• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
So if I want to play it but don't know when I'll get around to it, I should "Purchase" the game and it'll stay in my purchase library even if they remove it from the free section?

Yup. I just add them to my cart on the web store and purchase them but never download them until I am ready.

So if I want to play it but don't know when I'll get around to it, I should "Purchase" the game and it'll stay in my purchase library even if they remove it from the free section?

Yea, you can also purchase games for the vita even if you don't have one (just in case). Games you buy on a discount are yours to keep, games you get free are yours so long as your subscription is active. If you subscription runs out, you loose access to them but say that 2 months (or however long) later you resub, you get access once more. Just make sure you purchase them though, if you don't and they rotate out, you lost your chance on them.

I'm wondering about the 12Month+3Month Deal for the 1 Year PS+ subscription right now. Does it only work when buying directly from the PS Store or will I get 3 Month extra when redeeming a 1 Year Code (retail) as well?

Celegus

Fuck, I have $10.66 left on my account. Between Skullgirls and Tokyo Jungle, which one should I get?

I'm sure Skullgirls is fine if you're into fighting games (which I'm not), but Tokyo Jungle is such a unique and fun experience that I can't help but recommend it. One of my favorite PSN games, and one of the few that lives permanently on my rather small hard drive.

I'm insanely jealous of these US + sales, there's about 15 games I'd want to buy at those prices!

So I just tried to play one of my + games on Vita today and panicked when it said it had expired, as I should be subbed up for another year or so. Turned on my PS3 and the same - all my games had expired, but I checked my sub and it doesn't expire until July 2014.
Someone told me that if I re-download all my games (even if I cancel the download after it's started) that they should all work again - but as I have a LOT of IGC games this would be a massive hassle.
Anyone know why my games expired and if there's anything I can do to 'unexpire' them all in one hit?

Gadirok

Crap I have some strange feeling that US for sure won't be getting Assassins Creed 3 and instead will end up with Arkham City. Really hope that isin't true since personally I'd prefer Assassins Creed 3 as I haven't played it yet.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm insanely jealous of these US + sales, there's about 15 games I'd want to buy at those prices!

So I just tried to play one of my + games on Vita today and panicked when it said it had expired, as I should be subbed up for another year or so. Turned on my PS3 and the same - all my games had expired, but I checked my sub and it doesn't expire until July 2014.
Someone told me that if I re-download all my games (even if I cancel the download after it's started) that they should all work again - but as I have a LOT of IGC games this would be a massive hassle.
Anyone know why my games expired and if there's anything I can do to 'unexpire' them all in one hit?
The expiration date doesn't automatically update itself, you have to update the license files after purchasing a new sub to update the expiration date. Unfortunately, the only way to update licenses is to start up the download for the game and wait a few seconds for the Activating screen to disappear. When that screen pops away you can cancel the download and start playing the game again.

I'm sure Skullgirls is fine if you're into fighting games (which I'm not), but Tokyo Jungle is such a unique and fun experience that I can't help but recommend it. One of my favorite PSN games, and one of the few that lives permanently on my rather small hard drive.

Dammit, you're going to make me buy a $20 PSN card.

Roto13

Bought Tokyo Jungle and Dragon Fantasy because I'm just interested enough in Dragon Fantasy to pay $2.50 for it.

Also there's some new free to play Pinball thing I'll download.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Referral bonuses for PS+ signups.

Came in an email. This is the site it links to:
32El6xD.png

khaaan

Wasn't only the Vita version of Machinarium supposed to be free right now? I searched it up and it took me to the PS3 version which was listed as free, this was before I logged in with my PSN account.

You guys got dozens of good PS3 and Vita games, IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?!

I'd rather have the sales. It's not likely to be a popular opinion, I'd rather buy games at a huge discount than download a few games, most of which I either own or have already played, for free through plus.

Massa

I'd rather have the sales. It's not likely to be a popular opinion, I'd rather buy games at a huge discount than download a few games, most of which I either own or have already played, for free through plus.

Same here.

That said, EU has some great sales. LBP Vita is going for a steal right now from what I heard.

Same here.

That said, EU has some great sales. LBP Vita is going for a steal right now from what I heard.

Yeah, LBP Vita is pretty much the only good Vita offering we've had all Summer. The rest of the Summer sale has been pretty poor too.

Not a patch on the various amazing US sales.

Tizoc

Is that Castle of Illusion deal still going on where you get the Genesis version if you pre-order the remake thing?

The pre-order bonus expires on the 3rd of September, so if you have the money for it grab it asap! Unless you are in EU PSN, otherwise wait til Thrusday or Wednesday~

kinda salty here about plus because they scammed me those 90 extra days out due to sloppy updates.

Support is not helpful and the blog ain't either.

hurzelein

Just bought:

Dragon Fantasy Book I
Tokyo Jungle
Journey

On a scale from 1-10, how many stars do you like me GAF?

You needed Journey to go on 3 Dollar something before you bought the Game of the Generation.

2/10

Kidding. Awesome sale! Bugs me that US gets the great sales and we get the great Plus Lineups. I prefer what I don't get I guess.

My god... I can't believe I ever thought Xbox Live Gold was reasonable

I have 6 months left (and 3 years before that I guess) and I ask myself the same for 5 months now. Sony really turned me from neutral to "I like Sony and I think MS is a badly run company".

So, with PS+, you get 'good' games, which you can play for as long as you're a PS+ member, at no additional cost? And it's only €60 a year (the cost of one new game)? What's the catch?

Top Bottom