• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Easily the game I was most looking forward to playing. Dunno if I should wait on a patch or just give it a go now anyway and see how it is.

Ether One looks pretty damn good. Guacamelee is fucking amazing.

Maybe you should actually, I don't know, try the fucking games before deciding they're all shit? Play them and if necessary come back here and whine about how shit they are. But to just outright dismiss everything....ugh.

Maybe give it a quick play to see ;)

cyba89

There seems to be an interesting game behind Ether One. Too bad it's a technical mess right now.Sony should ensure that their Plus-offerings are polished to a certain degree, but that's the risk when you put a game on Plus on release day. They should have released it a month or so later.

Hohokum is very good and relaxing. Murasaki Baby seems nice and Race The Sun is okay. so it's a better month for me than the last, when I only really played Monster Bag.

If anyone here has played the PC version, can they say how it compares? I'm assuming everything's the same, just with a few minor performance issues (and clipping bugs).

I played the PC version a year ago and encountered 1 bug, which I was shocked at cause the team is very small :p but using unreal 4 + working with PS4 is a slightly different beast :p

I've only encountered 2 major bugs so far, a couple of random crashes (which hasn't corrupted my save so I was able to load back in to where I was) and I got a random framerate drop in the
Industrial area
, however going back to the menu and re-loading fixed that for me.

There are a good few places where there is no collision, and you can get permanently stuck if you do run off into the ocean or run through some of the rocks leading up to the next area.

So yeah it's easy for me to say cause I know where to go and how to solve the puzzles (which are very hard once you get into it!) but as long as you don't try to jump on and over things & run into every wall/rock/railing etc you come across you should be ok, I've been lucky so far with the corrupted save issues as I haven't had any.

Oh yeah and the loading screens can take longer than bloodborne pre-patch :p even the spinning pinwheel freezes at times, just leave it and it will load, I swear!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Started my downloads last night, but only had about half an hour overall to screw around before going to bed.

Race the Sun was the only game that fully installed of the bunch, and I feel that the concept would've been a hit back in the old Atari days. To me it's more of a "time waster", but even then I'd rather reach for a shmup instead. Wound up deleting it, although if it's cross buy with Vita, I can see it being a nice addition to my collection on that system.

Watched videos of the other offerings, and Hohokum looks great. Unfinished Swan looks very interesting as does Ether. Hopefully I can check them out tonight.

Hohokum is brilliant. My favourite PS+ title since BoI. I don't understand the "no gameplay" comments. Pretty much every screen has some kind of puzzle for you to solve and it just oozes sytle and charm. It's not just some playground/tool, there's actually something to do here. It doesn't have more or less gameplay than something like Flower, but I guess some people didn't like that either.

I made a quick video that shows one of the puzzles and one of the fantastic little clips you get as a reward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13lF2PTKzZI&feature=youtu.be

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Just got all the trophies for Never Alone. Bad game. Plays terribly. It plays like a re-skinned Max Curse of Brotherhood. Ori proves you can produce good gameplay with Unity. Devs need to put more time into it.

Chopper

Just got all the trophies for Never Alone. Bad game. Plays terribly. It plays like a re-skinned Max Curse of Brotherhood. Ori proves you can produce good gameplay with Unity. Devs need to put more time into it.
I enjoyed it. I didn't think it played terribly at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. It was too short to outstay its welcome, but I thought what there is of it was gorgeous and original enough to warrant my time.

I spent alot of time with Hohokum when it first released. I thought it was awesome, ended up 100%ing it, and literally object to anyone proclaiming that it has no gameplay. It's quirky as fuck, but it's gorgeous and rewarding. Stick with it people.

I love the style and charm, but for me it didn't have enough structure or guidance. I like messing around with stuff, but sooner or later I need the game to show me what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

I do intend to return to it some time and give it another shot.

Hasney

I love the style and charm, but for me it didn't have enough structure or guidance. I like messing around with stuff, but sooner or later I need the game to show me what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

Ooo, you've just sold me on trying that first. love games that don't tell me what I should be doing.

Ooo, you've just sold me on trying that first. love games that don't tell me what I should be doing.

It's great, you shouldn't be disappointed. Excellent soundtrack too.

Edit: I really wish the Hohokum dashboard theme was better, whoever designs the themes for the ps4 should be fired out of a cannon into the sun.

Meltsi

Neo Member
Ugh, ether one has some íssues with audio and it loads way too much. Still it is kinda interesting adventure, gonna continue sometime

Astral

I'm pretty much only enjoying Unfinished Swan right now. Hohokum feels pointless, Race the Sun is ok at best, Ether One is kinda boring, and I already own Guacamelee. I'm dying for something to play too. I can tell I'm already about to beat Unfinished Swan.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm pretty much only enjoying Unfinished Swan right now. Hohokum feels pointless, Race the Sun is ok at best, Ether One is kinda boring, and I already own Guacamelee. I'm dying for something to play too. I can tell I'm already about to beat Unfinished Swan.
I started Unfinished Swan and I think it's really boring. You're literally just walking around throwing paint at everything so you can see where you're going. Doesn't seem interesting or fun to me. Probably worse than Hohokum since at least Hohokum sounds fantastic and is pretty.

I also started playing Ether One and I'm really impressed. Having a lot of fun just exploring and figuring things out. Seems like a really well designed game.

Zomba13

So yeah, Hohokum is great. So weird and pretty and I love that are are thrown into these worlds and left to work out what to do and what the stories of these people/creatures might be.

The Unfinished Swan seems cool too. Just finished Chapter 1 but I need to dig a bit deeper.

Race The Sun doesn't feel that great. Its not bad but it just feels like any other endless runner where you just keep doing tasks from a list of 3 to level up to do more tasks.

Ether One seems kinda interesting but it's so slow moving around.

Guacamelee is fantastic and I might end up playing through it again even though I finished it at launch on PS3.

Is it just me or can I not find a camera inversion setting in Ether One? I couldn't play more than one minute of this game before getting frustrated.

Ether One looks pretty damn good. Guacamelee is fucking amazing.

Maybe you should actually, I don't know, try the fucking games before deciding they're all shit? Play them and if necessary come back here and whine about how shit they are. But to just outright dismiss everything....ugh.

I'm on my way to Platinum Sly 4 and Kingdoms of Amalur. These ps4 games just pale in comparison, Ether One DOES look good though but I heard the launch is a mess. The Abe remaster was a classic from the PSX days.

Matty77

I started Unfinished Swan and I think it's really boring. You're literally just walking around throwing paint at everything so you can see where you're going. Doesn't seem interesting or fun to me.
It seems that way at first, but if you push on the mechanics change and freshen things up. It's still just exploration but really interesting. Don't want to give too much away but I will say you should at least keep going until your throwing something other than ink, if you still don't enjoy it than put it a down, but it's more than a one trick pony.

I started Unfinished Swan and I think it's really boring. You're literally just walking around throwing paint at everything so you can see where you're going. Doesn't seem interesting or fun to me. Probably worse than Hohokum since at least Hohokum sounds fantastic and is pretty.

I also started playing Ether One and I'm really impressed. Having a lot of fun just exploring and figuring things out. Seems like a really well designed game.

i wasn't in love with US like a lot of people, but the gameplay mechanics are different in each chapter

Codiox

Race the sun is pretty cool. Love games you can pick up and play for some minutes. Feels like an arcade game like the old days.

Codiox

Jesus what a fucking mess is ether one???

Im 2min in and can break the game to fall through the map. And I can repeat it every time.

Cess007

I just finished last month's game, Never Alone. Lovely, lovely game, even if the game mechanics weren't as polished as i wished. Still loved it. I remember playing the demo of Unfinished Swam on the PS3, i guess i will give it a try again on the PS4.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Jesus what a fucking mess is ether one???

Im 2min in and can break the game to fall through the map. And I can repeat it every time.

I did a YT video of the first 20 minutes, and one of the devs left a comment saying "We will have a patch available in the next few days that will fix a lot of bugs"

Codiox

I did a YT video of the first 20 minutes, and one of the devs left a comment saying "We will have a patch available in the next few days that will fix a lot of bugs"

I just installed a big patch (couple of GBs), I don't think it will fix this. Will see.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Race the sun is pretty cool. Love games you can pick up and play for some minutes. Feels like an arcade game like the old days.

This game got dismissed, downplayed by some in another thread...but this is like a nice surprise. I like it.

Its the first game we all played when I downloaded all the PS+ games this month and the one we played the most. And its one of the few times the entire family has played a game together....usually its just me and the kids.

I put in several hours into Race the Sun on PC. I think it's a quality game, It's not without flaws but definitely nice. I'm new to Vita but can I play custom soundtrack with this?

Gabe3208

Banned
Why is it that my PS4 shows 2 free games, but it doesn't let me download the other free games? I know they are platform specific and whatnot, but I was able to go to the PS Store on my phone and send both The Unfinished Swan and Race the Sun to my PS4, and I can now play them on there.

Why is it I can only do this on the PS Store online, but not through the PS4's store?

And so with regards to PS Plus, anyone who's had it for a few years basically has no games to show for if they no longer still own a PS3, right? WTF is this, so weird.

Why is it that my PS4 shows 2 free games, but it doesn't let me download the other free games? I know they are platform specific and whatnot, but I was able to go to the PS Store on my phone and send both The Unfinished Swan and Race the Sun to my PS4, and I can now play them on there.

Why is it I can only do this on the PS Store online, but not through the PS4's store?

And so with regards to PS Plus, anyone who's had it for a few years basically has no games to show for if they no longer still own a PS3, right? WTF is this, so weird.

I go through the PS4 store for games that are part of plus' offering but not advertised on the PS+ free games tab.

Just go through the "digital games" tab in the store and find the title, it should say "free" for the price and dl it.

WoodWERD

Is anyone still having issues with auto-downloads? I've got everything enabled but nothing actually downloads until I fire up the PS4 from rest mode. I'm guessing this is because I'm in China on a US account?

Chopper

Is anyone still having issues with auto-downloads? I've got everything enabled but nothing actually downloads until I fire up the PS4 from rest mode. I'm guessing this is because I'm in China on a US account?
I've had this issue lately. I'm in the UK, with a UK account. It's quite annoying.

Waow, Murasaki Baby is a great game !!

of course really short ( really, really really ) but waow, i enjoyed it.

Maybe the devs are making a bigger game for PS4 ? can be interesting

Ether One seemed interesting but it's really not very polished. The lack of inverted controls makes it unplayable for me

I saw this mentioned a few times yesterday, but I found an 'inverted look' option under options>controls? I can't really play games without inverted Y so was worried that it wasn't an option to change it.

I saw this mentioned a few times yesterday, but I found an 'inverted look' option under options>controls? I can't really play games without inverted Y so was worried that it wasn't an option to change it.

I think it was patched in the EU version but not in the US, among other things

Top Bottom