• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

zulux21

For those that might have missed it:

http://imgur.com/Ywk0Bha.png[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I did miss it until someone just quoted you... and it makes me very happy that AC3 is EU only at this time (I wish the ps+ deal was worldwide but i have like 14 months left lol)

of courseI'm the type that is far happier with star wars pinball than i ever would be with AC3 lol. (which is why I hope AC3 never comes to NA plus... I'd rather see the plus money used on more interesting games (for me that means not AAA games that will be $10 during black friday) that aren't a sequel in a series.)

Hello there fellow gamers, i want some input as to what game to tackle next in my backlog, including PS Plus titles.

So i have recently completed ICO, and on my list i have Shadow of the Colossus, Batman Arkham Asylum, Spec Ops: The Line, Kingdoms of Amalur and Mafia 2.

Can anyone advise me on what to play next, i also recently completed Ni No Kuni so i'm not in the mood to play another long RPG, any advice would really help.

Skip Kingdoms of Amalur, it's long and very repetitive. The lore didn't do anything for me either, but ymmv. Since you've finished Ico recently, you could continue with SOTC. Batman is also great. Spec Ops is nothing special gameplay wise, but it does a few interesting things narratively, so it might be worthwile if you're into that. Haven't played Mafia II yet myself, so i can't comment on it.

bjaelke

Entering PS Plus this month:
28th August: Assassin’s Creed 3
28th August: The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
28th August: Stealth Inc: A Clone In The Dark
28th August: Urban Trial Freestyle
28th August: New Little King’s Story

Leaving PS Plus this month:
28th August: Need for Speed Most Wanted
28th August: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
28th August: Demon’s Souls
28th August: LEGO Lord of the Rings
28th August: When Vikings Attack

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-assassins-creed-iii-jak-daxter-trilogy-more/

Wow.... what an update for the EU PS+ for Sept

kiyomi

Fake edit ; looks like you guys beat me to the update.

It's an okay update. AC3 is meant to be trash, so I don't care for that. All I'm interested in, honestly, is New Little Kings Story. I'll try Jak and Daxter, I guess. The rest I can do without.

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfers.

I'm in for the two Vita games. I have the Jak & Daxter Trilogy for PS3 & Vita but the framerate on the Vita is not so good. AC3 was one of the rare games I could not get into because it's not interesting at all to me.

Is Stealth Inc not cross-play or something? Would be nice to play it on Vita but guess I will only get 2 out of the 5 games this month.

Aspiring

Wow.... what an update for the EU PS+ for Sept

Man as a new Vita owner and Plus subscriber I already have a backlog. Great service!

Actually I'm very happy about AC3.
Skipped Revelations because I'm burned out of the AC formula, but I was kinda hyped for AC3 before release due to the nature stuff. The backlash was big enough to convince me otherwise, but I was actually about to pick it up now (as it's 20€ cheap).

Now I can play it w/o fearing of wasting any money ;D

Oh and always wanted to try the J&D games, though IIRC the HD port is just really the basic level of what you would expect?

Wondering if I should extend my PS+ sub with the 15 months offering even further.
Can buy a 50€ PSN code on ebay for like 48,50€ to save some more peanuts.
Then it's 3,23€ per month.
Will anyway need PS+ for PS4 I guess (although I don't play much mp anymore...), I just don't like extending these services for so long in advance.

Fox1304

Wow, the Vita Line up is about the best I could hope.
A game i've always wanted ( NLKS ).
A game I nearly bought two weeks ago ( Trial ).
A game I was going to buy in a few days ( Stealth Inc ).
Homerun for me, more than happy.

Empty

i guess i'll try ac3. no-one seems to have a nice thing to say about it though and i'm not a huge ac fan, though i did enjoy 2. already have j&d.

stealth inc is great though. been eyeing that up since release. nlks is nice too.

Arthea

The real question is, should I delete some unfinished games form HDD for AC3! Is it really worth the effort?
So, Stealth Inc. is supposedly good?

KiNeSiS

Banned

Leaving PS Plus this month:
28th August: Need for Speed Most Wanted
28th August: ICO and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection
28th August: Demon’s Souls
28th August: LEGO Lord of the Rings
28th August: When Vikings Attack

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-assassins-creed-iii-jak-daxter-trilogy-more/

Good shit for the EU, I wonder what us American folk will get?

Tizoc

Holy shit! I was waitig for jak and daxter 1 to go on sale but getting it like this is great thanks based sonty!

khaaan

Anybody have an opinion of either New Little King's Story or Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz?

I read a few reviews for NLKS and it seems like most of the problems are technical. I can live with shoddy framerate and slowdowns as long as it's still relatively playable and the game itself is enjoyable. Another thing that I'm on the fence about is that EU is getting it via PS+ so it might just be better to wait.

I've never played a Monkey Ball game on the other hand and the complaints about the main portion of the game seem to be "It's more Monkey Ball" which shouldn't really be a problem for me. The Mini-games got a negative reception but I'm fine with those parts sucking.

Joni

I read a few reviews for NLKS and it seems like most of the problems are technical. I can live with shoddy framerate and slowdowns as long as it's still relatively playable and the game itself is enjoyable.
New Little King's Story is fun to play despite framerate issues. It is a quirky little game. Framerate can be bothersome but I haven't lost a single fight because of it.

Which two of these games do you think we can look forward to?

My guess is Guacamelee and AC:Liberation.

What are the chances of the following making an appearance on IGC?

Guacamelee?
LittleBigPlanet Vita?
Hotline Miami?
Far Cry 3?
PixelJunk Monsters Vita?
Plants vs Zombies Vita?
Need for Speed:Most Wanted Vita?
Assassins Creed: Liberation Vita?

Posted on 22 August, 2013 at 3:14 pm by Chris Howe
Two of those are planned but I can’t say which I am afraid

I'm excited to try AC3, I have not played an AC game since Brotherhood and after all the negative press last year never bothered with it. However, I am craving one now and feel like its a good time to try, considering I'm paying next to nothing.

GHG

Gold Member
I'm thinking of getting Plus for the 1st time and I'm a bit confused about the instant game collection thing.

If I subscribe now do I only get the games that are currently available or will I also get access to having all of the games that have been free to subscribers over the last 12 months or so?

Celegus

I'm thinking of getting Plus for the 1st time and I'm a bit confused about the instant game collection thing.

If I subscribe now do I only get the games that are currently available or will I also get access to having all of the games that have been free to subscribers over the last 12 months or so?

Only what's current and forward. Anything that has already passed, all you can really do is kick yourself for not signing up sooner.

The games that will replace Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush and Wipeout? Let's call em right now:
1. LittleBigPlanet Vita
2. Assassin's Creed Liberation
3. Sly Cooper

I wish

GHG

Gold Member
Only what's current and forward. Anything that has already passed, all you can really do is kick yourself for not signing up sooner.

playstation-plus-instp3sdm.jpg

:(

At least I get Uncharted I guess.

Jabba

Banned
Why does NA suck compared to Eu? Anyone? More subscribers?

Thanks for all the replies and they all make sense and probably a little of all.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why does NA suck compared to Eu? Anyone? More subscribers?

Publishers can squeeze more money out of NA users than EU that's why

EU market is completely different than NA

Titles still sell here for awhile
EU has a small ass window to get it done, NA is huge in comparison for sales window

Publishers on EU side don't worry their undercutting themselves, because most titles are not selling, so an extra lump sum received is better than nothing
NA side their more cautious cause, shit sells way down the line, no need to undercut till sales are stagnant and then go for the lump sum

SCEA also doesn't try their hardest to get titles for their side, I mean store updates are still irregular, do you really think they have any backing power to go fight for the consumer against the Publisher, at least on SCEE side they do try to fight and sometimes win out due to sales getting wrecked within a month or two

RulkezX

Just bought a Vita today.

If I download a game now , or purchase it ( I don't know how you claim games in PS+) can I download it again after it falls off the game list ?

Top Bottom