• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Hasney

Somehow I don't think many people would complain if DC was put up next month.

Looking at all the posts above me, probably not. But hey, I'll have one bad month where they're having several so I can't really complain.

This months selection is utterly fantastic.

Driveclub is my game of the generation so far. I've put so many hours into it, more than in any game in recent years. I hope it becomes free on Plus even though I already bought it and the season pass, so more people can play it.

seady

I thought some of those like Guacamelee! and The Unfinished Swan were PS+ titles before.

I already have them in my library and I am pretty sure I never bought them.

MUnited83

For you.
I thought some of those like Guacamelee! and The Unfinished Swan were PS+ titles before.

I already have them in my library and I am pretty sure I never bought them.

Unfinished Swan wasn't. There was a free demo of sorts to PS+ subscribers, yeah. Guacamelee was indeed on Plus before, for PS3/Vita. The PS4 version is slightly different and not cross-buy.

Backlogger

I'm not super excited about this month's selections but I just beat Transistor last night so I am a few months behind on games from the last few months.

Guacamelee is a good game, its just not my cup of tea and I also already own it on PC.

Duster

Great month as a Vita owner.

Murasaki Baby and Hohokum are just the type of games I want on PS+ because I'm unlikely to buy them as they're the type of game I'll either love or play for about 10 minutes before uninstalling.
So if I love them great but if I don't get them I haven't really lost anything.

This coming month is going to be terrible! I spent $3.25 on a month of the service and I'm only getting licenses for four games I don't own yet. WTF? Sure, I might play them and enjoy them, but does anyone really think that's a fair exchange?

thor_another.gif

Except I get five licenses for games I don't own yet. Woe is me.

What's that, like 65¢ a game... when I could be spending that on... um... what can I buy for 65¢? Ramen?

RAIDEN1

Totally agree with Desu, on that this upcoming May PSN+ release is somewhat of a flop....here's hoping June is better! (Then again Batman is out then, so that'll go some way to counter a weak PSN + release schedule!)

Omerta

I don't see the point in that...

If you're genuinely into trophies you should want your score to reflect your dedication without tuhs filler-bullshit.

If you don't care about trophies, you don't care about this.

Same thing for the walking dead games. DING, gold trophy. DING, gold trophy. DING, gold trophy.

KyleCross

If you're genuinely into trophies you should want your score to reflect your dedication without tuhs filler-bullshit.

Same thing for the walking dead games. DING, gold trophy. DING, gold trophy. DING, gold trophy.

Would you like me to get off your lawn? I didn't mean to walk onto it.

To put it in a less assholish way: Many people like collecting, especially in video games. It's like the orbs in Crackdown. You just can't help it. I had actually broke away from them as I felt it was getting in my way too. I turned off trophy notifications and I went a good 2 years without even thinking about trophies... but now I'm slowly creeping back in. Trophy notifications are back on.

Omerta

You can do whatever you like on my lawn... Or other sentences that don't make sense.

If you like collecting meaningless trophies, more power to you.

Like I said, "I" don't see the point in that.

1. It's a free game
2. If the game is interesting enough I'll truck through it.

I've never once played a Ben 10 game or any licensed game (besides Lego games because I like them in small bursts) just to get easy trophies. Look at my PSN profile and you'll see how many games I've quit because I don't like them, and how I've only plat games I've enjoyed.

Sony is continuing their monthly trend of shitting the ps+ bed.

This gen has been so disappointing so far from the lack of new games, shitty ps+ games and Sony's current trend of horribad "sale" pricing.

Sony is continuing their monthly trend of shitting the ps+ bed.

This gen has been so disappointing so far from the lack of new games, shitty ps+ games and Sony's current trend of horribad "sale" pricing.

Sony has had some great sales on PSN games. Look at the Golden Week sale.

Isn't it mostly up to the publishers anyway?

Omerta

I'm not fussed what individual people do... Its 2015, do what you like.

Like I said (and I'll stop with this post because it's detailing the thread):

PERSONALLY, I believe that cheap trophies undercut the integrity of the whole currency.

If you value attaining high level trophies that literally pop at the end of a chapter that requires no skill, the walking dead and (seemingly) Ether One will really float your boat.

Furthermore, I think it almost detracts from the (absolutely excellent) immersive experience to be found in the walking dead.

Those are my thoughts, they are my own and I don't see them as a universal truth in anyway... Horses for courses.

Tactica

Neo Member
I have started to look at PS Plus Instant Game Collection as a Lootcrate type of thing. I'm more than willing to be a member and pay 0,69 € per game for a year not knowing what I will get. For that price, I'm not expecting much.

I do admit, that pre-PS4 era, the IGC lineup was better in overall quality, but I still feel I'm getting my money's worth.

Personally I'm not even looking to get full retail games as I buy them all for my PS4 collection, so the digital only games are fine to me. I do fully expect that Driveclub will be a full game when it comes to IGC at some point(E3?)

I'm not fussed what individual people do... Its 2015, do what you like.

Like I said (and I'll stop with this post because it's detailing the thread):

PERSONALLY, I believe that cheap trophies undercut the integrity of the whole currency.

If you value attaining high level trophies that literally pop at the end of a chapter that requires no skill, the walking dead and (seemingly) Ether One will really float your boat.

Furthermore, I think it almost detracts from the (absolutely excellent) immersive experience to be found in the walking dead.

Those are my thoughts, they are my own and I don't see them as a universal truth in anyway... Horses for courses.

Integrity? lol. There is no integrity to the "currency," never has been and it's impossible to give them integrity. Some games are easy, some games are hard, some trophy lists are easy and some trophy lists are literally impossible. Their worth is entirely subjective.

Personally, I only collect trophies because I'm a completionist. 100% or platinum means I'm done and can move onto the next game. I'll play Ether One because it looks interesting and it's free, just like I did with MonsterBag last month. The trophies are just a side bonus.

Well, shit. I actually just fully finished The Unfinished Swan today. (Heh, it sounds funny to say.)

It was a really swell little experience that was able to get so much out of the fantastic mechanic that the developers created. With a decent story, amazing visual design, and some neat after-game content if you find all the balloons, The Unfinished Swan should please a lot of gamers this month.

I'm really looking forward to trying Hohokum, Ether One and Unfinished Swan. Honestly the best month for me since November (BoI, Steamworld Dig, Luftrausers). There were good months in between but I already bought and/or played most of the good games.

Jimrpg

What was the last full retail game we had on plus?
Injustice?

Now I see that game as something Sony put up to make sure subscribers continued for another year. I agreed with people at the time, but I also said we'd have to wait and see, and it's pretty obvious they've gone back to giving out indie games now because it's cheaper for them to do so.

Now I see that game as something Sony put up to make sure subscribers continued for another year. I agreed with people at the time, but I also said we'd have to wait and see, and it's pretty obvious they've gone back to giving out indie games now because it's cheaper for them to do so.

There were two major retail games in April. You know, last month.

They are probably talking about the PS4's offerings.

Yeah, but the PS4 has always had indie games as standard, from literally the very first month, so there's no reason why anyone should expect anything more than that.

It's one of those things where people have their argument and don't want to let facts get in the way.

Hasney

Yeah but I was talking about ps4 ps plus subscribers. They announced injustice and infamous first light early to make sure people continued their subscription.

Right, so Injustice is the one retail game and one budget small adventure about the size of an indie game that came out on a disc in Europe for some reason. They're the only ones that have ever existed so if you're expecting more, you really should look back to historical data and cancel your sub if it's not good enough. I really don't see it changing this year.

Yeah, but the PS4 has always had indie games as standard, from literally the very first month, so there's no reason why anyone should expect anything more than that.

It's one of those things where people have their argument and don't want to let facts get in the way.

Yes indeed, and for the first year people accepted that. But after the announcement of Injustice and inFamous expectations rose. They also see that Japanese users received Killzone. So now there are reasons why people are expecting retail titles (maybe not monthly, but at least once in a while).

Hasney

When I saw Killzone, my expectations dropped. Knacks pretty good but that games a turd.

Hopefully that's only for a month when there's no indie games coming out that are willing to be on the service.

Yes indeed, and for the first year people accepted that. But after the announcement of Injustice and inFamous expectations rose. They also see that Japanese users received Killzone. So now there are reasons why people are expecting retail titles (maybe not monthly, but at least once in a while).

If peoples' expectations rose because of one retail title in 18 months, then they've only got themselves to blame for their disappointment really.

Quick question - does anyone else have problems when trying to access PS Store in their web browser?

I get that "Site not available" error message both on Firefox and on Chrome.

Edit: and it's been happening for the last couple of days, so I doubt it's some kind of maintenance.

iGBQ202.jpg

Quick question - does anyone else have problems when trying to access PS Store in their web browser?

Edit: and it's been happening for the last couple of days, so I doubt it's some kind of maintenance.

Fine for me, opening Aus store in Australia on Chrome.

works fine here. try incognito mode or clear cookies maybe?

works fine here. try incognito mode or clear cookies maybe?
Hm, doesn't work, and I've tried both incognito mode and clearing the cookies.

Edit: just realized that I can't connect to PSN on PS4 and Vita, so it's probably some router problem. And it worked fine last time when I turned on PS4 couple of days ago. I hate problems like these >.>

MMaRsu

Own Guacamelee from one of those mega sales awhile back... and it was basically on Plus already once..

the rest I could give 2 shits about.. so little in fact I probably won't even bother to add to my download list. I mean, honestly there's just not a lot out there at this point to put up.. but this is 2 terrible months in a row.

I know people people had the whole "everything indie" thing.. but lately it seems the worst kind of indie is what's always landing on plus.. all style over substance indie.

Guacamelee is a good game.. no doubt.. but double dipped plus as your best offering is bush.

Your tag serves you well sir. Hohokum and Unfinished Swan are amazing games.

frizby

Too many dumb posts to choose from, so I won't pick any one in particular to quote.

The average metacritic score on the 5 PS4 games this month is in the low 80s. Average. In the 80s.

Get some perspective people.

Top Bottom