• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

What's Asia PS+ for this month?

Japan:
We still don't know. They should be announced on Japan's PS Blog here before the title rotation on Wednesday.

We know from this page that Trials Fusion for PS4, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for PS3, and Atelier Totori for Vita are 3 of the PS+ games, but this isn't the entire lineup.

Rest of Asia:
lineup is out, coming May 7:

Aaru's Awakening PS4/PS3
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth PS4/Vita
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition PS4
Hohokum PS4/PS3/Vita
Murasaki Baby Vita
Race the Sun PS4/PS3/Vita
Tower of Guns PS4 (I think PS3 version is included, lineup has PS4 twice)
The Unfinished Swan PS4/PS3/Vita

Race The Sun is a great game. Played it for about an hour before bed, got in the leader board for the day (~500 lol). I appreciate the challenges being attainable and at the same time teaching you what you need to do to get better.

My only complaint is that powerups are locked behind some challenges, but it might be too much to have all those beams of light from the start...

Race the Sun is kind of okay, but the structure is rubbish.

You can't achieve high scores until you reach level 25 because all the power-ups are locked away. Then when you reach level 25 it feels like there's nothing left to play for because all the unlocks are finished so it instantly becomes really boring and so you won't play much for high scores anyway.

Vaga

Web store gives me the "site not available" message on chrome, works on firefox though.

Man, fuck chrome sometimes.

Hasney

Web store gives me the "site not available" message on chrome, works on firefox though.

Man, fuck chrome sometimes.

That happens with all browsers now and again and clearing cookies sorts it. It's more Fuck PSN Webstore in that scenario.

Everything is freeee

049hWFL.png

EDIT: Putting things into the download queue from the web also works again

Have the Ether One devs not played a first person videogame in the last 20 years? Why the hell is there no invert Y option?

we were trying to get it in the day one patch but the logistics didn't work out and its a priority for us to update asap

Message I got from the devs, shouldn't be long now!

thenexus6

Are Hohokum, Race the Sun and Swan all cross play and save on vita and PS4?

^ Edit I read above - cool!

All are downloaded now apart from Hohokum which is still showing up at £9.99.. which to play first?!?!

Just purchased Ether One. I own all the other games this month but still think it's a great line up. Anyone with a Vita who likes weird games, please try Murasaki Baby.

dugdug

Banned
Man, I genuinely support indies, and, I never complain about the lack of AAA for PS+, but, Race the Sun is the first time I felt like I was playing a cheap mobile game on a console, and, not in a good way.

The Unfinished Swan is the first game in a long time for me that had me making audible wows. It is a way different game than I thought it was.

Siegmeyer

so much for me ever playing it then..

No need to be quite so dramatic, the dev has already popped in this thread to say it's hoping to be patched in on day 1.

I was just flabbergasted it even needed to be patched in. How did this not come up as soon as they started on the console port?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Man, I genuinely support indies, and, I never complain about the lack of AAA for PS+, but, Race the Sun is the first time I felt like I was playing a cheap mobile game on a console, and, not in a good way.
You're meant to play it on Vita, not PS4. It's just something for quick pick up and play sessions. It does what it does well enough.

dugdug

Banned
You're meant to play it on Vita, not PS4. It's just something for quick pick up and play sessions. It does what it does well enough.

I played it on Vita a little bit. The quick pick up and play thing doesn't really fly considering the loading times on that version. I get what you mean, though. It's kinda like Jetpack Joyride.

Zach

No need to be quite so dramatic, the dev has already popped in this thread to say it's hoping to be patched in on day 1.

I was just flabbergasted it even needed to be patched in. How did this not come up as soon as they started on the console port?

Baffling, but glad it's being fixed. I guess I'll try it down the road.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I played it on Vita a little bit. The quick pick up and play thing doesn't really fly considering the loading times on that version. I get what you mean, though. It's kinda like Jetpack Joyride.
That's true. I was quite taken back by the load times too. Very surprising for this type of game.

I often don't have any idea what I'm doing but Hohokum is pretty cool. The perfect Plus game

If you like great audio and art you should check it out. It's a bit like a 2D Flower, only weirder and with less direction and clear objectives.

panda-zebra

Hey, I'm one of the Ether One Devs - There was an issue with making the day 1 patch live, it will be up as soon as possible and fix all of these issues! Very sorry for the delay!

I just got this message so stay tuned :)

Oh there's a patch coming? Nice. The frame rate consistency is a little off-putting.

Had a few other little niggles and managed to mess up my save game :/ Fell out of map when you reach the top of the mine because I tried to look at the little waterfall to the right of the bridge. I again fell out of the map a little further on (after restarting) as I saw a guitar leaning on a tree over a fence, saw some items stacked up next to the fence, hopped from one to the other and then realised I probably shouldn't be there and teleported back. Stupid thing is I saved my game and now when I restart, even after quitting the game, when I teleport I'm in a blue nothingness underneath the world :D

Roxas

patch for Ether One is nearly as big as the game :/

i hope to goddddd is fixes some of the framerate issues. Turning around is like im driving a tank

thenexus6

Tried a little of Murasaki Baby, really don't like the controls too much but from what I hear its only a short game so hopefully isn't a problem.

panda-zebra

Ether One patch fixed my save game woes, the loading/saving icon is now a pinwheel instead of a white box and I can't be certain but it seems somewhat smoother. Can still go out of map quite easily though :)

Zach

I often don't have any idea what I'm doing but Hohokum is pretty cool. The perfect Plus game

If you like great audio and art you should check it out. It's a bit like a 2D Flower, only weirder and with less direction and clear objectives.

The lady friend loved it.

KiraXD

I would almost say its more Pixeljunk Eden than Flower... Speaking of... Eden was one of my favorite indie games on PS3... id love to see a PS4 re-release.

J Range

Anyone else experiencing loading screen crashes in ether one? Loading between memory sequences after the industrial area crashed. Crashes trying to load back up to continue game also.

Looks like that's that for ether 1.

Top Bottom