• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

For those who don't know, Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) is now free for NA PS+ as part of WayForward's 25th Anniversary.

You know. It'd be nice if we got messages from Sony when games became free (other then those we expect on PSN). The PS store is a mess at the best of times.

Thanks btw.

For those who don't know, Mighty Flip Champs! DX (PSP, PS3, PSVita) is now free for NA PS+ as part of WayForward's 25th Anniversary.

NS0G6cJ.png
Any reason to go with PS3 vs PSP besides portability? No Vita for me

Wasp

I'm enjoying Counterspy, but the game does get pretty cheap in some of the later missions.

I'm also a little frustrated. I made it to the final mission late last night, tried it a few times, and died on my last attempt (edit: the rockets launched, I mean). It gave me the option "Continue? Yes / No" and since it was time for bed, I clicked "no" thinking it would just take me back to the main menu. Nope. That ended the game with no warning and put me all the way back on day one.

Not a huge deal because like I said I like the game and I don't mind playing it through again now that I know what I'm doing, but what the hell? At least warn the player that they're about to start over from the beginning before you wipe their progress.
Do you at least get to keep the weapons, equipment and money you found if you start back again on day one?

ryuken-d

So I just finished Valiant Hearts

tumblr_mmeix9vj1g1r5xzspo1_500.jpg

Loved it on many levels.
-The art style looks great and is another sucess for ubiart framework
- Not only does it look great, it also sounds great. Amazing soundtrack
-While having a "cartoon" art style it has some striking imagery that represents the horrors of war
- It's a war game that, in terms of gameplay, is more about helping people than killing them
- It's a war game with a story that's more about how war affects people than about killing
- I actually learned stuff
- Fun puzzles. It's definitely on the easy side but never stuck on a level gave this particular game a good flow

hoy shit 3 games!!! Valiant Hearts is so great. I just finished the first chapter and wow. Its so good at showing you these characters and how they relate to each other. I care so much already more than most games. and the details you pick up along the way about the war are just nuts. I thought I knew a lot about the first and second WW's but this point of view seems so real and non threatening but also kicks you in the balls. I give mad props to the writers. That's not even getting into the gameplay, music and design. Game play is fresh and new even though its similar to many puzzle/adventure games like machinarium. I'm looking forward to finishing it.

ryuken-d

You know. It'd be nice if we got messages from Sony when games became free (other then those we expect on PSN). The PS store is a mess at the best of times.

Thanks btw.

yeah you have to be proactive. I actually look forward to the first of the month to see what's free. you can also search the discount section.

wait a sec, does PSN have games go for free randomly too?

Sherlock Holmes is an awesome game. I very much enjoyed it. It's the perfect Ps plus game, as I have no inclination to replay it, but the first play through was mesmerizing.

Yep, the only problem with it is that as a typical UE3 game, it runs like shit on PS3. They really should've given the PS4 version away instead.

Wasp

How big/long is Valiant Hearts?

I just started chapter two tonight. Interesting I know.
It's about 6 hours long for a single playthrough. Plus another 2 hours if you want to replay levels to mop up the collectables and trophies.

Getting every trophy is pretty easy, there's only one trophy which is tricky which requires completing a lengthy QTE sequence without making any mistakes.

jcm

I'm enjoying Counterspy, but the game does get pretty cheap in some of the later missions.

I'm also a little frustrated. I made it to the final mission late last night, tried it a few times, and died on my last attempt (edit: the rockets launched, I mean). It gave me the option "Continue? Yes / No" and since it was time for bed, I clicked "no" thinking it would just take me back to the main menu. Nope. That ended the game with no warning and put me all the way back on day one.

Not a huge deal because like I said I like the game and I don't mind playing it through again now that I know what I'm doing, but what the hell? At least warn the player that they're about to start over from the beginning before you wipe their progress.

Argh, this happened to me too. WTF? It never occurred to me that they would delete my saved progress.

I only played Valiant Hearts for a little bit last night but I lose it so far. I really didn't know what to expect from a WWI game but a puzzle game wasn't it. It's really cleverly designed though.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I know it's last month's game, but damn if Rogue Legacy didn't sink it's hooks into me. Enjoying it so much I'm back to bringing my Vita to work!

Luke_Wal

I know it's last month's game, but damn if Rogue Legacy didn't sink it's hooks into me. Enjoying it so much I'm back to bringing my Vita to work!

I bought my Vita a little over a year and a half ago, but when I bought Rogue Legacy last August, that was the game that finally convinced me my purchase was worth it. Probably played a good 20 hours of it. Just excellent.

Khayam

Banned
Valiants Hearts is the kind of game that should be financed by governments and be part of the school curriculum. It teaches about WWI in ways that a manual just can't.

Late Flag

Do you at least get to keep the weapons, equipment and money you found if you start back again on day one?

The weapons and formulas you've unlocked stay unlocked on future playthroughs. You do have to re-buy them though. So for instance, you can't start the very first mission with the persuasion dart and grenade launcher since you don't have enough money at the beginning to buy them.

That seems reasonable though. The first several levels are extremely easy and it only takes a couple to accumulate enough coin for whatever your go-to weapons of choice are.

Valiants Hearts is the kind of game that should be financed by governments and be part of the school curriculum. It teaches about WWI in ways that a manual just can't.

Yup. When playing Valiant Hearts and Never Alone I thought the exact same. Brilliant homework material for young kids. More games like this need to be made!

ryuken-d

that is genius. pulling no punches but still not a literal blood bath to scare kids or teenagers.

So I finished Valiant Hearts and then started and finished Counterspy. Both great games. I share the sentiments about Counterspy some people wrote in this thread about it putting you into scenarios later in the game that it didn't seem designed to handle but I still thought it was great. Really loved the vibe of it and I'm glad it was short enough that I didn't get bored of it. Went back to play last month's games and started up Transistor which doesn't seem particularly fun. Does this sword ever shut the fuck up? Maybe I should install Yakuza 4 instead.

Alpende

Just finished Valiant Hearts and I agree with people saying this should be played in schools. I learned stuff and the gameplay was fun enough.

NewDust

Can anyone verify that Resogun is showing up as free on PSN Store.

At least in Ireland anyway?
Isn't that just the ps3 or vital version your eligible to, because you own the ps+ version for ps4?

Edit: and nope, just checked the Irish store for you. Shows 12,99

Celegus

Well just completed valient hearts, legit teared up. That ending is brutal! Such a good game I hope we get more like that.

Impossible not to cry. My wife and I were sniffling for the next 2+ hours. The letter and the music... all the feels. But we did like that
they didn't kill the dog, finally someone bucked the trend!

Alpende

Finished Counterspy today (100%) and I enjoyed it. Sometimes the game is just plain unfair (walking trough a door and you get spotted immediately) but other than that it's pretty fun.

Stringing kills together feels good once you get the hang of it.

Late Flag

Finished Counterspy today (100%) and I enjoyed it. Sometimes the game is just plain unfair (walking trough a door and you get spotted immediately) but other than that it's pretty fun.

Stringing kills together feels good once you get the hang of it.

Congrats on getting 100% on this. I enjoyed the game and gave it two playthroughs, but they were both on normal. I can't even imagine playing this on the higher difficulties without breaking something.

Alpende

It's not too bad. Once you get better weapons it's very doable. Hard and Expert are not that different, I didn't feel any difference tbh. More enemies but that's about it.

Karu

I also played CounterSpy for a bit, but it's too frustrating for me. I love the map desgn and general handling, but one fuck up and it becomes a poor shooter, really drags every thing down. Any tips, especially for those larger rooms, were there is basically no stealth possible??!

Alpende

I also played CounterSpy for a bit, but it's too frustrating for me. I love the map desgn and general handling, but one fuck up and it becomes a poor shooter, really drags every thing down. Any tips, especially for those larger rooms, were there is basically no stealth possible??!

The viewing lines of NPCs are a bit weird imo. If an NPC is slightly angled and doesn't look directly at you he doesn't see you, so use that in your advantage. Take out the guys first who can see you directly. Usually they move around and you can take 'em out if you're quick.

Also, it helps to come out of cover for a second so you alert one guy. Take that guy out and sometimes another guy comes to investigate. You can take that guy out too and if he starts calling it in you have no choice but to shoot him.

And yes, sometimes it's just completely impossible to stealth kill guys. The only thing you can do then is pull of quick headshots. Take out guys with rockets and grenades first and then move onto other dudes. They reload pretty frequently so use that too.

But just play around with the viewing lines of NPCs.

Dambrosi

Banned
I have a downloadable code for PS3 TxK. It's from Game UK, so I'm assuming it's region locked. Anyone want it?

It was one of the free games a few months ago, so preferably only someone who missed it.

MFNF-56NR-75KD
I'm assuming that this is just a general code for everyone's use, because I was able to redeem it successfully over two weeks after the fact. So have at it, whoever sees this post. Oh yeah, it's definitely the UK version, so you'll need a UK/EU account to redeem it. It's also PS Vita only, despite the post above.

I wish I'd seen that Mighty Flip Champs freebie while it was on, though. Never played that.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Valiant Hearts is super cool, but surprise surprise Ubisoft, it's buggy as hell. I've put about 3-4 hours in and have had multiple glitches (character stuck in place, puzzle doesn't trigger).

score01

I had a glitch where I was stuck in a puzzle room and I needed the dog to help me out but I was just on my own. Took me a while to realise. I looked on live for a video play through of the level and the guy on you tube experienced the exact same glitch. He restarted the level. I just quit the game and went back in. Thankfully it put me just before the glitch occured. Great game though!

GeoramA

I really should start Oddworld, but Type-0 just arrived, so...shit. I only played a little of CounterSpy and OlliOlli2, but both seem promising.

Valiant Hearts is a cool little game. I hope a lot more UbiArt games are in the works. Child of Light is still the best download this gen IMO.

Top Bottom