• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Necro900

Good game everyone. See you at the end of this month!

Oh and.. the PS+ section of the EU store still bears the old games, but I see the new ones as free if I search for them individually. I can already download them, right?
Still no OlliOlli2 though.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Is OlliOlli2 coming up for PS3 as well for anyone?

XxSn91t.png

Nyx

Good game everyone. See you at the end of this month!

Oh and.. the PS+ section of the EU store still bears the old games, but I see the new ones as free if I search for them individually. I can already download them, right?
Still no OlliOlli2 though.

OlliOlli2 is there

Osahi

I feel a bit less bad about buying the game now, so there's that.

But yeah this is complete bullshit. They should be getting major heat for his. I hope some news sites pick it up.

Why? They give you a freakin free game with your sub, and you are complaining they did not add an extra version on top?

It's not as if you did not get your promised two ps vita or ps3 games this month (which you are entitled to)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Why? They give you a freakin free game with your sub , and you are complaining they did not add an extra version on top?

It's not as if you did not get your promised two ps vita or ps3 games this month (which you are entitled to)

They aren't giving you anything for free.

Osahi

Not this again. -_-

I said 'with your sub' especially to avoid this semantic nonsense which has bothing to do with the discussion.

The entitlement you have with your sub is: 2 games for each of the three platforms each month. That's exactly what you get in march. Complaining you don't get an extra version is just acting like an entitled brat imho.

Does this discussion need to happen every time? I absolutely view the games I get from Plus as "free". The cost of Plus is something I pay (at most) once a year and that's that. Neither view is wrong. It's a matter of perception.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Not this again. -_-

I said 'with your sub' especially to avoid this semantic nonsense which has bothing to do with the discussion.

The entitlement you have with your sub is: 2 games for each of the three platforms each month. That's exactly what you get in march. Complaining you don't get an extra version is just acting like an entitled brat imho.

Does this discussion need to happen every time? I absolutely view the games I get from Plus as "free". The cost of Plus is something I pay (at most) once a year and that's that. Neither view is wrong. It's a matter of perception.

So don't use the words "giving" or "free" when it's tied to a required paid subscription to play and be able to keep playing them. Nothing to do about semantics, it's just about mislabeling what the service is about. Especially when you are talking about people who are questioning the service they pay for.

piccolo85

I LOVE this month!

7 new games and only 16,79€ at the checkout (bought Helldivers). Three of the PS4 games are games I almost bougt countless times but never quite did, I couldn't be happier! I don't really care for the two PS3 games. But otherwise that would have been overkill!

skynidas

Banned
So don't use the words "giving" or "free" when it's tied to a required paid subscription to play and be able to keep playing them. Nothing to do about semantics, it's just about mislabeling what the service is about. Especially when you are talking about people who are questioning the service they pay for.

i'm pretty sure that he can use whatever words he wants

AngryMoth

Ok then, Olioli, Counterspy and Valiant Hearts on download.

First time using my new PS4 and gotta say I'm not sure about these download speeds! I was always bemused about the complaints on PS3 since I never had any issues but I'm getting about 200kb/s right now vs my typical 900kb/s...

You got what you paid for though, either way.

Guess people just want more and more.

Siegmeyer

First time using my new PS4 and gotta say I'm not sure about these download speeds! I was always bemused about the complaints on PS3 since I never had any issues but I'm getting about 200kb/s right now vs my typical 900kb/s...

Download speeds have been kind of erratic since a recent patch screwed with something.

I've got a 8MB/s connection (bytes, not bits), yet often the PS4 downloads at around 200KB/s. Then if you keep watching, it'll speed up to 6MB/s for a period, then back to 200KB/s, then back up again, and so on. It's frustrating, but what can you do?

Lyng

I was really hoping for Valiant Hearts so I am happy! The rest dont really interest me, other than Sherlock but that is unfortunately not PS4.

You got what you paid for though, either way.

Guess people just want more and more.

You get waaaay more than what you pay for. More than $1,300 worth of games last year.

The service is required to play online at all unless you're playing something like Final Fantasy XIV. Honestly, it's worth it anyway.

MMaRsu

My download speeds are also atrocious.

I have a 120MBit connection and my downloads are still slow as shit. It's wired directly to the router.

Any ideas?

Late Flag

Played a couple hours of Valiant Hearts last night. That is an amazing game, I recommend everyone checks it out.

Same here. I wasn't sure what to expect to from this one, but I've loved it so far. This sounds like a little thing, but my favorite aspect of the game is how every collectable is actually interesting and educational. Every time I see something to pick up, I look forward it to checking it out.

This is what I've always liked about Plus -- AAA games are nice, and I do hope we start seeing some with more regularity, but I also like how it showcases games that I never would have played otherwise. Valiant Hearts is one of those that I'm happy to have been introduced to.

Played a couple hours of Valiant Hearts last night. That is an amazing game, I recommend everyone checks it out.

Dude same it's great! Ive wanted to buy/play it for awhile now so I'm happy I finally get to enjoy the game.

Same here. I wasn't sure what to expect to from this one, but I've loved it so far. This sounds like a little thing, but my favorite aspect of the game is how every collectable is actually interesting and educational. Every time I see something to pick up, I look forward it to checking it out.

This is my favorite part of the game. I love reading those info panels everytime the storyline progresses

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Seems like deal of the week is The Last of Us Remastered. Great price.

Osahi

It IS semantics. You only discuss the meaning of free within a context. Free with your sub, or 'included with your sub'. It's all means the same. If you pay for the sub, you get free access to a monthly batch of games non-suscribers have to pay for.

And it is always used as an argument to bypass others or to act entitled. My point is: you get what you paid for, so there is no reason to be outraged for not getting an extra.

Jimrpg

this-is-bullshit-o.gif

It always baffles me that publishers/developers think (a majority) of people will be buying multiple copies of their games.
This just means I won't be playing it on the VITA (which is a shame).

It's probably so they can give out the vita/PS3 version on ps plus again and get some free money from Sony.

I mean I'm pretty sure they gave away an odd world game last year.

Jrmint

This is what I've always liked about Plus -- AAA games are nice, and I do hope we start seeing some with more regularity, but I also like how it showcases games that I never would have played otherwise. Valiant Hearts is one of those that I'm happy to have been introduced to.
I'm right with you! I love those collectibles!

WITHE1982

I was thinking the exact thing last night. I'm really going out of my way to collect EVERY collectible and read EVERY fact page. Not to get a pointless trophy, but because they add so much to the amazing story.

I just keep thinking "wow! People actually did these things".

Fantastic game.

Yes. I've played so many games thanks to Plus. Demon's Souls for example. Was very interested in it but I never got around to actually buy it. When it was on Plus I had no reason not to play it.

It's probably so they can give out the vita/PS3 version on ps plus again and get some free money from Sony.

I mean I'm pretty sure they gave away an odd world game last year.
Not last year iirc but they have done that. Gave Stranger's Wrath PS3 and then gave SW Vita down the line. It's annoying for sure but sometimes there are reasons they aren't crossbuy in the first place.

GoaThief

Download speeds have been kind of erratic since a recent patch screwed with something.

I've got a 8MB/s connection (bytes, not bits), yet often the PS4 downloads at around 200KB/s. Then if you keep watching, it'll speed up to 6MB/s for a period, then back to 200KB/s, then back up again, and so on. It's frustrating, but what can you do?
If you ever find out let me know!

I've found going into the settings and manually changing the DNS to the Open DNS servers (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) helped more than anything with it occurring less frequently. Google DNS did nothing, probably because they work differently. Putting console into standby can also increase the speeds.

You get waaaay more than what you pay for. More than $1,300 worth of games last year.

The service is required to play online at all unless you're playing something like Final Fantasy XIV. Honestly, it's worth it anyway.

I usually renew my psplus every year with a black friday deal for $30-40. You can easily make that money back just from discounts, let alone the free games, let alone the online play.

When I try to download Counterspy or LEGO Marvel Superheroes from my library I get an error saying "this product cannot be purchased at this time" but I already went through the checkout process with both.

Goldrusher

When I try to download Counterspy or LEGO Marvel Superheroes from my library I get an error saying "this product cannot be purchased at this time" but I already went through the checkout process with both.
Have you tried rebooting your PS4?

Did you buy them on PS4 or through the website? I always use my PC to buy/claim the games, but then the games show up in the Library with "buy buttons". I then have to reboot my PS4 to turn them into "download buttons".

AndyD

aka andydumi
That thread had no examples. My issue was that the guy made something up and posted it like it was true he had no examples, no links, nothing to back him up. I only remember one game getting mentioned when I read that thread - oh it was thief. I said the ps4 edition has a meta score below 70 but the ps3 version has no meta score so that is not technically a violation.

And its possible we have the number wrong but the policy is still true. Maybe the real number is 60. That's still way above Knack. I think its a really interesting thing to look at but some people get really mad about it when you bring it up.

Step down man, the list for all games and their scores is in the OP, was in the OP last month and you still stir crap up. Look at it yourself and you'll see a number of sub-70 games.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Have you tried rebooting your PS4?

Did you buy them on PS4 or through the website? I always use my PC to buy/claim the games, but then the games show up in the Library with "buy buttons". I then have to reboot my PS4 to turn them into "download buttons".

Bought them on the store from the console. I've tried restoring the licenses too which also ends in an error. I dunno. I'll keep messing around with it.

Top Bottom