• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Duster

Damn with all the attention on Oddworld not being cross-buy I didn't realise Valiant Hearts isn't either.
I can understand the former even if I don't like it but struggle to see much harm in Valiant Heart's being cross-buy with the PS3 version.

JoshHood

Damn with all the attention on Oddworld not being cross-buy I didn't realise Valiant Hearts isn't either.
I can understand the former even if I don't like it but struggle to see much harm in Valiant Heart's being cross-buy with the PS3 version.

It was never Cross-Buy, even outside Plus.

BibiMaghoo

Just got my PS+ games and noticed there is a digital version of MGS4 on the store.

Since when? I have never heard of this game having a digital release, and it's only £7.99 to boot. Gaf, you have failed me.

I have a question I thought of yesterday, hope it's not been answered, probably has. If I get a game like Olli Olli 2 on PS+ for vita, and it's cross buy. Is that plus cross buy, meaning, if my plus sub runs out, do I not get it for PS4 anymore, or do I just not get it for vita but it counts as a full purchase on PS4? Hopefully that makes sense.

I have a question I thought of yesterday, hope it's not been answered, probably has. If I get a game like Olli Olli 2 on PS+ for vita, and it's cross buy. Is that plus cross buy, meaning, if my plus sub runs out, do I not get it for PS4 anymore, or do I just not get it for vita but it counts as a full purchase on PS4? Hopefully that makes sense.

If Plus runs out you lose access to both versions.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Ok , didnt know if it appeared as a full on purchase for the cross buy vers.

If you look in your purchase list, you will see the game listed once for each version. So it will show up as purchased for Vita, PS3 and PS4 as they are technically different games, even though you only "paid" for one. So when your Plus expires, all three games expire.

jcm

This is a really good month for me. I had planned to buy Oddworld and Valiant Hearts, and I'm intrigued by Counterspy and Sherlock.

halfbeast

Banned
So am I took me a good 30 minutes to get 5 stars on the first level. I think I need to be more conservative with when I hit X and do it earlier than I tend to.
But I can see it's addictive potential if I get a little better. :)

does the sequel do a better job explaining how you play? I couldn't figure out how to land in the first game, checked the options/controls to figure it out, but nada.

Curufinwe

does the sequel do a better job explaining how you play? I couldn't figure out how to land in the first game, checked the options/controls to figure it out, but nada.

I didn't play the first one, but the OO2 Tutorial told me to press X just before you land and it's been no problem so far.

N30RYU

I tried... but OlliOlli2 only lasted 5 min to me...

Jumping with the analog... no thanks, and you have to press X too much in advance to land well.

Not my game.

MMaRsu

I tried... but OlliOlli2 only lasted 5 min to me...

Jumping with the analog... no thanks, and you have to press X too much in advance to land well.

Not my game.

No you have to press x as late as possible. Did you not play through the tutorials?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Any thoughts on Rainbow Moon? (Part of this week's sales)

It was a freebie last summer. I tried it for a bit, but quickly gave up and uninstalled it. It's really, really, really boring and generic. The combat system is decent but there's nothing interesting to do, explore, see, etc. It's just pretty much soulless. I'd play a similar game with the same combat, if the quests, characters and world-building were more interesting, but there's just nothing that kept my interest. I wouldn't recommend it.

awp69

It was a freebie last summer. I tried it for a bit, but quickly gave up and uninstalled it. It's really, really, really boring and generic. The combat system is decent but there's nothing interesting to do, explore, see, etc. It's just pretty much soulless. I'd play a similar game with the same combat, if the quests, characters and world-building were more interesting, but there's just nothing that kept my interest. I wouldn't recommend it.

Appreciate the impressions. Sounds like one to steer of.

Playstation Now has been cool for me, since I had a 360 only last gen. They just added that last Twisted Metal and it just hangs up while it tries to connect to servers that I can only imagine are long dead.

I hope that gets fixed soon. I was a huge fan of the first two and Black. I wanted to see how this one turned out.

Shaneus

I don't know how anyone can't like OlliOlli2 (or the first one). Only thing I'm not really into right now is the music, it's not as catchy or diverse as the first one. Where's the badarse-style music like we heard in this trailer?

Auctopus

Only downloaded OlliOlli 2 and Valiant Hearts for now.

Was meant to buy Valiant Hearts on launch but ended up not doing so. Everything about it so far is brilliant - just finished the Labyrinth.

OlliOlli 2 is great, somehow. I've always loved skateboarding games, the industry reached its peak with Skate 1 and 2 but this is a decent replacement. Definitely feel like going for the Platinum. I really like the variety of levels.

v1perz53

Only downloaded OlliOlli 2 and Valiant Hearts for now.

Was meant to buy Valiant Hearts on launch but ended up not doing so. Everything about it so far is brilliant - just finished the Labyrinth.

OlliOlli 2 is great, somehow. I've always loved skateboarding games, the industry reached its peak with Skate 1 and 2 but this is a decent replacement. Definitely feel like going for the Platinum. I really like the variety of levels.

Not sure about OlliOlli 2, but the first game was one of the few games I loved, couldn't put down, decided to get the platinum in (or just all the trophies, don't remember if it had a platinum) and quit before I did it. Rad mode is simply too hard/frustrating for me. Still, absolutely fantastic game and the sequel is even better with the manuals. Still wish I could use the D-pad for jumps still tho, it was situationally very useful.

Kuno

I wish I could get into Olli Olli 2, but my left analog stick is shredding.

Get these things, they work great.

51UDClqQjyL._SX300_.jpg

unfortunately crimes and punishments is not showing on my playstation store.(from turkey) i hope it will be fixed quickly because i really want to try that game. also counterspy is very good too. i definitely recommend it to everyone.

Mollymauk

I wish I could get into Olli Olli 2, but my left analog stick is shredding.

Came here to post this. I've been using this controller since launch with no issues. Thought I was one of the lucky ones. After a couple short sessions with this game it's starting to shed rubber. sigh

Maddrical

I think it looks beautiful, but I do kind of miss the pixel art thing the first game had going on.

Same, the one thing I prefer from 1 over 2 is the art style. That said, I only played the first on Vita, while I have only played 2 on PS4 on a 50" TV so that makes it look drastically different also.

Shaneus

Same, the one thing I prefer from 1 over 2 is the art style. That said, I only played the first on Vita, while I have only played 2 on PS4 on a 50" TV so that makes it look drastically different also.
I played both on Vita (first one extensively) and I miss it too. Some of it is actually a little more confusing, I keep mistaking grinds for solid ground and vice versa, I think due to the colours used and it being more vibrant in general.

I also keep hitting triangle when grinding, but that's just some really weird muscle memory from THPS titles :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Been enjoying Valiant Hearts so far. Lovely art and atmosphere, the puzzles are decent though a bit easy so far, and the narration and voice acting (even the pretend-speaking/mumbling) is perfect.

I think it's my first "pure" (as in, non-action or point-and-click style) adventure game that I'm actually motivated to keep playing, too!

I'm supposed to play the Monkey Island games one day, at my boyfriend's urging. But out of spite I told him I'll only play that if he plays Dark Souls. Which he still hasn't done. xD

kiyoaki

I played the first two missions to Counterspy yesterday, and I absolutely love the 60s style graphics and 2D stealth gameplay. The controls in the shootout parts are pretty terrible though. I can imagine the game might get a tad frustrating because of that as difficulty increases.

Hasney

Came here to post this. I've been using this controller since launch with no issues. Thought I was one of the lucky ones. After a couple short sessions with this game it's starting to shed rubber. sigh

Yeah, unfortunately there are no lucky ones of the original batch, just depends on the game you play.

Those covers linked work great, or replace them with XB1 sticks.

El_Cinefilo

OlliOlli 2 is great fun but man is it difficult to get myself out of the habit of pressing x when I want to jump. Definitely one of the best months for me for a good while.

LesPaul

I played OlliOlli2 yesterday and I love it...I haven't finished the first one but the second one feels better with the manuals. I really like them.
I am also looking forward to playing Valiant Hearts but I am curently playing Bayo 2

Tuffty

What a neat little game Counterspy is. Liked it immediately from the Cowboy Bebop-esque opening. Controls seem fine from what I've played so far. Maybe as the difficulty increases, it can be a problem. I've more of a problem with the AI and not knowing how far the enemy can see you. Also because the levels are randomly generated, it creates an issue when you're trying to aim for a stealth playthrough and find that when you enter the next room you're right in front of a guard looking at you.

But still, I do enjoy it. Looking forward to giving Sherlock Holmes a go based off what I've read.

Putosaure

Olli Olli 2 is great, but I don't really get how to ollie + do a trick or flip. Seems fun and technical though !

Counterspy is a nice little game, but after 2 missions I already see how repetitive it can be. And god damn those 90+ seconds loadings on Vita ! It's even worse than Wipeout pre-patch at launch !

Olliolli 2 i guess is just not for me. Im not competetive and im just not having fun with it.
Valiant hearts i already own, great game.
Counterspy feels more like a puzzle/shooter then a stealth game but i like the setting and the art im enjoying it somewhat.
Odd world i have yet to try.

Top Bottom