• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Tizoc

So my Vita/PSP US Plus offerings wishlist:
A. Totori
Virtua Tennis
Neo Geo Ultimate Shooting
Ys game
Casltevania Dracula X Chronicles
Final Fantasy III

Donos

Just go to the Playstation Plus - Free Games section and add everything to your cart. You have to manually "buy" the free items, they want you to visit the store weekly.

After that, check your account in the webstore, there should be a list of all your "bought" stuff. There you can select it for automatical download. When your ps3 makes the next daily auto update, they will get downloaded. Would make a Screenshot but im on my mobile right now.
If you only buy the games via webstore like Massa described, they dont get downloaded automatically.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Usually happens on Tuesdays with US PSN, with EU they phase out games when the new games are made available.

The thing is, I am thinking on buying a ps3... I'm going ps4 this november and the playstation plus overlap looks tantalizing heh.

There's also dark souls 2 coming and well, there's more people playing it... when I look at soulswiki ds2 events, they are mostly on the ps3 side.

I just wonder how long will Sony support the ps3 with playstation plus games... a year?

Calibus

After re-purchasing the PS3 yesterday and signing up for a year of PSN+, I can already tell it's going to be next to impossible to go back to regular PSN.

But this thread also makes me sad in that the 160GB HDD that came with the console will not nearly be enough.

Didn't work.

Good to know it deleted all of my backgrounds and folders and did nothing.
Well it installed for me without any problem but downloading it was a major blunder. My download screen froze almost every time. Had to restart VITA and try again to get it to download. I was able to install the standalone pinball table without Zen Pinball 2.

Tizoc

The thing is, I am thinking on buying a ps3... I'm going ps4 this november and the playstation plus overlap looks tantalizing heh.

There's also dark souls 2 coming and well, there's more people playing it... when I look at soulswiki ds2 events, they are mostly on the ps3 side.

I just wonder how long will Sony support the ps3 with playstation plus games... a year?

Way I see it, Plus support among the 3 systems will be something like this:
2 titles that can run on the PS3
1 for PS4
2 for Vita/PSP

jvm

Gamasutra.
So my Vita/PSP US Plus offerings wishlist:
A. Totori
Virtua Tennis
Neo Geo Ultimate Shooting
Ys game
Casltevania Dracula X Chronicles
Final Fantasy III
Wait wait wait. This is PSV compatible? I have been really sad since getting my PSV that I couldn't play SotN on the PSV, but this gives me a way, right?

I wonder if I still have my save file that has it already unlocked.

Dambrosi

Banned
Wait wait wait. This is PSV compatible? I have been really sad since getting my PSV that I couldn't play SotN on the PSV, but this gives me a way, right?

Wait, what? I thought you could play PS1 games on your Vita without any problems, just like PSP could? In fact, isn't PS1 compatibility part of the PSP layer (which means CFW, which means POPStation, which means even better compatibility)?

But you are right in that the Dracula X Chronicles version of SoTN is slightly superior. Though you'll miss out on the "classic" dialogue.

Tizoc

Wait, what? I thought you could play PS1 games on your Vita without any problems, just like PSP could? In fact, isn't PS1 compatibility part of the PSP layer (which means CFW, which means POPStation, which means even better compatibility)?

But you are right in that the Dracula X Chronicles version of SoTN is slightly superior. Though you'll miss out on the "classic" dialogue.

IIRC, DXC ver. of SotN has JPN dub right? I'll take Norio Wakamoto over narmy dialog anytime ;P

-Winnie-

Lol, I can tell you for a fact it works on Vita. I'm playing it right now.

Lol, I can tell you for a fact it works on Vita. I'm playing it right now.

I just bought a vita and I'm playing it too.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Uh. I'll have to get my PSV out and check, but pretty sure I did this a month ago and it didn't work...

az5A1Ow.png

jvm

Gamasutra.
Yep, downloading the PS1 original right now. Is this new? I was confident I had checked previously and it didn't work.

Sorry for the derailment.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Funnily enough: EU Plus members have the ability to do background download of updates.

That was my original point. I am in EU and have PS plus but when I put on Payday this morning I had to do a 3GB update first. Other games had updated so no idea why.

I hope this is the right place to ask. Is it possible to account share an EU psn account with a US one and still access the other persons PS+ games or are these downloads different in some way?

Tizoc

I hope this is the right place to ask. Is it possible to account share an EU psn account with a US one and still access the other persons PS+ games or are these downloads different in some way?

Let's say you have a US Plus and an EU Plus account on your PS3.
If you active either or both accounts on another PS3, that person will be able to play any of the stuff in your download history/list.

So, you can't "share" your second vacant PS3 slot with someone else to let them access your account and do the same with them so you can access theirs?

I remember when psn first launched this was possible with five consoles in total per account.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So, you can't "share" your second vacant PS3 slot with someone else to let them access your account and do the same with them so you can access theirs?

I remember when psn first launched this was possible with five consoles in total per account.
You can, my brother shares my PS+ account and plays all the games without problem on his account.

breakfuss

So I asked here a few weeks ago whether I should play XCOM or Mafia II first as part of the August PS Plus Instant game collection. And I got this.

Thank you guys so much, I had heaps of fun with XCOM, especially for a game I had virtually no interest in. I'm just playing Mafia II at the moment, I've played about 3 hours and I'm done forever.

Well, I need to pick Xcom back up.. I started when it first came to plus but lost all my progress thinking it auto-saved (you know, like practically every modern game). So pissed I haven't looked it at since.

Quick

Banned
So, I got some PS+ codes from Fan Expo, and none of them are working. What the hell?

Codes aren't redeemable on PC.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Holding out hope that the 15 months of Plus deal will be offered to US gamers too. I REALLY want to resubscribe and my free month expires in a couple weeks, but I want to wait.

I'm crossing my fingers for some games I don't currently own for the free games this month. Even if they were the same as EU, I'd be fine with that.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yep, downloading the PS1 original right now. Is this new? I was confident I had checked previously and it didn't work.

Sorry for the derailment.

It is not new, it was on the original list for the US of PS1 compatible games iirc, so it has been playable for quite a while.

Sky Chief

On vacation and trying to buy some free PS+ games from the web store but some games give me the error "you are not eligible to purchase or download this content". Anyone know what's wrong?

jvm

Gamasutra.
It is not new, it was on the original list for the US of PS1 compatible games iirc, so it has been playable for quite a while.
Yeah, I'm apparently really dumb. Not that anyone here was surprised.

In my defense, I do not believe it is discoverable in the PS1 part of the PSV version of the PS store -- I went through the alphabetical list of PS1 games today and didn't find it. Maybe I missed it, but check for yourself.

Shows up in search -- not in the main list. :)

Madridy

I didn't know where to ask this, but I'm planning to buy a 2nd PS3 (PAL) for my bedroom. My PSN account is US with PS+ and my original PS3 is NTSC.

I have a couple questions:

Will the PS4 take one of the two PS3 share system activations? or will it have its own activations?

Also are the PSone/PSP games region locked? Will I be able to play them on a PAL PS3/VITA?

Thanks

jvm

Gamasutra.
I didn't know where to ask this, but I'm planning to buy a 2nd PS3 (PAL) for my bedroom. My PSN account is US with PS+ and my original PS3 is NTSC.

I have a couple questions:

Will the PS4 take one of the two PS3 share system activations? or will it have its own activations?

Also are the PSone/PSP games region locked? Will I be able to play them on a PAL PS3/VITA?

Thanks
Activations: I'm not sure we know yet. May not know until launch.

PS1/PSP games are not region locked, AFAIK. I've played PSN-purchased JP PS1 games on my NA PS3. I presume the same is true for PSP games, but have no firsthand experience.

jvm

Gamasutra.
I'm hoping the PS4 will be separate activations because it's not backwards compatible. It's just a hope though.
I'm sure someone's been planning it out. Your logic seems sound, but who knows what logic they're applying.

Tizoc

yes the jak trilogy will be mine next week!

THIS week, the update will occur on the 28th of Aug. IIRC.

Welp 1-2 hours til the blog post, wish we knew what we're getting next month THIS week.

Gotta remember to leave a comment in the Plus blog update about what Plus goodies I want next month =V

Top Bottom