• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

NHale

So there is the 50% off of one year PS+ if you pre order Driveclub in EU and there is the promotion where you get three months free if you get an one year subscription till sometimes in september.

Is there any way to make use of both promotions? Currently I'm only on a free trial of PS+ and have Driveclub preordered so I should be getting my 50% discount voucher when I get Driveclub and the PS4.
But what if I subscribe now? Can I then use that voucher from Driveclub after my 12+3 months subscription runs out?

Yes. You can stack subscriptions with the exception of trial 30 days codes.

SiRatul

Obviously can't say for sure without seeing the voucher, but you can probably use that Driveclub voucher whenever.

You can buy an extension to your PS+ subscription at any point (even if you already have it). Presumably, you could also use the voucher immediately when you recieve it to extend your sub, or later when your sub expires.

Yes. You can stack subscriptions with the exception of trial 30 days codes.

Great to know. Thanks for the reply guys.

hurzelein

Is this a joke? Jak Daxter Trilogy Ps3 still free to buy! Just bought it a couple seconds ago, no expiration date! Means I just bought the normal version for free!!?!

Also Cross Buy Vita Version for free=blast.

Will propably never play them them as I have so many memories I dont want to destroy, but still... awesome!

Benedict

Renewed my PS+ for 1 year + 3 months.
Now my subscription ends in august 2016
3AQmK.gif

jcm

Are they doing maintenance today? I can't log into MU or the store via web browser. I'm getting "Bad Gateway The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."

Tizoc

Are they doing maintenance today? I can't log into MU or the store via web browser. I'm getting "Bad Gateway The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server."

I've been having similar issues too, tried to log in for my brother to play FF14 but it kept giving a DNS error.

Silky

Banned
Oh. That site link is broke. Apparently, Resi Evil Chronicles HD, Ico, Rayman Origins Vita, and GTA: Liberty City Stories is free for PS+ in NA.

Caode

I renewed mine the other day. I was a PS Plus member from day one but I let it run down in February and the plan was always to renew it in time for the PS4 launch. I went ahead and did that on Tuesday and got the 1 year plus 3 months free.. and I was instantly reminded why I love PS Plus so much.

€49.99 and instant access to

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Spec Ops: The Line
Saint's Row the Third
ICO HD
Shadow of the Colossus HD
Mafia 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

..and being able to download the Jak and Daxter Trilogy the following day.

The value of those together is well over the asking price of Plus alone.

On top of that being able to instantly re-download everything I already had from PS Plus before it expired. I just don't understand people who are still sceptical of PlayStation Plus. It alone is going to be keeping my PS3 hooked in along side the PS4 for years to come.

IGN says these are for September (NA)..

Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PSP)
ICO HD (PS3)
Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
Rayman Origins (Vita)

Celegus

Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
ICO HD (PS3)
Rayman Origins (Vita)

Doesn't come close to EU as usual, but I'm totally cool with that if it's true. Haven't played any of those, and another great game for my someday-Vita.

Eusis

Glad I held off of Rayman Origins then, though it helped I got it on PS3 instead during the Christmas sale or whatever event put it at $10-ish last year.

Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
ICO HD (PS3)
Rayman Origins (Vita)

Rayman Origins was on sale a few weeks ago, some people are going to be mad if true.

Edit: Already confirmed.

Already brought Origins on the previous sale so it was kinda disappointing to see it free this month. Ah well, it is a great game so those who didn't buy it can now enjoy it :)

And as usual, we get another PSP game but thankfully this time it is a decent one i.e Liberty City Stories. The PS3 freebies suck this month.

lucius

Would like to play ICO again in HD, but I just bought RE Chronicles, at least not a total loss for me this month.

Galaga Legions DX (PSN)
ICO HD (PS3)
Rayman Origins (Vita)

I hope this is true. I STILL haven't played ICO, and rayman origins and Liberty City Stories will fit right in on my new Vita.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The game of the month for Sept seems a bit weak : / I'd rather have AC3 than REC:HD.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I already have rayman but never played ICO so will check that out for sure. Also be nice to have Resident Evil collection if I ever get itch again. Also like GTA for the vita so solid month for me. Better than a lot of recent months for me.

Tucah

you speak so well
Chronicles HD, fuck yes.

In a related note, I own the Ico/SotC HD collection and have still never played Ico even though I love SotC and have gone through it a few times between PS2/3 versions. I probably need to try it out sometime soon.

Camjo-Z

Why would they put Rayman Origins on sale literally a few weeks before giving it away. Now I wish I had gotten the PS3 version instead.

Well, at least the rest of the games seem decent enough. RE Chronicles should give me a reason to use Move again. And hey, a PSP game that isn't a fighter!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Already have ICO, and bought Rayman Origins (it was a double dip even) in the sale THIS month... not cool, I thought they said at some point that after a similar issue last year, a game on sale would take a while to go free :/

Deku Tree

So how is PS+ going to work in the early days of the PS4?

There will be so few games for the system
and they will all be brand new...

So in light of that then what kind of free games are they going to give us each month on PS4?

Celegus

Not bad, but I already own that RE collection haha.

What exactly is the RE collection? Remakes of the old games? The only ones I've ever played were 4 (loved) and 5 (hated).

So how is PS+ going to work in the early days of the PS4?

There will be so few games for the system
and they will all be brand new...

So in light of that then what kind of free games are they going to give us each month on PS4?

So far it still sounds great. Drive Club, Resogun, Binding of Isaac were already confirmed to be on PS+, and I think there was a few more they mentioned. There might not be a ton of retail games at first, but the downloadable/indie games are better anyway nine out of ten times.

Top Bottom