• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Sounds like it, yeah. Thanks for the info. I'm surprised, it looks from the OP like new members used to get more games when signing up.

Yeah they did, but it changed around the time the PS4 came out. It's a better deal now for long-term members, but not quite as good for new subscribers.

androvsky

Sounds like it, yeah. Thanks for the info. I'm surprised, it looks from the OP like new members used to get more games when signing up.

There were more games when you signed up, but they got switched out less often.

The PS3 does get a fair number of indies and platformers through PS+ from titles that are cross-buy, but it's not something I'd count on.

I could see Ubisoft giving away Black Flag to give the franchise a positive spin going into the marketing cycle for the next game. It'll also be nearly six months since Grim Fandango released on PS4, does that count as an older retail title? ;)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rayman Legends would be amazing for sure. Loved Origins but never got to buy the second one.
I think Origins is a lot better but it's pretty solid. The touch stages ruined the game on Vita, but on console you apparently control your character in those stages so I'd be really interested in seeing how much that improves the overall game on PS4.

Undead

Still amazes me how many people still seem to think Knack will come to IGC, sure they haven't stated a specific metacritic score or anything BUT they don't exactly put low scoring games onto IGC either do they?

I think Origins is a lot better but it's pretty solid. The touch stages ruined the game on Vita, but on console you apparently control your character in those stages so I'd be really interested in seeing how much that improves the overall game on PS4.

Even though Legends contains all the levels from Origins, Origins still manages to be a better game.

Legends is still okay, but yeah, it's weird how that worked out.

Tainted

Driveclub and Journey would be a 1, 2 knockout punch for me. And other boxing analogies.

Judging by recent patch notes, I'm confident DC will be in the June offerings. I bought the game at xmas....so it makes no difference to me but great to see they will finally release this edition

Journey release date can't be a coincidence so I guess that's a given.

Second PS4 slot is either a high profile indie or indie game that will be released next week as well.
I change the slot to Ground Zeroes due to Japan PS+.

PS3

One could be GoW Ascension. Get the prequel out of the way to have people buy the PS4 GOW3 remaster.

Second is whatever

Don't care about Vita apart from it hopefully being two cross-buy titles :p

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Indies don't have the means to advertise the shit out of their games and sbove tbem down your throats. PS Plus being a means of giving quality indie titles some much needed exposure is a great thing.

I'm not sure the exposure argument really holds much water, personally. I mean, the game gets exposure to a bunch of people who now have no need to buy it, and the game's "success" is, at that point, about as unrelated to the game's actual quality as it's possible to be. The game could be great, it could be crap; it doesn't make much difference to its success.

bobawesome

I'm gonna be selfish and say I hope Journey doesn't make it next month (as I already played it to death on PS3). It would be cool for those who haven't played it but I'd want something else.

eFKac

I'm gonna be selfish and say I hope Journey doesn't make it next month (as I already played it to death on PS3). It would be cool for those who haven't played it but I'd want something else.

+1

Already will get it through cross buy, don't want a slot missed.

so we reach the time in the month were all of us hope they announce Knack for ps+

No
lX03hULhgCYQ8.gif

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Sony's E3 press conference will be built around its new initiative Knackcess, where you pay a monthly fee to have access to Knack for the duration of your subscription.

Fbh

What if they are super late with the announcement this month. But then at E3 The Last Guardian is revealed as the June Ps+ game?

I think that Lords of the Fallen would be a nice PS Plus candidate.

I had tottaly forgotten about that game.
That would be a nice Ps+ game

Then again... it's still $60 on PSN. You'd think they'd try a price drop before going Ps+

sense

will place my bets on killzone, ac black flag or ground zeroes considering that was on sale for real cheap just a few weeks ago.

Wiggy

Whatever the games are this month I just hope they games aren't broken. I finally solved this one puzzle on Ether One and it keeps crashing the game :(

edit: Think I've found a way around it by continually 'teleporting' back to base before it has chance to crash

Japan PS+ is getting Ground Zeroes.

mhhh it's likely in all regions then.
I would have guessed July for GZ but maybe that's already too close to the MGSV release date. Like First Light, it fits well for still-early PS4 PS+ as it's a AAA game but short/cheaper (basically standalone DLC) and a prequel/introduction for a bigger game.

I could see stuff like Wolfenstein The Old Blood coming as well at some point.

Wow, $15.49 for Saints Row Re-Elected & Gat out of Hell PS4 Bundle is a surprisingly amazing deal. Probably the best PS4 game price I've ever seen. Especially with how shitty the dollar is here in Canada. I never played that game on PS3. Yet, I'm still not sure I even want to pull the trigger. Strange. I love GTA, but Saints Row has never really blown me away.

Celegus

+1

Already will get it through cross buy, don't want a slot missed.

Is Journey going to be free on PS4 if we already bought it on PS3? That would be awesome, I wasn't sure if that one would or not.

Edit: Looks like it is, awesome! I feel like a bad person because I only played through it once, although I did like it quite a bit. I'd love to play it again!

kevin1025

Banned
Wow, $15.49 for Saints Row Re-Elected & Gat out of Hell PS4 Bundle is a surprisingly amazing deal. Probably the best PS4 game price I've ever seen. Especially with how shitty the dollar is here in Canada. I never played that game on PS3. Yet, I'm still not sure I even want to pull the trigger. Strange. I love GTA, but Saints Row has never really blown me away.

With it being cheaper than the games separated, there was talk in the other thread of it being a pricing error. Best to jump on it if you're interested! I played Saints Row 4 on PC and had a great time with it, this one isn't much like GTA but more like a superhero game, a la Infamous and the like. For $15.49, you're getting a ton of game, and as a fellow Canadian, that sort of deal is hard to pass up. I'd say to watch a video or two just to be sure.

Hasney

Considering it looks worse than last gen with odd framerate problems in Gat Outta Hell cutscene and buggy as shit with that High Voltage mark of quality, it should have been the price it launched at.

Got it for £10 so can't complain too much, but yeesh, what a stinker of a port.

Cade

I hope they actually announce Knack 2 at E3, free on PS+ immediately to go along with June's PS+ game for PS4, Knack, along with downports to PS3 and PSVita.

And Driveclub PS+: Knack Edition

N30RYU

Stupid but not so stupid question: I have Jorney on PS3. If Sony will release it as free PSPlus title, what I'll get when I'll add it to my basket?
A Plus, with an expiration date version, or a totally free version like it should be?
Totally free, 'cause you'll have it as purchased the moment it appears in the store, and you won't be able to add it to your basket.

Stupid but not so stupid question: I have Jorney on PS3. If Sony will release it as free PSPlus title, what I'll get when I'll add it to my basket?
A Plus, with an expiration date version, or a totally free version like it should be?

That depends entirely on how Sony handles the licenses for the PS4 version on PSN. I don't think there ever was a case like this before. Ideally you should end up with the totally free version in the end though unless Sony screws it up.
Totally free, 'cause you'll have it as purchased the moment it appears in the store.
That's not true. You have to actually "buy" games that become cross-buy later on.

N30RYU

I mean the PS4 version, sorry. That should be free with crossbuy.
Happened to me with lots of crossbuy games like Stick it to the man, escape plan, flower... If you have purchased one version of the game, the moment they upload another version of the game to the store you have it showed as purchased, no matter if it's a PS+ game or not.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
What if they are super late with the announcement this month. But then at E3 The Last Guardian is revealed as the June Ps+ game?

And imagine the uproar if it was only available to PS+ members that had been a subscriber since IGC started. That would be glorious. :-D

Top Bottom