• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

What a crazy start for March. Downloaded all 4 games earlier. Not only that but I purchased Helldivers as well...AND I've been extremely busy with Resogun.

I'm not ready for the rest of the month :(

Sweet, finally get to play Valiant Hearts. Been wanting to try it, but just never bit.

I enjoyed Oddworld as q kid, but I still suck at it. OlliOlli 2 is a nice surprise, but I just bought the first so I'm going to spend time with that.

Played a bit of Counterspy. Now that's some fun right there.

Still has to make you wonder why they didn't announce the games earlier. Maybe we were supposed to be getting something different and Sony and the game's publisher couldn't settle on the terms (especially if there really was rumored changes to the TOS.

What could have that game (if any) have been? Guess we'll never know.

My thought was La mulana. The original blog entry had no price and only today did they add the price on the blog.

cashman

Banned
Are the games available for this month only? Or do they leave them on for a couple months and take them down like they used to do?

Are the games available for this month only? Or do they leave them on for a couple months and take them down like they used to do?

Only available this month. Instant game collection is dead [i.e. core titles being in PS+ for long stretches of time is dead, now we get more games a month instead]

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Another great month. I love PS+, even with the the weird delays.

Skux

Awesome, I was thinking of picking up Valiant Harts when it was on sale, now I don't even need to buy games anymore lol

Apathy

Something is off with me loving OlliOlli 2 as I did witht he original. Maybe I played too much OlliOlli too recently but for some reason I just don't like the visuals in 2 as much as the original.

Are you serious ?

The PS3 and Vita versions are not available yet, but when they will be it will be free...

Sure about that?

E9CKlMy.png

Just saw the multiple tweets in which they say "no crossbuy for the PS+ version". Not good, definitely not good.

It's just stupid. BoI went the other way and made the Plus version specifically cross-buy when the normal one is not, and I don't think it hurt them. I doubt many people who got the game on Plus will buy the Vita version anyway.

Quentyn

Honestly, if they go that route they should at least mention it in the blog post and the store page. It still says it's a cross-buy game on the store.

Honestly, if they go that route they should at least mention it in the blog post and the store page. It still says it's a cross-buy game on the store.

Also says so on their website here

We’d also like to reconfirm that Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty will be released in the SCEE regions (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia, India, Australia and New Zealand) on July 23rd as a digital download from the PSN Store. It’s Cross Buy – so grabbing the game early on PS4 will also mean you get the bonuses when the PS3 and PS Vita versions release.

VLiberty

The problem is not taking back crossbuy at all, the problem is taking back crossbuy for the PS+ version.

And that's probably even worse, as you would be giving on PS+ a game without all of its basic functions.

It's just stupid. BoI went the other way and made the Plus version specifically cross-buy when the normal one is not, and I don't think it hurt them. I doubt many people who got the game on Plus will buy the Vita version anyway.

This. In fact, I won't, despite being mainly interested in the Vita version. I don't even have a PS4.

Actually they clarified

asd5py4j.png

This would mean the PS+ version of Oddworld on PS4 would be a separate entity to the paid version, otherwise the licence would unlock the PS3/Vita versions once they launch in the bundle.

This won't end well for them I expect.
this-is-bullshit-o.gif

It always baffles me that publishers/developers think (a majority) of people will be buying multiple copies of their games.
This just means I won't be playing it on the VITA (which is a shame).

VLiberty

Another bad thing is that it would set a precedent. Up until now, there hasn't been any case of crossbuy games not being crossbuy if 'bought' with PS+. The only vaguely similar case is GOW as you need to buy GOW 2(which costs as much as the entire collection) to enable crossbuy, but that's just a loophole.

Actually they clarified

asd5py4j.png

This would mean the PS+ version of Oddworld on PS4 would be a separate entity to the paid version, otherwise the licence would unlock the PS3/Vita versions once they launch in the bundle.

This won't end well for them I expect.

Yeah this is the problem. It's possible to have different versions on the store but as far as I can tell the Plus version is the same that everyone else gets. I wonder if they thought this through

delSai

Well damn. This is a pretty amazing line up of Games. Would've loved Lego Marvel, but Oddworld and the other stuff easily make up for it. Can't wait to give those games a try - maybe i'll actually finish Oddworld this time.

This may also have been part of the hold up for the month.

Oddworld might have told Sony there is no way they are giving the PS3/Vita version away for free and had to negotiate this position.

Is the version on the US PSN any different to the regular paid version? Is there 2 listings?

El_Cinefilo

Well it not being cross-buy sucks but you can't really blame them. The vita/PS3 versions aren't out yet, It would be a bit of a slap in the face to the people who bought them months ago to give them away for free before they're given what they have paid for.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I feel a bit less bad about buying the game now, so there's that.

But yeah this is complete bullshit. They should be getting major heat for his. I hope some news sites pick it up.

Eusis

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if either the guy running the Twitter misunderstood, or the system straight up does not allow that distinction how matter how much they want it otherwise.

Top Bottom