• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BibiMaghoo

I think this is fair. I expected to enjoy it a lot more than I did. I don't even think it's that good as a quick pick up and play game for Vita. I got bored quickly.

It's biggest problem for me was making me play it for it to get easier, rather than harder. I played a bit and died a few times on the second area, then unlocked jump pickups, and that left me a bit "well why did I have to die loads before you give me something I need", and this was continued with the magnet and so on. Don't punch me in the balls then offer me a hand, though I get the nature of the game probably makes it required. It's longevity is tied to keeping the player held back. Not for me.

completely. I loved it but opinons. About the unfinished swan I did not call you on it because you did not like it, only because I felt your opinon was uninformed.

But yeah, an hour is a more than long enough to know what race the sun is and how you feel about it.

So fair informed opinon.

I know man, it was in jest that I said that.

thenexus6

Interesting..

auXmvnZ.png

They've been good at posting stuff in the past.. We'll see indeed.

BibiMaghoo

I didn't know that. I forgot about the merger too.

Whatever, I'm beaten and ready give me a Lego game Sony.

If I remember correctly it was them that said something about devaluing their games by putting them on the service, that may well have been EA though, I forget.

Diablo is worth the price of entry if you want local coop, for sure.

Risgroo

Interesting..

auXmvnZ.png

Oohh, juicy. In terms of "AAA" games, what do you guys think of these?

1st party:
Driveclub (Patch notes say it's still coming, right?)
Infamous Second Son
Killzone (Online could use some new players)
Knack (WOOOO)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (Didn't do so well IIRC?)

3rd party:
Black Flag
Ground Zeroes (Drum up interest for TPP)
Tomb Raider/Thief (unlikely since the PS3 versions have been on + before)
Need for Speed: Rivals
Rayman Legends
Sniper Elite 3
Watch Dogs (lol)

Pretty sure we're getting all of them.

Newman96

I feel if it's a retail game it's going to be something I've played already..unless it's a Lego game or Knack, wouldn't mind either of those.

BibiMaghoo

I would say that bringing Driveclub at E3 would be a huge mistake, which means it is either now, or later. I would wager now. If the wager wasn't actually my money.

So I think there is a chance for that, and it would qualify as a big game.

Rosur

Interesting..

auXmvnZ.png

Would be cool to get AAA games for the PS4 as their is plenty of games now. See something like NFS:Rivals (as new one this year) or AC: Unity/ black flag being added though only see 1 big PS4 game and the other indie if its true and some better PS3 games.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I think Knack or tomb raider, but one must questions tomb raider because one version came out of ps3 and they may hold off and release ps plus version when the timed exclusive deal with the next tomb raider wears off, to pump people up for the release of the ps4 version.

Roto13

I think Knack or tomb raider, but one must questions tomb raider because one version came out of ps3 and they may hold off and release ps plus version when the timed exclusive deal with the next tomb raider wears off, to pump people up for the release of the ps4 version.

How often do they really do this? I always see it brought up. "They should release Game X to get people excited about X-2: This Time It's Personal next month!" But I can't think of any time they actually used PS+ to give out the prequel to a new game as advertising.

The poster was mocking me. They didn't mean it.

I have to apologize for that one. I was feeling a bit snarky that day.

Having said that, I have to rag on Hohokum a bit. I really, REALLY wanted to like this game. I saw the trailers and was even going to buy it at one point, but after playing it for awhile, I'm at a loss. I'll give it another shot, but as it stands I may have to move onto a new game. I guess it gave me a Fez vibe, where after you get to a certain point, it becomes more of a chore to go back to unfinished areas. But my second opinion will have to wait until I grow tired of House of Wolves.

Excluding Resogun (cuz everyone likes that game), I've actually played some really great games from PS+ lately.

1. The Unfinished Swan - Probably the best of the bunch for me. Loved the mechanics throughout and the story book story.

2. Stick it to the Man - An oldie, but with interesting gameplay and quite the quirky sense of humor—I really liked this one.

3. Valiant Hearts - It was touching and educational. Which is hard to say about games these days. The final level was not how I was expecting it to end, which was also a plus.

4. Never Alone - Also educational, but the storyline lost me about halfway through. Not going to spoil anything, but after a certain event, I just kinda tuned out and played through for the trophies only.

Tomb Raider/Thief (unlikely since the PS3 versions have been on + before)

Thief, yeah, but I imagine the PS4 version of Tomb Raider is considered a "different" game due to the upgrade to "definitive" status. I'd for sure expect that on Plus one day.

What if by "major titles" they mean games with really long titles?

Top Bottom