• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Natels

Olli Olli 2 is great, but I don't really get how to ollie + do a trick or flip. Seems fun and technical though !

You don't. You either ollie or do other trick.

How awesome is this game! I'm really loving it. Best game of the month for me, and I'm enjoying Valiant Hearts as well, catch myself reading all the facts and the music is great to

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Olli Olli 2 has one big downgrade imo, not being able to use the d-pad like the first game(at least in the Vita version). Considering that majority of the moves are just basic motions I do in every fighting game, it kinda sucks being forced to use the analog.

Still a fun game though, alternating between 1 and 2. Going back to the first 1 is weird after playing 2 because 2 feels alot more fluid.

Ants

Okay so you're just supposed to do tricks between grinds. Clearer.

Not quite. Ollie is one of many tricks you can do. It's done by pressing Down and releasing. You can do different tricks with inputs other than Down, like Quarter Circle Back, release. You can do this while grinding, even. You set up the trick before jumping, and when you release, it executes both the jump and the trick.

Hasney

Not quite. Ollie is one of many tricks you can do. It's done by pressing Down and releasing. You can do different tricks with inputs other than Down, like Quarter Circle Back, release. You can do this while grinding, even. You set up the trick before jumping, and when you release, it executes both the jump and the trick.

Yup. Then the one thing the tutorial does't explain is that the shoulder buttons rotate you in mid-air.

Putosaure

Aaaaah. Tutorial doesn't explain that does it ? Or I didn't read.
I'll try that !

dorikyasu

Get these things, they work great.

51UDClqQjyL._SX300_.jpg
I got those yesterday as well since my (previously fine) DS4 started to show the same issue as others after a few Olli Olli 2 sessions.
Looks like Olli Olli 2 is a definite "killer app", for DS4 lifespan that is...

Siegmeyer

Valiant Hearts is fantastic. Halfway through chapter 3 but I''m loving it so far, feels like a 90s point 'n' click given a 21st century makeover (which includes less obtuse and far easier puzzles).

If I'd known it was this type of game I'd have bought it myself at launch. Normally in this situation I'd feel bad for robbing a dev of a purchase, but since it's Ubisoft, I think I can live with it :) They've pumped out so much generic mediocrity in recent years (sans Rayman) I was surprised just how good this is. Probably my favourite title of theirs since PoP: Sands of Time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Valiant Hearts is fantastic. Halfway through chapter 3 but I''m loving it so far, feels like a 90s point 'n' click given a 21st century makeover (which includes less obtuse and far easier puzzles).

If I'd known it was this type of game I'd have bought it myself at launch. Normally in this situation I'd feel bad for robbing a dev of a purchase, but since it's Ubisoft, I think I can live with it :) They've pumped out so much generic mediocrity in recent years (sans Rayman) I was surprised just how good this is. Probably my favourite title of theirs since PoP: Sands of Time.
It's crazy how much Ubisoft France > Ubisoft Montreal... and I hate to say it because I'm a Montreal resident :( but Rayman, Valiant Hearts, Beyond Good and Evil shits over everything else (probably thanks to Michel Ancel)... well, Ubi Montreal was had PoP Sands of Time and the early Splinter Cell games in the PS2 era, but they turned into an embarrassment real fast.

kiyoaki

Wasn't Child of Light made by Ubisoft Montreal? That was a pretty good game IMO.

Valiant Hearts isn't cross-buy and will thus have to wait until I finally get my hands on a PS4. But even with just a PS3, this month's PS+ is pretty impressive.

Sarcasm

Counterspy isn't too bad..only thing is those load times.

OllieOllie 2..I feel like uninstalling it. Getting annoyed at the zomg barely a second there is ground moments.

Really liking CounterSpy. Great art style and I like the change in viewpoint when behind cover. Seems a pretty cool game I'd never have bought or played otherwise.

OllieOllie isn't a game I enjoy. Just like all other skating/trick based games. I'm just not good at them.

Will check out Iddworld and Valient Hearts soon but CounterSpy is a surprise, I thought it would be getting deleted after a brief play.

MMaRsu

Olli Olli 2 has one big downgrade imo, not being able to use the d-pad like the first game(at least in the Vita version). Considering that majority of the moves are just basic motions I do in every fighting game, it kinda sucks being forced to use the analog.

Still a fun game though, alternating between 1 and 2. Going back to the first 1 is weird after playing 2 because 2 feels alot more fluid.

How are u gonna do a 360 with a dpad?

kiyoaki

I played some more CounterSpy today, and I love it. The brainwashing gun is all kinds of awesome. It's shaping up to be the best game I've played this year so far.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Counterspy and OlliOlli 2 have been amazing great month so far!!

unfortunately crimes and punishments is not showing on my playstation store.(from turkey) i hope it will be fixed quickly because i really want to try that game. also counterspy is very good too. i definitely recommend it to everyone.

What a neat little game Counterspy is. Liked it immediately from the Cowboy Bebop-esque opening.

Really liking CounterSpy. Great art style and I like the change in viewpoint when behind cover. Seems a pretty cool game I'd never have bought or played otherwise.

I played some more CounterSpy today, and I love it. The brainwashing gun is all kinds of awesome. It's shaping up to be the best game I've played this year so far.

This warms my heart.

score01

OlliOlli 2 is great fun but man is it difficult to get myself out of the habit of pressing x when I want to jump. Definitely one of the best months for me for a good while.

Glad it's not just me. I can see a great game in there but the controls will take some getting used to. X to jump and X before you land would have been a good mechanic.

Managed to play through CounterSpy. It's a pretty awesome game. It did get repetitive in the ending levels because I started going back into places I've already seen before. If it lasted a tad longer, I don't think I could have taken it to be honest. However, the game is short so that helps a lot.

I only played Oddworld for a bit and liked what I saw.

But Olli Olli...I don't think I can get into it. Music is great, but man. Something about it.

Haven't tried any of the other games.

On Demand

Banned
Get these things, they work great.

51UDClqQjyL._SX300_.jpg

Yep. I just got those. I didn't have any problems with rubber tearing but the material can turn smooth after awhile. The only thing I don't like about them is that they make the sticks feel loose. I don't understand why. Taken them off it get back the tight feeling.

Shaneus

Yep. I just got those. I didn't have any problems with rubber tearing but the material can turn smooth after awhile. The only thing I don't like about them is that they make the sticks feel loose. I don't understand why. Taken them off it get back the tight feeling.
For good joystick protectors or pads or whatever, I posted this in the OlliOlli2 OT:
Yeah, I'm about the same on both counts. Completed most of what I've done so far on Vita, but the really tough ones I did in a snap on PS4. FWIW I was also using these grips on my controller:
JEqmRfQ.png

Fit snugly on the sticks, offer great grip. Ebay cheapos, I think I got mine for around $3AU for a pair.
Easily the most solid pair of protectors I've used, and I've gone through a few (including some that, like you said, felt loose and inaccurate).

Auctopus

Finished Valiant Hearts this morning, really great experience. I'm a huge 'fan' of WWI and II and this game really struck all the right notes about the war...

+ Art style - This one is obvious but the locations, environments and characters are all rendered so brilliantly. Europe at War becomes so immersive for a 2D game.
+ Historical accuracy/Education - The game backs up all its events with real facts supplied by historian networks and informs the player about the events surrounding the gameplay, brilliant.
+ Music - The main theme is sombre and emotive, the only problem it has is it starts on the same bar every time you open the menu. The music in the music themed levels is fun and the music in the puzzles is enjoyable and not too interesting to distract you. Great work.
+ Voice Acting - Though rare, the VA in the game is strong. Especially the last monologue from Emile, you can really hear the emotion.

- Padding - There's some very slight padding at moments but not much. Repeated puzzles etc. Needless running about when a puzzle could've been more streamline.
- Some awkward checkpoints - Somehow a few of the checkpoints manage to place you right before a rare tedious section of gameplay; mortar dodging etc.

Overall, loved it. Still finishing OlliOlli 2 then I'll be moving on to Counter-Spy. This is starting to become on of PS+ strongest months.

Bert

God dammit, I've not even made a dent in my PS+ Vita backlog and OlliOlli2 and CounterSpy look amazing. Sherlock Holmes is right up my alley when I get my PS3 back as well.

Good month.

I've already got Oddworld and Valiant hearts (but this one on PS3) and i was looking forward especially for Counterspy (which is great)...and then i downloaded Papo&Yo...Jesus, what an extraordinary game...Not only in its fun and clever gameplay but the story. Damn. This is where real magic lies. This game totally flew under my radar and i'm so happy and grateful that thanks to ps+ i was able to expirenced its greatness...Give it a try if you didn't already...Great month, btw.

The only thing I don't like about them is that they make the sticks feel loose. I don't understand why. Taken them off it get back the tight feeling.

The increased height gives you more leverage on the sticks, making them easier to move, which results in a more loose feeling.

Valiant Hearts is absolutely wonderful. I almost pulled the trigger on this a few times but I didn't think I'd like it but it's such a great game. Beautiful art style, decent puzzles that aren't too tricky to fathom out, good character/s and does a great job of conveying a war theme, plus it's a joy to play.

In fact with this and CountySpy, it's been the best PS+ month for as long as I can remember.

UCBooties

So I saw some random speculation floating around about changes coming to PS+ and IGC. I don't think there's anything credible about potential changes but it did get me thinking...

How much longer would you expect Sony to support the Playstation Vita with the IGC? I love my Vita and lot of the value that I get from IGC is from the Vita games, but Sony is sending some pretty clear signals that they are not interested in supporting the platform any further (at least in the West). So if Sony is looking to Sunset the Vita part of the ecosystem, how much longer would you expect it to be included with the IGC?

I still have a PS3 and PS4 so when it does happen PS+ will still be a decent value for me, I was just wondering what people thought the time frame for ending support might end up being.

QaaQer

So I saw some random speculation floating around about changes coming to PS+ and IGC. I don't think there's anything credible about potential changes but it did get me thinking...

How much longer would you expect Sony to support the Playstation Vita with the IGC? I love my Vita and lot of the value that I get from IGC is from the Vita games, but Sony is sending some pretty clear signals that they are not interested in supporting the platform any further (at least in the West). So if Sony is looking to Sunset the Vita part of the ecosystem, how much longer would you expect it to be included with the IGC?

I still have a PS3 and PS4 so when it does happen PS+ will still be a decent value for me, I was just wondering what people thought the time frame for ending support might end up being.

5 year life span as a minimum, so late 2015/early16, but I think they'll keep it around till PS5 is released.

Massa

I think you're quite mistaken. Sony are still actively signing deals for Vita, in fact their pub funded games are now moving towards PS4/Vita with the PS3 being dropped for the most part. This month's OlliOlli 2 is just one of the many examples of this.

AndyD

aka andydumi

I think 1-2 years after it stops officially selling at retail is reasonable. Mainly because they probably have a backlog of games they could release, and once its no longer on sale, throwing up an old game or two is not a whole lot of effort or cost.

That said, it's not going to stop being for sale for a while unless we see a new Vita. It's a really good companion for PS4, its marketed as such, especially with remote play.

Auctopus

People were not joking about OlliOlli destroying your sticks, damn :(

They've received more damage in the last 24hrs than they have since launch. Looks like I'm gonna have to look into replacements.

The very worst case scenario would be the PS3 and PSV getting sunsetted together. I'd expect the IGC to reduce to one PS3 game per month late 2015/early 2016 and for the PS3 games to be removed wholesale late 2016/early 2017, and I doubt the PSV would be sunsetted any earlier than that.

Mifune

Mehmber
and then i downloaded Papo&Yo...Jesus, what an extraordinary game...Not only in its fun and clever gameplay but the story. Damn. This is where real magic lies. This game totally flew under my radar and i'm so happy and grateful that thanks to ps+ i was able to expirenced its greatness...Give it a try if you didn't already...Great month, btw.

Yeah, Papo & Yo is a stunner that doesn't get much love around these parts. The final sequence and ending left my jaw on the floor.

Top Bottom