• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

robotnik

Looks like patch for Ether One didn't fix everything. Got corrupted save once and I can't place any item on one of the middle shelf in the base room. Nothing game breaking, but you can't receive Hoarder trophy without it.

Looks like patch for Ether One didn't fix everything. Got corrupted save once and I can't place any item on one of the middle shelf in the base room. Nothing game breaking, but you can't receive Hoarder trophy without it.

Ugh. I'm gonna skip it for now until the issues are fixed. This seems like a rushed release so it could be included in PS+.

eFKac

^^Unfortunately this seems the case with quite a few games debuting on PS+, still waiting for patches to Iron out the issues with Aaru's, Apotheon, etc. Devs seem to push 1 patch and move on to the next project.

Hope it's not the case with Ether One.

dorikyasu

I was excited to try out this month's PS+ games, but after playing them can't help but to feel disappointed. Already owning top two games (Guacamelee & Unfinished Swan) from previous sale did not help that either.
Ether One feels incomplete and tedious, Hohokum is confusing and pointless. Race the Sun is actually somewhat enjoyable.
Guess it's back to playing a random game from ever growing list of PS+ backlog.

^^Unfortunately this seems the case with quite a few games debuting on PS+, still waiting for patches to Iron out the issues with Aaru's, Apotheon, etc. Devs seem to push 1 patch and move on to the next project.

Hope it's not the case with Ether One.
They don't have gaf accounts but are on this page reading everyones feedback/problems. Apparently they are aware of most of these issues and are working hard to fix everything.

Gloggins

I've kinda had my fill of puzzle-based and artsy weird style-over-gameplay type games on PS+ :/ I'll give 'em a try though.

I see Hohokum is one of those arty games with no gameplay. Yeah I'm bored.

I'm not against "experience" focused games by any means - I really liked Unfinished Swan, for example - but holy crap I found Hohokum to be a bore when I played it last night.

There's "no gameplay" (something that games like Unfinished Swan or Gone Home get harshly labeled with), then there's no gameplay. It just felt like there was nothing going on in the game at all.

delSai

I've only played the Abe remaster for Psplus on PS4. Looks like that won't change for another month

Not even going to play Guac? It's amazing. If you havent played it already you should give it a try.

Also what kind of game is Ether One? One of those walking simulators?

I'm surprised how legitimately good race the sun is. I've been alternating between that and Guacamelee for the past day. Haven't touched Ether One, but it seriously sucks that Sony is rushing these games out in order to fill their monthly slate.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've only played the Abe remaster for Psplus on PS4. Looks like that won't change for another month

Ether One looks pretty damn good. Guacamelee is fucking amazing.

Maybe you should actually, I don't know, try the fucking games before deciding they're all shit? Play them and if necessary come back here and whine about how shit they are. But to just outright dismiss everything....ugh.

I'm surprised how legitimately good race the sun is. I've been alternating between that and Guacamelee for the past day. Haven't touched Ether One, but it seriously sucks that Sony is rushing these games out in order to fill their monthly slate.

I really like Race the Sun too. Suprisingly my favorite new game of the month (I played Guac before, so 2nd fav if you count that I guess.)

Cess007

Ether One looks pretty damn good. Guacamelee is fucking amazing.

Maybe you should actually, I don't know, try the fucking games before deciding they're all shit? Play them and if necessary come back here and whine about how shit they are. But to just outright dismiss everything....ugh.

I just want to actually knows what's Ether One about. I started it, but the slow movement and the sudden begin made me stop playing. I want to go back and give the game a fair chance.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Race the Sun is solid enough. My main complaint is just that the load times are too long for this type of game. It's the kind of game I just wanna pick up and play on Vita for a few minutes. The load times hurt that a bit. But I do enjoy the game.

delSai

I'm enjoying that one too. And it also got a great soundtrack. This really is the good music month of Ps+

Roxas

wow, so Ether one is so incredibly broken, even more so after the patch. what a mess. Its a shame because it seems like a kinda neat game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
wow, so Ether one is so incredibly broken, even more so after the patch. what a mess. Its a shame because it seems like a kinda neat game.
Easily the game I was most looking forward to playing. Dunno if I should wait on a patch or just give it a go now anyway and see how it is.

thenexus6

Jesus Hohokum is over 7GB! I will download that overnight. I got all but one trophy in Unfinished Swan, damn this game was so good.

Auctopus

Played some Hohokum. Can't say I enjoy the structureless progression, if you can even call it progression. Took me forever to get out of that ugly grey world but I enjoyed my time in the colourful worlds. Reminds me a lot of Everyday Shooter. It'll be a game to chill out to.

I also played Unfinished Swan. Amazing mechanic and some of the vistas/environments are excellent although I'm already feeling the repetition set in a bit. Game looks to be about the right length going by the chapter numbers.

Chopper

I spent alot of time with Hohokum when it first released. I thought it was awesome, ended up 100%ing it, and literally object to anyone proclaiming that it has no gameplay. It's quirky as fuck, but it's gorgeous and rewarding. Stick with it people.

Isn't the game supposed to be broken even after that patch?
I've played for around 4 hours after downloading the patch and so far I've not come across any major problems, just bits here and there - so far I've been able to do every puzzle I've come across (10) and the core narrative is working fine.

I think as long as you don't try to break things you'll be fine - I've decided to wait now until the weekend and then I'm going to keep going through it, cause it would suck for something to happen to my save now :p I've been told that another patch has been sent to Sony as well so fingers crossed!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've played for a few hours after downloading the patch and so far I've not come across any major problems, just bits here and there - so far I've been able to do every puzzle I've come across (10) and the core narrative is working fine.

I think as long as you don't try to break things you'll be fine - I've decided to wait now until the weekend and then I'm going to keep going through it, cause it would suck for something to happen to my save now :p
Cool. I'll probably give it a go tomorrow then.

I've played for around 4 hours after downloading the patch and so far I've not come across any major problems, just bits here and there - so far I've been able to do every puzzle I've come across (10) and the core narrative is working fine.

I think as long as you don't try to break things you'll be fine - I've decided to wait now until the weekend and then I'm going to keep going through it, cause it would suck for something to happen to my save now :p I've been told that another patch has been sent to Sony as well so fingers crossed!

Well I ran into some no clipping issues in the Harbour but worse than that, I lost most of the things I had stored on shelves. I had two shelves full (60 items) and now I have like 7 or 8. The items I had stored didn't return to the world.

I think the best way to enjoy Hohokum is to treat it like you're doodling on a piece of paper while waiting to do something. What are people's thoughts on the controls? Any suggestions for Vita? LR felt most natural to me.

eso76

Guacamelee is fantastic.
Always wanted to try it but never gotten around to doing so. I wouldn't have regretted purchasing it full price, but free is even better!

So well crafted and the OST so far has been amazing.

Great month for me. This, hohokum, unfinished swan and murasaki baby are all games I meant to buy sooner or later.

I spent alot of time with Hohokum when it first released. I thought it was awesome, ended up 100%ing it, and literally object to anyone proclaiming that it has no gameplay. It's quirky as fuck, but it's gorgeous and rewarding. Stick with it people.

I'm asking this honestly, not trying to be condescending/an ass: What is rewarding and fun about it for you?

I have very broad taste when it comes to games and it left me with a complete and utter "I don't get it" feeling after putting two hours into it. I like "experience" games but I didn't like it at all.

Gabe3208

Banned

Yea, I was just in one of the mines and my screen glitched, went black, and then the blue PS4 error screen popped up suggesting to check for problems :/

Not to mention the no-clipping in many random areas throughout the game, WTF?

Hohokum is bizarrely brilliant.

Quite therapeutic too at times. I don't mind there's no obvious objective. Most seem straight forward and it's not hard to interact with the world to find out what needs doing. It all works nicely.

Is Airmech not out for EU?

Matty77

Loving race the sun. Fits for the same game playing mood I get at times that leads me to play pinball, progressively challenging yet relaxing and minimum effort required.

Hohokum is one of those art things, won't play all the time but on medicine day( all prescribed doctor regimented on a 3 day cycle) probably play it while the painkillers kick in.

Unfinished Swan is awesome and specifically the type of game I have plus for to begin with, an experience I have wanted to have since they first announced, yet something I would never have paid for since being on a fixed income I usually have to buy for game elements and content over emotional resonance.

Personally I like this month a lot.

Chopper

I'm asking this honestly, not trying to be condescending/an ass: What is rewarding and fun about it for you?

I have very broad taste when it comes to games and it left me with a complete and utter "I don't get it" feeling after putting two hours into it. I like "experience" games but I didn't like it at all.
Well apart from the fact I found the game totally gorgeous and engrossing; it has a pretty substantial map that encourages exploration. Not only do you have to complete objectives in order to unlock your "friends", you need to work out what those objectives actually are. I loved it, and didn't play anything else until I nailed all trophies.

PuffyCan

Am I the only one seeing the ad for new games monthly with Infamous: first light, the swapper, prototype 2, ducktales, duke nukem on the playstation plus page of the store??? Infamous and the swapper are marked as free for ps plus users..
CEXLE6cWYAAcBUQ.jpg

Not sure what to feel about Ether One. The game feels slow and not quite as well done as it should be, in terms of narrative and graphical polish. But I just played the first real puzzle (the door code) before shutting down and hitting the bed. Good idea for a game, and I'll continue playing definitely.

DrkSage

I broke Ether one :( jumped on top of a table, clipped trough it and now I can't get out. Tried exiting and reloading the file but Im still appearing inside the table. Gonna have to start again :(

Tagg9

Not sure what to feel about Ether One. The game feels slow and not quite as well done as it should be, in terms of narrative and graphical polish. But I just played the first real puzzle (the door code) before shutting down and hitting the bed. Good idea for a game, and I'll continue playing definitely.

If anyone here has played the PC version, can they say how it compares? I'm assuming everything's the same, just with a few minor performance issues (and clipping bugs).

If anyone here has played the PC version, can they say how it compares? I'm assuming everything's the same, just with a few minor performance issues (and clipping bugs).

the PC version was built on UE3 and this one is UE4. that might be the cause of many problems

this thing is a buggy mess right now, I'm going to wait until they put out a few more patches for this thing because it feels like the game is still in beta. lost progression, corrupted saves, clipping/falling through the environment with no way to respawn.

basically a nightmare if you wanted a nice quick platinum trophy. http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/ether-one/265789-piece-crud-sigh.html

Top Bottom