• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

spons

Gold Member
I'm calling it, at E3 Sony reveals that the July games will include Knack and Killzone just to shut up the whiners.

And then those 2 crapfests will finally be able to fade into well deserved obscurity.

Joking or serious? I was going to get those games. Killzone really just because I played the other games in the series and want to check out what the fuss is about, Knack because it seems to be a heap of fun.

Getting Journey would be absolutely great, my request is now Tomb Raider plus Journey for PS4.

Someone can fill in the other requests for PS3 and PSVita.

NewDust

Wondering if TLoU: Left Behind now being stand alone means it will become a plus title somewhere in the future to real in buyers for the full game... Not that I want that to happen, but it seems to be a possibility.

Fbh

In the US some retail stores have had it on sale for almost a week now for $39.99.

You can still get it on Amazon for that.

Yeah but for us people outside the US it's still a pretty good deal.

Would be cool if Amazon had those same sale prices for digital codes

Hope this month is decent. its been pretty bad for awhile. Its hard to argue for not having EA early access on PS4 because it would dig into PS+ when we have gotten nothing but indies for months and months on the PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Hope this month is decent. its been pretty bad for awhile. Its hard to argue for not having EA early access on PS4 because it would dig into PS+ when we have gotten nothing but indies for months and months on the PS4.
We've had two mediocre months. January to March were all fucking stellar as were the last few months of 2014. And even April this year we got Killzone Mercenary, and in May Guacamelee. So even in the bad months we've still had some stellar games. Unless you've got the mindset of if it's not AAA then it's shit, then I fail to see how its been pretty bad for a while.

Zeshile

Wondering if TLoU: Left Behind now being stand alone means it will become a plus title somewhere in the future to real in buyers for the full game... Not that I want that to happen, but it seems to be a possibility.

Possible, maybe. But I don't see that happening. Doesn't every ps4 come with TLoU still? I don't think that they would do that to all these people who bought ps4's since that started.

NewDust

do you think they will hold off on PS+ titles til E3? like to build hype?

Didn't you see what happened when the announced the March games the day before they were released (AKA almost a week late)? No way they are gonna announce and release the games two weeks late just for a press conference. Neither do I expect a full July line-up to be announced, maybe 1 or 2 titles.

We've had two mediocre months. January to March were all fucking stellar as were the last few months of 2014. And even April this year we got Killzone Mercenary, and in May Guacamelee. So even in the bad months we've still had some stellar games. Unless you've got the mindset of if it's not AAA then it's shit, then I fail to see how its been pretty bad for a while.

That's your opinion. I am personally tired of the indie focus and would like some AAA titles.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Didn't you see what happened when the announced the March games the day before they were released (AKA almost a week late)? No way they are gonna announce and release the games two weeks late just for a press conference. Neither do I expect a full July line-up to be announced, maybe 1 or 2 titles.
Yeah it was madness. Piss on the floor and everything. I shudder to think the horrors that would happen if they pulled this.

Yes those games would put me to sleep too.

the_dude3.gif

-stirring sound-

like I said PS4 only is what im talking about. There has been some good stuff, no doubt.

however I would trade the indie games I have gotten from PS+ for EA early access. Its time for Sony to make a deal for a PS4 AAA game.

kiguel182

Well, if this month's offering is a AAA game then I hope it's knack since I already have infamous and killzone.

That said, I rather it's not knack and something else instead.

I don't know if it's a mistake, but PS4 Saint's Row IV + Gat Out of Hell is on sale for 15.49, while Gat Out of Hell and Saints Row 4 separately are on sale for 15.99 and 23.99 respectively.

maxcriden

Just got a PS3 and debating whether Plus is worth it to me or not. I tend to only be interested in indies and platformers for the most part. I guess I need to check into what all games come with the service, but if you lapse your subscription, you lose access to the games, right?

ETA: wait, research and OP are confusing me a bit. What comes in the Instant Game Collection if I subscribe now? Just the current May games?

I don't know if it's a mistake, but PS4 Saint's Row IV + Gat Out of Hell is on sale for 15.49, while Gat out of Hell and Saints Row 4 separately are on sale for 15.99 and 23.99 respectively.

Yeah I just found that as well. Hmm I not gonna bite for this one since I already played SR IV on PS3 but it seems like a good deal.

Drayco21

Charging $48 for The Order on sale is hilarious; digital pricing on consoles is ridiculous. Can get a shrink-wrapped, physical copy for less than that.

At this point, the only retail game I don't want to see take a slot is Driveclub; it feels like that would be a really poor face-saving attempt for how terribly their promise of the Plus Edition ended up. At the very least, when it shows up on Plus, it needs to be the full game.

kiguel182

Charging $48 for The Order on sale is hilarious; digital pricing on consoles is ridiculous. Can get a shrink-wrapped, physical copy for less than that.

At this point, the only retail game I don't want to see take a slot is Driveclub; it feels like that would be a really poor face-saving attempt for how terribly their promise of the Plus Edition ended up. At the very least, when it shows up on Plus, it needs to be the full game.

They had a sale on EU for 32 euros. Pretty good for a game just released.

The weekly sales are the ones that see big discounts. The more general ones are weaker when it comes to more recent titles.

Massa

Some recent leak confirms Driveclub PS+ Edition is still coming and it's not the full game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
like I said PS4 only is what im talking about. There has been some good stuff, no doubt.

however I would trade the indie games I have gotten from PS+ for EA early access. Its time for Sony to make a deal for a PS4 AAA game.
EA haven't released a game I've given a shit about since.....er.....I don't even know any more. No thank you I'll stick with quality indies than a bunch of EA games I don't care about. Just give me games I like. EA games do not fit that description.

But I don't disagree that the time has come for some AAA games to come. There are quality ones that could be given away by now. Like Assassins Creed IV for example.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I'm actually starting think Microsoft and Sony have secretly replaced XBLA with GwG/PS Plus and are just using those services to highlight indies.

You think $48 is funny, it's on sale for $55.49 up here in Canada.

Meanwhile physical copies are $39.99

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm actually starting think Microsoft and Sony have secretly replaced XBLA with GwG/PS Plus and are just using those services to highlight indies.
Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Indies don't have the means to advertise the shit out of their games and sbove tbem down your throats. PS Plus being a means of giving quality indie titles some much needed exposure is a great thing.

kiguel182

EA haven't released a game I've given a shit about since.....er.....I don't even know any more. No thank you I'll stick with quality indies than a bunch of EA games I don't care about. Just give me games I like. EA games do not fit that description.

But I don't disagree that the time has come for some AAA games to come. There are quality ones that could be given away by now. Like Assassins Creed IV for example.

I think the only AAA that I care and that can come to the service is Black Flag. I don't see anything old enough that makes me excited for it honestly.

Just got a PS3 and debating whether Plus is worth it to me or not. I tend to only be interested in indies and platformers for the most part. I guess I need to check into what all games come with the service, but if you lapse your subscription, you lose access to the games, right?

ETA: wait, research and OP are confusing me a bit. What comes in the Instant Game Collection if I subscribe now? Just the current May games?

Yes, just the May games.

If you've only got a PS3, it's probably not worth bothering with Plus if you want indies and platformers.

I'd like to see a retail game this month for PS4. As for indies, Helldivers or Axiom Verge would be mega awesome. Hell, I never played Journey so that would be nice too.

Top Bottom