• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

FDC1

September games are up via search on european stores. It's time to look if Sony didn't screwed it once again and gave us another game lol. AC3 is 18+, isn't forbidden in Germany or Middle East :p?

Cross buy for the vita Jak Trilogy is working but you have to grab them after you get the PS3 versions, they don't get added to the download list automatically.

The_Monk

Cross buy for the vita Jak Trilogy is working but you have to grab them after you get the PS3 versions, they don't get added to the download list automatically.

I would like to also add that Stealth Inc is also up now on the EU Store fellow GAFfers!

PS3 & Vita versions.

The Vita version is free for me and I have not grabbed the PS3 version yet.

rn12.jpg

Theecliff

Banned
The Vita version is free for me and I have not grabbed the PS3 version yet.

rn12.jpg

So is this a store mistake or something? Just grabbed the PS3 version but the Vita version keeps telling me that I'm not eligible to purchase.

Edit: Just realised that this is part of the September update!

Edit 2: I sorta worded my original comment wrong - I was asking if it was a store mistake that Jak & Daxter was free, then realised that it was part of the September update that has yet to come up on the IGC page. The ability to get the Vita version has started to work for me now anyway!
I don't own a Vita but I'm stockpiling as many PS+ games as I can get on the offchance that I'll get one down the line :L

Hystzen

So, with PS+, you get 'good' games, which you can play for as long as you're a PS+ member, at no additional cost? And it's only €60 a year (the cost of one new game)? What's the catch?

the catch is if you purchase a year sub before 15th September you get 15 months instead of 12 and if you get a PS4 you get a 30 day trial and if you buy Driveclub and get 3 month trial all this is added together.

so you end up with 18months of PS+

So is this a store mistake or something? Just grabbed the PS3 version but the Vita version keeps telling me that I'm not eligible to purchase.

I grabbed the PS3 version first like the previous poster suggested. Then when I went to grab the Vita version it was just "normal" free (not the yellow PS+ free anymore). I assume the crossbuy had kicked in for me.

the catch is if you purchase a year sub before 15th September you get 15 months instead of 12 and if you get a PS4 you get a 30 day trial and if you buy Driveclub and get 3 month trial all this is added together.

so you end up with 18months of PS+

Trial months don't add themselves to EU PS+ accounts.

PrawnyNZ

Haven't looked at the PS3 yet, but d/ling the Jak Collection (not the individual games) and Stealth Inc on the Vita at the mo. Both showed Free with the PS+ symbol.

Bishop89

god i love this service, downloading all 3 vita titles and asscreed 3 as i type this :)

bit disappointed spelunky is $17AU. is it worth that price?

Is there any way to just pay the exact amount for a game on PSN?

I want to get Tokyo Jungle but Sony is trying to take 5 dollars from me.

Tip: After you "purchased" the Jak and Daxter Trilogy on your Vita you can add and download the games separately. Great if you don't want to download the whole 3GB-trilogy.

lemmykoopa

I thought you got 3 months of PS+ with it rather than that a voucher for cheaper PS+, but I could be mistaken.

Probably just not updated yet.

Had a look and it seems that USA gets a 3 month trial with Driveclub and Europe gets a 50% off voucher for 1 year ps plus.

YomommaZ

Hi fellow subscribers!
I've been subscribed to plus from january so i would like to know if there is 25% discount every start of the year or should i just go ahead and get the 12+3 promotion currently going on...?

ReNeGaDe124

Sony messed up. For a couple of minutes the PS3 version of Jak & Daxter Trilogy was completely free for everyone, not just PS+ subscribers. I managed to put it in my Download List at that time and it doesn't have an expiration date like the other PS+ games.

jakdaxter.png

Celegus

Sony messed up. For a couple of minutes the PS3 version of Jak & Daxter Trilogy was completely free for everyone, not just PS+ subscribers. I managed to put it in my Download List at that time and it doesn't have an expiration date like the other PS+ games.

jakdaxter.png

Nice! I wonder why this happens so often, it did a few months ago with God of War and then the NBA game a couple weeks ago.

Celegus

Looks like I missed 'em twice then, still have never played a Jak game. Actually, I don't think I've played anything from Naughty Dog before Uncharted, I was much more into JRPGs during the PS1/2 days.

SiRatul

So there is the 50% off of one year PS+ if you pre order Driveclub in EU and there is the promotion where you get three months free if you get an one year subscription till sometimes in september.

Is there any way to make use of both promotions? Currently I'm only on a free trial of PS+ and have Driveclub preordered so I should be getting my 50% discount voucher when I get Driveclub and the PS4.
But what if I subscribe now? Can I then use that voucher from Driveclub after my 12+3 months subscription runs out?

But what if I subscribe now? Can I then use that voucher from Driveclub after my 12+3 months subscription runs out?

Obviously can't say for sure without seeing the voucher, but you can probably use that Driveclub voucher whenever.

You can buy an extension to your PS+ subscription at any point (even if you already have it). Presumably, you could also use the voucher immediately when you recieve it to extend your sub, or later when your sub expires.

Fox1304

Looks like I missed 'em twice then, still have never played a Jak game. Actually, I don't think I've played anything from Naughty Dog before Uncharted, I was much more into JRPGs during the PS1/2 days.

The Crash Bandicoot games and Jak ( especially 1&3 ) are some wonderful games.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well I've picked up all the PS+ games this month from the store besides Urban Trial Freestyle which for some reason is still showing up as £5.99, guess I'll have to wait a bit for that to sort itself out. sorted.

Great that J&D was cross buy, PS+ as per usually entirely pays for itself every month.

Top Bottom