• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Portugeezer

What better way to promote PS+ and encourage people to sign up? If not for free, I'd settle for a 50% PS+ discount. FC4 is £75 on the PStore - no way can I justify spending that much on a game. As for LBP3, Sackboy is Sony's mascot. They should be using him more to sell the PS brand.

Put PS4 online multiplayer behind a pay wall.

You expect these games too soon, maybe in 1 or 2 years.

Plenty of people subscribed to PS+ before the online paywall.

And I would have too. But "plenty" was nowhere near the 10 million PS+ subscribers it currently has.

TalonJH

I already own Oddworld and I've never heard of Valiant Hearts. I was hoping for either LittleBigPlanet 3 or, at a stretch, Far Cry 4. I'm a tad disappointed with these games if they actually are the titles we're getting. Just waiting on Sony to officially announce it now.

Wait, really? Think older games when in the AAA space. The next big AAA games on plus will probably be games that released closer to launch.

Auctopus

What better way to promote PS+ and encourage people to sign up? If not for free, I'd settle for a 50% PS+ discount. FC4 is £75 on the PStore - no way can I justify spending that much on a game. As for LBP3, Sackboy is Sony's mascot. They should be using him more to sell the PS brand.

What's wrong with you? Your expectations for this service are out of whack and now you're lying... (Ignore the 'timed trial', this is the game)

screenshot2015-03-03amaj60.png

People are encouraged to sign up by wanting to play their games online.

Symphonia

Banned
Free games dont drive plus. The online paywall does and Sony knows it.
People were subscribing to PS+ before the paywall came along. The addition of free games was the incentive to subscribe. And again, I'm not necessarily asking for them to be free, just discounted.

screenshot2015-03-03amaj60.png

People are encouraged to sign up by wanting to play their games online.
I did a search earlier and could only find it for £74.99.

Is there a reason the press hasn't picked up on this? This whole situation feels like something Greg/Colin would have jumped on back in their IGN days.

Or is the press just more patient than we are?

It's that, isn't it?

Because it's not some big deal many of you are making it out to be, it's not some conspiracy, it's not intriguing, it's not a story...

. What the hell are they going to report??? "Sony hasn't revealed PS Plus Games before you can even download them, users are angry they cannot complain about the games before they are available on the store...""???

BumRush

What has happened more often: someone asking if the games have been announced yet or someone trying to make a clever pun based on the thread title?

Or you could spend the money and support the devs of the games you like anyways.

If it's not the PS Plus game, I'll absolutely be buying it.

Don't forget that developers get money for being on PS Plus as well. I also raved about OlliOlli to every Vita owner I know and will likely do the same with OlliOlli 2 judging by reviews and the gameplay I've watched.

There's lots of ways to support developers you love :)

I got no quarrel with lbp3 he should be there as you say pushing the sales and brand...
but fc4? Man..

Why does Sony need a mascot... such an antiquated line of thinking, IMO.

Also, why would Ubisoft make a deal like that when they are doing just fine without it?

My guess is both MS and Sony had Rayman Legends as a free game but when Sony saw MS had it as well they have been rushing to find a replacement.

Valiant Hearts works for me I guess since I already have Legends.

Shame we have that trademark shitty Sony communication not giving a basic ETA on the announcement though,

Cornbread78

It'll probably be in the second half of 2015. We won't have an official release date until the game is done & has been approved by Sony. I'll be sure to let people know when the game is playable from start to finish though.

Good deal, I know a bunch here are keeping an eye out for it to support one of our own, ya know, lol. Oh, well, plus the fact that it is a throw-back jrpg, but ya know, details and all that...

Megatron

Plenty of people subscribed to PS+ before the online paywall.

People were subscribing to PS+ before the paywall came along. The addition of free games was the incentive to subscribe. And again, I'm not necessarily asking for them to be free, just discounted.

I did a search earlier and could only find it for £74.99.

Before the online paywall Sony didnt have a lot of subscribers.

Remember gamestop said that during the ps4's first week they sold 1/3 of the total PS plus subs they had sold in the three years prior to that combined. I was a plus subscriber too, but it's much bigger now than it was then.

Scotch

People were subscribing to PS+ before the paywall came along. The addition of free games was the incentive to subscribe.
Yes, it was. And then they introduced the paywall. The free games were Sony's trojan horse. And going by the lack of public outcry when they announced the paywall, I say it worked pretty well for them.

Rayman Legends was just in their Flash Sale a couple of weeks ago so it wouldn't be a March freebie

as a vita owner during 2014 all i have to say is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

sony gives no fucks about slashing the price of a game and then making it a Plus title anymore. those days have long passed.

Deft Beck

Valiant Hearts would be sweet, assuming that it's a) cross buy, and b) the whole game, not just the first episode.

a.) I don't think any version of the game is cross-buy.
b.) I don't think the episodic model is available on PSN. That seems to be iOS only.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yes, it was. And then they introduced the paywall. The free games were Sony's trojan horse. And going by the lack of outcry when they announced the paywall, I say it worked pretty well for them.
I fucking hate the way they used the DRM thing to mask that announcement at E3. People should ha e been rioting but they were so happy about no DRM that they didn't notice.

Neither of them are Far Cry 4 or LBP3, though. I'm just going to drop out because, apparently, having an opinion or wanting certain things is frowned upon.
These aren't PS Plus titles. Wanting certain things isn't bad. But you shouldn't be surprised when your outlandish wishes aren't granted.

Top Bottom