• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

_woLf

It's weird when Xbox Live Gold free games are more enticing than PS Plus games.

Someday we will get another retail game that isn't a fighting game.

when do us games go up? or should go up?
i really know what happened if all we get is Abe and that Ubi game.
i still think something fell trough, maybe they had Hellraisers planned but decided against it and had to beg devs to get them an alternative.

They really never did "full retail" titles. They did retail titles that dropped to a price point that made them reasonable to give them away. Now they give away digital games that are near those same price points because those never really drop.

In terms of value I don't think PS+ has changed that much. It's still 6 games a month for about $4 a month if you paid full price for a year sub.

What exactly were you expecting? Did you really expect Plus to feature AAA games for a brand new console?

The launch titles are pretty cheap now in a lot of stores.

And no, not for a brand new system. It's been out nearly a year and a half. Drop the sarcasm, smart ass.

MUnited83

For you.
Why are so many people shitting the bed? PS+ has been going down the pan since they did a 'Live' and forced people to pay for online. They know people will pay for this no matter what they offer. PS4 has been out for well over a year yet the only 'full retail' title we've had on PS+ has been Injustice. Infamous wasn't really a full on game.

I'm not suriprised in the slightest that they're treating PS+ like this now. They've got the numbers they were forcasting, job done. No need to deliver the big guns (or even announce anything by the look of it).
PS+ on the PS3 started with PS1 games and PSMinis and it just that for a while.
PS Vita took like a year to get any plus games at all.

Drop the bullshit.

There are no new PS+ games this week, unfortunately, but don't worry! This just means you can download excellent titles such as Transistor (PS4) and Yakuza™ 4 (PS3) for another week.

With February being a short month, we're sure you'll appreciate the extra time to download these future classics!

Ugh

The launch titles are pretty cheap now in a lot of stores.

And no, not for a brand new system. It's been out nearly a year and a half. Drop the sarcasm, smart ass.
The system has been out a year and a half. The retail games the guy was wanting aren't even four months old. Expecting to get those is just downright delusional.
American football or English football?
He's bloody Ribery, so I'd hope English football.

Mikey Jr.

when do us games go up? or should go up?
i really know what happened if all we get is Abe and that Ubi game.
i still think something fell trough, maybe they had Hellraisers planned but decided against it and had to beg devs to get them an alternative.

Sony has plenty of first party games they could give away if worse comes to worst.

-Killzone
-Knack
-Infamous
-MLB 14 (though this would probably have to be paired with something else)
-LPB 3
-TLOU

So they have enough to use.

Don't know how many times I refreshed this thread on my iPhone's browser today. Did just read silently and enjoy. Finally home I gotta say, this thread made my day.

Especially the Saul-related posts (maybe even more the following posts made by those trying to figure out the background of those Saul-related posts).

SURGEdude

Please don't be Oddworld. Bought the game a few months back on a recommendation and it sucks in my opinion. Also the art and aesthetic is really really ugly.

PS+ on the PS3 started with PS1 games and PSMinis and it just that for a while.
PS Vita took like a year to get any plus games at all.
Drop the bullshit.

Vita PS+ was really good to begin with when it did get started (about 9 months after system launch). Gravity Rush, Uncharted: GA, Wipeout 2048, JSR, followed shortly thereafter with Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus & Disgaea 3.

Kssio_Aug

Two games Plus got ages ago and Rayman. On what planet is the PS Plus lineup of 6 games not likely to obliterate it?

Its not exactly a fair comparison. GwG doesnt give portable games cause MS doesnt have one.

Also, most of PS4 offers were pretty damn weak. I prefer Super Time Force and Rayman Legends more then almost any PS4 PS Plus game offer (except for Resogun). So I think that besides being a 2x1 competition GwG usually endure pretty well.

robotnik

Next countdown! Believe!
t1425407400z2.png
Not enough believe! Next, please :)

UV-6

Some of you are an impatient bunch. :p

Hope they let us know what the hold up was. Would love to know what goes on in the background.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Its not exactly a fair comparison. GwG doesnt give portable games cause MS doesnt have one.

Also, most of PS4 offers were pretty damn weak. I prefer Super Time Force and Rayman Legends more then almost any PS4 PS Plus game offer (except for Resogun). So I think that besides being a 2x1 competition GwG usually endure pretty well.

Rayman Legends is better than everything that was on PS+ for PS4.

Top Bottom