• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Oohh, juicy. In terms of "AAA" games, what do you guys think of these?

1st party:
Driveclub (Patch notes say it's still coming, right?)
Infamous Second Son
Killzone (Online could use some new players)
Knack (WOOOO)
LittleBigPlanet 3 (Didn't do so well IIRC?)

3rd party:
Black Flag
Ground Zeroes (Drum up interest for TPP)
Tomb Raider/Thief (unlikely since the PS3 versions have been on + before)
Need for Speed: Rivals
Rayman Legends
Sniper Elite 3
Watch Dogs (lol)

Pretty sure we're getting all of them.

I could see any of thise last 4 being psplus games. But it seems like sony isn't all that interested in putting down the cash for games like that with plus anymore. They probably pay a lot less for most of the games they've been giving. I've liked a lot of the offerings thus far, but i really do think they should be giving old AAA titles at least every couple of months. Especially with some of the smaller games they've goven lately being pretty bad. Something like NFS, blackflag, etc. If nothing else it would broaden the appeal of psplus and there would be a lot less complaints.

JoshHood

How often do they really do this? I always see it brought up. "They should release Game X to get people excited about X-2: This Time It's Personal next month!" But I can't think of any time they actually used PS+ to give out the prequel to a new game as advertising.

Um, pretty often. Most recently Yakuza 4, but in the past, Arkham City (for Origins), Borderlands (for 2) and again B2 (for The Pre-Sequel), Crysis 2 (for 3), Dead Space 2 (for 3), Assassin's Creed 3 (for Black Flag), Saint's Row: The Third (for IV), Battlefield 3 (for 4), XCOM: Enemy Unknown (for Enemy Within and The Bureau), BioShock 2 (for Infinite), etc etc etc...

Hasney

Guys, they never mentioned what format these major titles will be on. Let's reel it in, as much as we want Knack, it may be another dry month.

androvsky

I could see any of thise last 4 being psplus games. But it seems like sony isn't all that interested in putting down the cash for games like that with plus anymore. They probably pay a lot less for most of the games they've been giving. I've liked a lot of the offerings thus far, but i really do think they should be giving old AAA titles at least every couple of months. Especially with some of the smaller games they've goven lately being pretty bad. Something like NFS, blackflag, etc. If nothing else it would broaden the appeal of psplus and there would be a lot less complaints.

I'm guessing the price per PS+ user has gone up now that it's so popular. It's a lot easier to give away a game to 2% of the PS3's user base when you're making most of your money on the 360 than to give away a game to 50% of the PS4's user base when it's also the platform with the most sales.

I'm kinda expecting Sony to offer something else as a choice each month to keep the free game giveaway feasible; something like either the usual free games or a month of PS3 BC via PS Now (you can only play games you've purchased).

cyba89

Journey could be a *major* title. Doesn't the retail version comes out soon. It's odd we haven't heard a date yet, unless it's on Plus.
I really want Journey

EDIT: nvmd

Journey could be a *major* title. Doesn't the retail version comes out soon. It's odd we haven't heard a date yet, unless it's on Plus.
I really want Journey

Also Roll7 teased some big news they would share this week. https://twitter.com/Roll_7/status/602811864079171585
So it could be the long overdue release date for Super Time Force PS4 alongside its inclusion on PS+.

Those two are my PS4-guesses for this month.

What does Roll7 have to do with Super Time Force?

Eusis

Do you know how many games Activision has put on PS+?

You are going to be disappointed. Forever.
I think we got a Prototype installment once?

Yeaaah, I'd sooner expect an old Crash or Spyro game dredged up than most other modern Activision games, never mind a Blizzard title.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ooops. totally mixed them up with Capy somehow. :eek:
Were you mixing it up with Not A Hero? That's probably farther out than next week though. Seems they've been asked a couple times on Twitter about when it's coming and they just say hopefully later this year.

Maybe N++ will finally be ready for this month. That's a major title, right? It was there at the PS4 announcement, it's got a plus in the title, IT'S GOT TO BE, RIGHT?!

cac3ac9e-0a8b-442d-947e-41f4d7a1b525.jpg

Elandyll

Banned
We will be finally getting Knack. :)

"major" ...

I'm thinking the possible (3rd party) titles would be:

- Tomb Raider Remastered (unlikely due to the MS cozyness with CD and the deal this year for RotTR)
- Ass Creed IV Black Flag
- Lego Marvel
- NBA 2K14
- NFS Rivals

If 1st/ 2nd party then the possibles could be...

- Knack
- Killzone Shadowfall
- Infamous 2nd Son

liquidtmd

Banned
"major" ...

- Tomb Raider Remastered (unlikely due to the MS cozyness with CD and the deal this year for RotTR)
-

Am I wrong in thinking Tomb Raider would be a good candidate for PS+ because of the MS deal for the sequel - I.e keep brand awareness alive with PS4 players and throw us a bone due to not getting the sequel for a while post xbone release?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
32€ instead of 40€ for The Order in Germany. Oh well.

netguy503

Bloodborne is $48, so a saving of $12.

GOOD SALE, SONY!!!

lol they are selling The Order, a game from beginning of the year, for $48 and helldrivers is the same price it would of been if you got it at the launch week discount. WTH SONY!?!?!?!

Cool I don't have to spend money this week.

SURGEdude

I'm calling it, at E3 Sony reveals that the July games will include Knack and Killzone just to shut up the whiners.

And then those 2 crapfests will finally be able to fade into well deserved obscurity.

"major" ...

- Ass Creed IV Black Flag
- Lego Marvel
- NBA 2K14
- NFS Rivals

If 1st/ 2nd party then the possibles could be...

- Knack
- Killzone Shadowfall
- Infamous 2nd Son

IMO none of those are any more major than Knack. A Fall 2014 title would be major, not games you can find in sales for 20$ or less.

I'd rather get two brand new indie games.

Top Bottom