• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Celegus

I know I suck at puzzle-y games, but I kind of feel like a complete failure for getting stuck in Unfinished Swan on the second chapter (scaffolding). Maybe a fresh look at it tonight will help.

So, I'm trying to finish as many smaller games as I can before Destiny releases House of Wolves (which might negate my opinion, I now realize) and this weekend I managed to finish The Unfinished Swan.

It really is a piece of art; truly one of the better gaming experiences I've had in awhile.

And now if anyone dares bash this game, you will get a disapproving scowl from me in your general direction. You've been warned.

Wow, Hohokum caught me completely off guard. Was moderately excited about trying it since I couldn't figure out what it was or if there is anything really to 'do' in it. Started today and lost track of time, poured more than a couple of hours into it before I had to stop and now I can't wait to go back. Absolutely loved to move around and do those small puzzles. I don't think it's just simply an audiovisual experience at all; I felt very engaged playing it. Very surprised, pleasantly so.

The Unfinished Swan I thought about picking up a couple of times before so can't wait to sink some time into that too.

JonnyKong

I'm really enjoying Race to the sun, but my god it's hard!

Region 6 is the furthest I can get. I'm upto level 14. I don't seem to be improving my skills, it's just luck half the time!

And screw trying that harder level I unlocked.

GeeTeeCee

I enjoyed Murasaki Baby on the whole, even if the touch controls irritated me a little during some of the more elaborate puzzles. Short enough that it didn't overstay its welcome, and I didn't know
Akira Yamaoka
had worked on the game so that was a nice surprise at the end.

I'm intrigued by Ether One but after all these horror stories of lost progress etc I might wait.

robotnik

Ether one: EU, second patch.

First of all I was loaded not in the place I saved and received trophy for restoring five projectors. Twist is I don't remember restoring five of them. After that game crashed twice in like 10 minutes.
This was probably last time when I booted this crap.

First of all I was loaded not in the place I saved and received trophy for restoring five projectors. Twist is I don't remember restoring five of them. After that game crashed twice in like 10 minutes.

That seems like the most broken PS+ release so far. And US hasn't even gotten the first patch. What a mess.

I want my money back

The Either one devs are posting on PlayStation trophies.

Hey guys,

Sorry about the lack of updates - been a little busy here today and I'll reply to everyone as soon as I can.

I just wanted to drop in and say that the European patch should now be live (v1.02) and we're considering all bugs fixed. However if you guys notice anything then please do let us know and we'll be sure to get another fix in line.

This is another 3gb update unfortunately - This was needed because we had to realign the file system to improve load times and we were one patch behind the US & Canada guys so we have to sync them both back up. We are definitely going to ensure that all future patches are much smaller and we're aware that some of you have limited download speeds and data so we're extremely sorry if this puts pressure on you.

Thank you again guys for all the awesome help this week - we'll continue to update and answer questions until everything settles down so be sure to keep me updated with how you find progress! & if you're in the US we will try our HARDEST to push it through tonight (this afternoon for you). Sorry I don't have any specifics though!

NHale

Playing Murasaki Baby is such a bummer because underneath the mess that are the controls there is actually a good game with nice puzzles and good use of various "powers".

Unfortunately a game requiring precision should never, never, never use touch controls and in this case it shows once again how terrible is that combination. Backtouch + turning Vita upside down + touchpad on the front = frustrating situation because more often than not something will not work as intended and you feel upset because the shitty controls killed you not the lack of skill.

Removing the backtouch use would be a nice way to start (just have those colors selectable with a touch on the front screen, better than scrolling through all of them to find the right one with the backtouch).

Maybe they got some help from XDev if they used every Vita feature but if they didn't they missed a great opportunity. It's sad because bad games you end up not caring about them but this one could have been a good game. Sadly it's just a mess.

2thepoint

Does anybody have a PSN trial code?

Doing exams all week and was sitting on Battlefield: Hardline.

Didn't realize my PS Plus had expired? :(

Calcium

Banned
Playing Murasaki Baby is such a bummer because underneath the mess that are the controls there is actually a good game with nice puzzles and good use of various "powers".

Unfortunately a game requiring precision should never, never, never use touch controls and in this case it shows once again how terrible is that combination. Backtouch + turning Vita upside down + touchpad on the front = frustrating situation because more often than not something will not work as intended and you feel upset because the shitty controls killed you not the lack of skill.

Removing the backtouch use would be a nice way to start (just have those colors selectable with a touch on the front screen, better than scrolling through all of them to find the right one with the backtouch).

Agreed. Murasaki Baby was a pretty fun game experience that was severely hindered by the controls. I do disagree on the Twisted Twins level, though. That was the one level where everything worked for me and it was pretty fun. The only problem I had was using backtouch and occasionally getting the kid to move was a pain in the ass.

I hope I can find the time to play through Ether One, Unfinished Swan and maybe Guacamelee. I don't want to throw them in my backlog.

illusionary

Seen another patch for Ether One land. Is it worth going through now?

Well, the patch broke all of my save files... but it does at least mean that the platinum's achievable now.

Fortunately I wasn't too far into the game (I got back to where I was in about half an hour), so I'm giving it one more chance.

Oddly, the five projectors trophy topped for me shortly after resotring the first of my new post-patch game. I'd only restored one in my earlier file. It seems that I'm not alone either: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5146141-post25.html

androvsky

Quick question, my Plus expires tomorrow. I probably can't resub or won't resub yet.

Will my cloud saves be gone?
They're supposed to keep them for at least six months. You won't be able to access the cloud saves until you resub, but they should be there when you do.

Pupo

Account sharing is still available although they have reduced the number of systems to two of each kind, i.e. 2 PS4, 2 PS3 and 2 PSP/PSV.
Really? but i logged in with my friend's account on my ps4, downloaded olli olli, logged with my account (primary) and the console said I'm not eligible because i don't bought the game, what I'm doing wrong?

Does Murasaki Baby not have any trophies? I've already beaten or.
But I don't even see a trophy list in the menu.
There is a bug preventing some players from unlocking trophies. I got all of them myself, but I read in the big PS+ thread that other players had issues with it.

shmoglish

Really? but i logged in with my friend's account on my ps4, downloaded olli olli, logged with my account (primary) and the console said I'm not eligible because i don't bought the game, what I'm doing wrong?

Your console needs to be primary console for the Account, so you can play the games on/offline and with your own account. Your friends needs to be online and logged in with the "buyers" account, otherwise he wont be able to play his games.

That's not sharing like the old times =d

Sharing "like old times" doesn't work anymore. 2 PS4s can be attached to one account, and only one of them can be set as "primary". The primary console can play games on all other accounts on the system, the other can only play them when it's logged in to the shared account.

Pupo

So if i want to share my games with him, he need my account as primary on his PS4 and if i want his games, i need his account as primary on my PS4, something like that?

Bluenose

Neo Member

I had to replay the whole game with my vita "offline" in airplane mode and they then popped. Not sure if this is the only fix, but i read it somewhere and it worked for me.

Joni

For me, I had to start the game, close it, and then start it again to earn Trophies. First trophy should pop during first five minutes so you know if it works or not.
In any case, there is something wrong with the Plus version according to developers.

NeoRausch

There is a bug preventing some players from unlocking trophies. I got all of them myself, but I read in the big PS+ thread that other players had issues with it.

I had to replay the whole game with my vita "offline" in airplane mode and they then popped. Not sure if this is the only fix, but i read it somewhere and it worked for me.

For me, I had to start the game, close it, and then start it again to earn Trophies. First trophy should pop during first five minutes so you know if it works or not.
In any case, there is something wrong with the Plus version according to developers.

Thanks for the info! Gonna try some of your tips. It's a fast one to replay.

Grady

These games are not very good. Hopefully we start getting retail games soon. Did not mind the indie games at first, now they are getting tiring.

Kunan

These games are not very good. Hopefully we start getting retail games soon. Did not mind the indie games at first, now they are getting tiring.
Try guac. I'm disappointed in the bugs of ether one, and I thought race the sun was dull, but I'm enjoying playing guac with my buddy despite already playing the original. They added some new stuff to mix it up!

Top Bottom