min

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 17 min

They said this yesterday too.. Come on Sony

Hasney

They should just announce that they'll stop announcing them and just shove them up when they're ready. Would be much better.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
It's nice to know what's coming, but as long as the games show up on time I'm good. Looking forward to seeing what we get this month.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm surprised how eager you guys are for the IGC and it feels like you care less about what's this month's IGC and more about Sony keepin their end of the bargain.

Relax. You're still getting your games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 15 min

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 17 min
As i have already said in the PSN thread imo SCEE is waiting SCEA to decide so they can just copy/paste :p

Liamc723

And you think the majority of subscribers watch the PlayStation Blog like a hawk waiting for the announcement of this month's games? Give me a break.

sense

Please show me in the terms and conditions where it says they have to announce it a week early? Yes they may have mentioned in the blog about planning to give an update a week ahead of time. Some of you take this way too seriously. If we don't get the games today then there is something to complain about. Maybe it is a surprise!
knack

That entitlement! Announcements posted on a blog are not part of what you're paying for with your PS+ subscription. It's merely a courtesy that they announce the games on there early.

Don't worry, you'll still get your free games, kiddo.

Auctopus

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 15 min

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 17 min

Whatever the outcome, this thread is about to reach a new level.

an announcement the week before is not a clearly defined condition. bad PR/customer service move by not announcing them? sure. a violation of the agreement between psplus subscriber and subscribee? nah

SeanR1221

This isn't close to a PR nightmare. No one should have lost sleep over this. It's not like they threw their hands up and said "sorry we got nothing for March"

Having to wait for the announcement until the day of is the equivalent problem to like...you don't know what your aunt is getting you for Christmas until the day of.

PR nightmare for the aunt, right!?

FDC1

Except it has never been one. It's just an habit, Sony never stated an official date for announcements

mclem

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 15 min

PlayStation France
@PlayStationFR 17 min

"La semaine prochaine ... dans le magazin jeux."

Tuffty

Let's chill out and put this into perspective a bit. There's no difference between being told about the games last week, or being told today, you'll still get your free 7/10 rated game released at the same scheduled day regardless. Shouldn't matter when it is announced.

Percy

Banned
I just got a PS4 PS+ ad sponsored link show up on a wrestling site I was browsing showing Valiant Hearts and Oddworld.

Top Bottom