• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Wanting Knack is weird but I wouldn't blame people for not thinking much of this month's games. I would like to try Ether One but if it's still broken, I'll wait a bit longer.

It's the lack of Knack. It does things to people.

Something tells me this thread will still be full of insanity after we get Knack.
The Knack worshippers will finally have the masses for their cult

Wanting Knack is weird but I wouldn't blame people for not thinking much of this month's games. I would like to try Ether One but if it's still broken, I'll wait a bit longer.

I'm not going to argue opinions with people. (I loved 2015's PS4 PS+ games, and this moth was awesome.) But getting riled up over the games we got this month, with such hilariously vehement language? Seriously?

June's always a good PS+ month. Knack would break that tradition.

Knack is the most requested PS+ title, Sony would probably see that as an amazing offering if they're looking to put together a good month.

It's somewhat telling of the quality of the PS4's retail catalogue that Knack is still the best thing people can come up with to ask for on PS+.

hawk2025

Knack is the most requested PS+ title, Sony would probably see that as an amazing offering if they're looking to put together a good month.

It's somewhat telling of the quality of the PS4's retail catalogue that Knack is still the best thing people can come up with to ask for on PS+.

...no, it's really not telling at all.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sony views Knack like the NFL views LA. The eternal possibility of Knack is more useful than actually putting Knack in PS Plus.

If Knack is the best thing people can come up with for PS+, then Imagination is truly dead.

Well people aren't going to ask for games like Infamous:SS or Driveclub because they know games like those have low chances of being chosen. Also, Knack is the PS4's game to rag on so a lot of people probably are being facetious when saying that they want it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is it safe to rag on Race the Sun? I promise Gaf I played it for at least an hour over two sessions, to be sure my appraisal that is was shite as a console game, is accurate.

:D

I would play it on my phone. At a bus stop. Once. Maybe.
I think this is fair. I expected to enjoy it a lot more than I did. I don't even think it's that good as a quick pick up and play game for Vita. I got bored quickly.

I think this is fair. I expected to enjoy it a lot more than I did. I don't even think it's that good as a quick pick up and play game for Vita. I got bored quickly.

I lasted in Race the Sun until I reached the max level, and then I realised that I didn't actually enjoy the game that much, I just enjoyed completing the tasks. Once there are no more tasks and all you're left with is the endless runner part, that game just totally dies.

Fbh

I'm not one to ask for retail games "just for the sake of it being a retail game".

But I'd rather get Knack than another broken indie like Ether One

cyba89

I'm not one to ask for retail games "just for the sake of it being a retail game".

But I'd rather get Knack than another broken indie like Ether One

Of course. That's just basic logic.
I'd also rather get a polished mediocre game than a broken "maybe good"-game. But I would it like most to get a polished good game.

Matty77

Is it safe to rag on Race the Sun? I promise Gaf I played it for at least an hour over two sessions, to be sure my appraisal that is was shite as a console game, is accurate.

:D

I would play it on my phone. At a bus stop. Once. Maybe.
completely. I loved it but opinons. About the unfinished swan I did not call you on it because you did not like it, only because I felt your opinon was uninformed.

But yeah, an hour is a more than long enough to know what race the sun is and how you feel about it.

So fair informed opinon.

Codiox

Actually I got at least 2-3 hours of fun from race the sun.

But ether one is some hot dog shit. Back in the days we needed cheats for things like no clip mode. Today you just need an indie game.

Karu

I enjoy Race the Sun immensly and to my surprise. It feels like racing on a speed glider on Tatooine. And that's all I ever wanted.

I thought that Guacamelee was so exceptional that even if it was the only game given on PS+ this month, it would have been worth it. What a wonderful experience!

cchum

I thought that Guacamelee was so exceptional that even if it was the only game given on PS+ this month, it would have been worth it. What a wonderful experience!

This is essentially the case for me. Ether one was so broken (wire bug) that I had to uninstall, even though I enjoyed it. Guacamelee was incredible, and the " Mario music" kickback was amazingly awesome.

I've been on fire clearing my Plus backlog. About to finish Transistor after beating Valiant Hearts last weekend. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing but I'm about to face the final boss. Literally everything in this game looks gorgeous and the scenery is jaw dropping.

liquidtmd

Banned
If it's Knack this month Id be gutted as I've no desire for it at all after a brief play on it, but if it means this absolutely stupid 'WHERES KNACK' meme can die in this thread then frankly I'll take the hit.

I guarantee that half the people in this thread who have used the 'Wheres Knack' line in this thread either wouldn't play it beyond a couple of minutes or alternatively will turn round and moan about its inclusion

I lasted in Race the Sun until I reached the max level, and then I realised that I didn't actually enjoy the game that much, I just enjoyed completing the tasks. Once there are no more tasks and all you're left with is the endless runner part, that game just totally dies.

100% this, exactly what happened to me. Now I look back and think, the missions themselves weren't actually even that fun, I just wanted to see what new elements the game would open up based on level. Virtually nothing, as it turned out.

Koh

I think Sony would continue to perpetuate the sigma of some of their smaller games being destined for PS+ if they do actually put knack up there.

Puppeteer was an example where a vocal amount of people labeled it a PS+ game from the start, and were proven right very quickly.

If I were Sony, i would deliberately avoid providing games that are expected so that people continue to purchase games they want.

I've been on fire clearing my Plus backlog. About to finish Transistor after beating Valiant Hearts last weekend. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing but I'm about to face the final boss. Literally everything in this game looks gorgeous and the scenery is jaw dropping.

The end sequences are soooooo good in that game, I was in legit shock when ENDING SPOILER
the final boss stopped time

Sony please don't give us Knack, I wouldn't mind a retail game like Tomb Raider, AC4, or even Killzone, but please don't give me Knack.

repeater

I think Sony will want at least one retail game for PS4 this month to help push PS+ during E3. My guess would be on Killzone or Infamous.
Killzone's online community seems to be in dire need of a shot in the arm. There's also quite a bit of DLC for the game to sell. I don't think Killzone is a bad bet at all.

I enjoyed this months PS Plus games. Guacamelee was great to go back to after I played the original at launch, the extra content was a great addition.

Murasaki Baby was a fun experience and I love the way it used the Vita. I think if it had been any longer may have started to outstay it's welcome.

I didn't like Race the Sun at all, just not really my thing.

I can't really comment on Ether One, as I have only played for about 20 minutes.

I haven't played the PS4 version of Unfinished Swan but I have played the original PS3 version, which was good, I definitely intend to give it another play through soon.

I am still plugging away at Hohokum, I bought it last year and I want to like it, but it just isn't clicking with me. The art style and soundtrack are amazing, but the game itself is just a little boring in my opinion.

Top Bottom