• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

OlliOlli2 is really addictive and fun, it is also long time since I played a game and got sweaty hands. Great month for PS Plus so far.

Countspy is fine at the beginning, but the longer you play the worse it gets IMO. Money becomes frustrating to deal with.

Right now I'm just trying to farm the rest of the blueprints to hopefully make it better.

I love OlliOlii 2 on Vita. I never played the first one but this is so great, played almost all the first row of the career in just two days. Really was looking forward to seeing how it is on the PS4 but man, it exposes the input lag on my TV pretty badly (which only a couple of games have ever done) and I'm just not comfortable playing it on there. Having to press the revert a moment BEFORE I land just doesn't feel good. Can't find a setting on my TV that might fix it either :( what a shame.

Sarcasm

Well..I felt like the only person who uninstalled OliiOlii 2. I got to..I dunno I saw lava, western theme, spikes, great heights..but yea I uninstalled it. I played a good couple hours+ and got like 2 or 3 (psn profile never updates -.-) trophies. Mentioned awhile back.

Ants

I would never in a million years have bought either of these PS+ Vita games but they're super good. Nice work, Sony.

Majmun

Started playing Valiant Hearts a few days ago. The game is beautiful and captivating. I love it. Don't think I'd ever play it without PS+

The same goes for The Swapper. Playing that one on my Vita. Amazing game as well.

I'd gladly pay €20 for those games each.

jf DOOM

Really liking Counter Spy. Not something i would have ever bought myself, but it's a really cool game so far.

Now I just need to muster the initiative to move my PS3 from my sons room to the living room, so I can try out papao.

I have a downloadable code for PS3 TxK. It's from Game UK, so I'm assuming it's region locked. Anyone want it?

It was one of the free games a few months ago, so preferably only someone who missed it.

MFNF-56NR-75KD

awp69

I have a downloadable code for PS3 TxK. It's from Game UK, so I'm assuming it's region locked. Anyone want it?

It was one of the free games a few months ago, so preferably only someone who missed it.

MFNF-56NR-75KD

Damn. Actually want that game and tried the code. Alas, it must be region locked as it doesn't seem to work on the US store. Thanks for posting anyway.

Auctopus

Have almost finished my initial run of Counter-Spy. I'm going to echo the statements that it gets worse further on, it does. Some mechanics just don't scale well when the game gets more difficult. I have enjoyed some significant portions of it though, will post more impressions at 100%.

MFNF-56NR-75KD

That's very kind of you! It's best if you post the code in email tags though, so that only GAFers can redeem it.
(Already have the game myself).

awp69

Since the code won't work for me, does anyone think TkX is worth the $10? I was a big Tempest fan, but am sure it'll be in sale at some point. However, since it was a free PS+ title, it may be a while.

Since the code won't work for me, does anyone think TkX is worth the $10? I was a big Tempest fan, but am sure it'll be in sale at some point. However, since it was a free PS+ title, it may be a while.

If you love Tempest, you'll love TxK. I bought it day one with no regrets and it looks terrific on the Vita screen.

Fbh

So I just finished Valiant Hearts

tumblr_mmeix9vj1g1r5xzspo1_500.jpg

Loved it on many levels.
-The art style looks great and is another sucess for ubiart framework
- Not only does it look great, it also sounds great. Amazing soundtrack
-While having a "cartoon" art style it has some striking imagery that represents the horrors of war
- It's a war game that, in terms of gameplay, is more about helping people than killing them
- It's a war game with a story that's more about how war affects people than about killing
- I actually learned stuff
- Fun puzzles. It's definitely on the easy side but never stuck on a level gave this particular game a good flow

JeTmAn81

Anybody feel like Counter Spy really needs a way to let you look a little bit beyond your current position? A lot of the time it feels like you're just blundering into situations you can't prepare for. Still, I'm liking it more as it goes along.

Tomodachi

So few people talking about Abe's Odyssey, is that because everyone already played it or because no one is liking it? :(
I loved the original back in the day and I'm amazed at the incredible work they did with the transistion from 2D prerendered backgrounds to 3D locations, so faithful, it must not have been easy.
One thing I'm not that happy about: they should have simplified jumping, it feels too old style. But you just have to get good at it I guess and thank god they didn't turn the game into a walk in the park (well, there's easy mode tbh, good for some people I guess).
Also, the framerate is all over the place, unfortunately :(

Auctopus

It's probably been said a few times upon the game's release but I'm really hoping for a Valiant Hearts II now.

The wars were very different but there are so many more tales of valour.

JoshHood

It's probably been said a few times upon the game's release but I'm really hoping for a Valiant Hearts II now.

The wars were very different but there are so many more tales of valour.

End game spoilers:
they do kind of tease a continuation in the mid-credits scene, but whether the game sold well enough for it, I don't know.

Late Flag

I'm enjoying Counterspy, but the game does get pretty cheap in some of the later missions.

I'm also a little frustrated. I made it to the final mission late last night, tried it a few times, and died on my last attempt (edit: the rockets launched, I mean). It gave me the option "Continue? Yes / No" and since it was time for bed, I clicked "no" thinking it would just take me back to the main menu. Nope. That ended the game with no warning and put me all the way back on day one.

Not a huge deal because like I said I like the game and I don't mind playing it through again now that I know what I'm doing, but what the hell? At least warn the player that they're about to start over from the beginning before you wipe their progress.

Auctopus

End game spoilers:
they do kind of tease a continuation in the mid-credits scene, but whether the game sold well enough for it, I don't know.

I missed that so just went and looked it up on Youtube. That was really odd. The way the narrator says "Its appetite was infinite." is really unfitting of the tone from the rest of the game. Sounded more like a sequel still set in WWI but here's hoping for WWII.

So few people talking about Abe's Odyssey, is that because everyone already played it or because no one is liking it? :(
I loved the original back in the day and I'm amazed at the incredible work they did with the transistion from 2D prerendered backgrounds to 3D locations, so faithful, it must not have been easy.
One thing I'm not that happy about: they should have simplified jumping, it feels too old style. But you just have to get good at it I guess and thank god they didn't turn the game into a walk in the park (well, there's easy mode tbh, good for some people I guess).
Also, the framerate is all over the place, unfortunately :(

I'm loving it. It feels better than the old one for some reason, and the quicksave function avoids A LOT of frustration. I might finally finish the game.

I just haven't had much time to play games unfortunately =/

JoshHood

I missed that so just went and looked it up on Youtube. That was really odd. The way the narrator says "Its appetite was infinite." is really unfitting of the tone from the rest of the game. Sounded more like a sequel still set in WWI but here's hoping for WWII.

It was a bit strange. Know what you mean about indicating more WWI, but it's not like there's all that much of the timeline left to go there.

Torraz

Sherlock Holmes is an awesome game. I very much enjoyed it. It's the perfect Ps plus game, as I have no inclination to replay it, but the first play through was mesmerizing.

Loved this month's lineup. Tried OlliOlli2 but deleted it since I didn't like it. Finished CounterSpy in a sitting (about 2 hours). Oddworld original game takes about 14 hours to complete, while the remake is about 7 hours. Is it a totally different game that it takes half the time to complete or they cut something from the original?

Loved this month's lineup. Tried OlliOlli2 but deleted it since I didn't like it. Finished CounterSpy in a sitting (about 2 hours). Oddworld original game takes about 14 hours to complete, while the remake is about 7 hours. Is it a totally different game that it takes half the time to complete or they cut something from the original?

it's the same length in theory, but they changed a few things that would make the game easier to complete more quickly. such as quick saves and easier difficulties. i would imagine if you played it on hard with no quick saves it would be similar in length to the original

xrnzaaas

Yep, Valiant Hearts is great. The only think I don't like about the game are collectibles. I mean I enjoy reading about them, but they're hidden so well that the game basically forces you to repeat levels even if you take your time exploring locations.

kiyoaki

I'm enjoying Counterspy, but the game does get pretty cheap in some of the later missions.

I'm also a little frustrated. I made it to the final mission late last night, tried it a few times, and died on my last attempt (edit: the rockets launched, I mean). It gave me the option "Continue? Yes / No" and since it was time for bed, I clicked "no" thinking it would just take me back to the main menu. Nope. That ended the game with no warning and put me all the way back on day one.

Not a huge deal because like I said I like the game and I don't mind playing it through again now that I know what I'm doing, but what the hell? At least warn the player that they're about to start over from the beginning before you wipe their progress.

I had the exact same thing happen to me, also on the last mission. That was pretty poor design. I really liked the game until then, though. I'm going to let it rest a while for now.

Started Sherlock Homes yesterday, which makes for a nice change of pace. And listening to British English is kind of relaxing.

Goldrusher

One of the first lines of the narrator, right after the father of the French family is drafted: "A few days after Karl was deported, the war was hungry for more, and took away Emile as well."
Remembering that, it's véry fitting that the last line is "Its appetite was infinite."

tok9

I said I'd check out some of the PS3 games as I haven't played much PS3 in a while. So I had a look Thief from last month.

Unfortunately I couldn't get too far as for some reason, I got to the first lockpick and I just could not set a pin. No matter what I did. It seems to be some sort of bug as I was genuinely on it for a solid 10 minutes constantly setting it in the grey/white circle but it never set when I pressed R2.

Lnkn52

Yep, Valiant Hearts is great. The only think I don't like about the game are collectibles. I mean I enjoy reading about them, but they're hidden so well that the game basically forces you to repeat levels even if you take your time exploring locations.

Too bad it doesn't have a platinum trophy either.

Pretty sure I hit a bug in Sherlock Holmes. In the first case I just can't progress. I've looked at/seen/talked to everything. I've checked some walkthroughs and I've done everything, yet for some reason the game isn't giving me the required option for a deduction. My best guess is that I did something in the 'wrong order' and now the game is bugged.

So if you play this game, beware!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
For those who don't know, Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) is now free for NA PS+ as part of WayForward's 25th Anniversary.

NS0G6cJ.png

Top Bottom