• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Killzone isn't even more expensive than the indie games often offered either; CEX have it for £10 online and I've seen it for even less. I got it free due to, IIRC, a pricing error on PSN. It was dreadfully dull, though, so I deleted it before long.

Wil348

If it's true, for the first time ms games with gold will be better than ps+.

To be honest, while Rayman Legends is fun, it's also kind of boring in my opinion. I also already own it on Wii U (the best version). I'm more interested in Oddworld.

Technically Valiant Hearts could be counted as AAA since it's published by Ubisoft, it just wasn't released physically.

Bumhead

Banned
Where do I talk about price?
You think Killzone is shit. It's not Imo.

You talk about price by defining what you want your games to be based on AAA or Indie status.

Games are games. You want good games, not games defined by their development and/or marketing budget.

Killzone isn't even more expensive than the indie games often offered either; CEX have it for £10 online and I've seen it for even less. I got it free due to, IIRC, a pricing error on PSN. It was dreadfully dull, though, so I deleted it before long.

I bought it for £10.

Regret is a terrible thing.

Carl

Have you ever had a dream, Carl, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Guys, I heard Super Mario Galaxy 3 is one of March's PS+ games.

You scare me sometimes

Azdoune

You talk about price by defining what you want your games to be based on AAA or Indie status.

Games are games. You want good games, not games defined by their development and/or marketing budget.

So if I understand well, your expectations are same between an indie and AAA game?

KeRaSh

What's with all the Rayman talk? Now I'll be disappointed if it's not Rayman... :(
Loved it on the PS3 and wouldn't mind playing it again on the PS4. Valiant Hearts would also be great.

eFKac

What's with all the Rayman talk? Now I'll be disappointed if it's not Rayman... :(
Loved it on the PS3 and wouldn't mind playing it again on the PS4. Valiant Hearts would also be great.

Lol it's not Rayman 100% (Fred Dutton indirectly confirmed)

Bumhead

Banned
So if I understand well, your expectations are same between an indie and AAA game?

My expectations are for nothing more than a good game that I'll enjoy.

Some of my favourite games of all time have come from the resurgence of indie games in the last 4 or 5 years. I've also played lots of pretty poor indie games. Exacty the same goes for the AAA space.

Defining what you want by those two labels is becoming increasingly vague and, quite frankly, stupid. Your primary concern should be that the two PS4 games we get are good games, not that they're AAA or indie.

There are a number of AAA games that are approaching ripe candidate status for Plus that I've got absolutely no interest in. I'm dreading the month we get Thief or Watch Dogs.

Human_me

Have you ever heard someone saying they bought console X over Y because X's monthly games were better than Y's?

No but if there is one thing the internet likes to do, its moan.

So if one service is offering a better selection, the other side start to moan about their service.
At the end of the day, companies don't like being beaten on the opposite side.

Hanmik

here is my new guess..

- Crimsonland
- Helldivers
- La Mulana EX
- OlliOlli2
- Shiftlings
- White Knight
- Zombie Army Trilogy
- Oreshika tainted Bloodlines.
- Aces of the air..

subtract one or two games..

N30RYU

Already got both Valiant Hearts and Oddworld. Would be both amazing games for PS+ this month, but being Oddworld cross-buy and yet to release on PS3 and Vita, I don't know what!s the deal with sony but JAW should could still get more money with it.

Certinty

Given I don't even play 90% of the indie games given for longer than 10 minutes I am prepared to be very disappointed once again.

Saying that OlliOlli2 is one of the only indie games I want as the first was awesome.

Guys, I think I figured it out. Sony is about to announce a merger with Nintendo and as a surprise gift to gamers, they are releasing all of the NES, SNES and N64 games catalog on PS+. Surely it's taking a while to port some games (StarFox, F-zero and others I can't think of), which is why it's taking so long for the announcement.

Sony doesn't know. They can't keep any secrets this long so the only viable explanation is that they don't know until the very last moment.

MMaRsu

Some people just want great games they can enjoy, wether that title is independantly published or published by a big company doesn't make a difference if it's a good game or not.

Xbox One - Rayman Legends and #IDARB

Xbox 360 - Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite

That's a more than decent Xbone selection.

Had those 360 games on EU PS+ nearly a year ago.

Agent and Last Guardian still on the cards.

giphy.gif

The explanation to me is that one fell through, and they've spent the rest of the month scrambling to put something together.

So... Ultimately they will fall back on Knack. :p

So what is OlliOlli2 PS Plus Edition going to be, anyway? Just the daily challenges maybe? Just the first ten levels? I wonder if it'll take the place of a "normal" game or if it'll be just an extra demo.

Hasney

All this Rayman talk has gotten that version of Black Betty stuck in my head.

The explanation to me is that one fell through, and they've spent the rest of the month scrambling to put something together.

So... Ultimately they will fall back on Knack. :p

Which will be a glorious time to be alive.

Top Bottom