• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

1er tigre

There aren't many. Tomb Raider and Rayman Legends are decent candidates though.
. . Assassin's creed black flag for example . Or infamous, killzone, battlefield 4, need for speed rivals,rayman legends, mgs ground zeroes, Tomb raider definitive edition, wolfenstein, watch dogs,...

There are now plenty of retail games which are both quite old and quite cheap that can be given on PS+.

Moobabe

. . Assassin's creed black flag for example . Or infamous, killzone, battlefield 4, need for speed rivals,rayman legends, mgs ground zeroes, Tomb raider definitive edition, wolfenstein, watch dogs,...

There are now plenty of retail games which are both quite old and quite cheap that can be given on PS+.

For what it's worth I had a dream it would be Need for Speed so... confirmed?

GZ would be nice or BF4, the rest I don't have much interest in. Black Flag would be cool for those who haven't played it though.

foxbeldin

Today is Knack day !

kqz1pzs.gif

Yeah ! Believe !

Griss

I realise that we've pretty much mined the Vita dry by now and I'm cool with that (because over the life of the Vita I've gotten a ridiculous amount of great games through PS+), but surely it's time for some more substantial PS4 games to start entering the roster too.

My wishlist over the next 3 months:
Rayman Legends
AC: Black Flag
Journey

On the one hand I think they might wait until E3 to give us a special month, on the other hand it would add momentum to their E3 if they did it now and helped quite the 'PS+ has turned to shit since mandatory multiplayer' voices.

As for the Vita, I'd love one of those niche RPGs for once. One of those intrinsically Japanese ones I'd never ever buy for myself. That would be cool to try.

bobawesome

I realise that we've pretty much mined the Vita dry by now and I'm cool with that (because over the life of the Vita I've gotten a ridiculous amount of great games through PS+), but surely it's time for some more substantial PS4 games to start entering the roster too.

My wishlist over the next 3 months:
Rayman Legends
AC: Black Flag
Journey

On the one hand I think they might wait until E3 to give us a special month, on the other hand it would add momentum to their E3 if they did it now and helped quite the 'PS+ has turned to shit since mandatory multiplayer' voices.

As for the Vita, I'd love one of those niche RPGs for once. One of those intrinsically Japanese ones I'd never ever buy for myself. That would be cool to try.

I'd like to try an Atelier game, myself.

SxP

Currently playing Apotheon and that game has crashed on me about a dozen times. If it wasn't for the easy trophies, I'd have given up already. And thankfully the crashes aren't consistent, so you can't get stuck somewhere. I can't imagine how bad it must have been at launch.

Hopefully the situation doesn't repeat itself with Ether One, where the dev just abandons the game after a month or so, with the game still in a sorry state.

But what I really hope for is that Sony stops putting these incomplete games on Plus. Even better, denies them certification. Only that would force these devs to make a working product.

I started playing Ether One last night, only the first 40 minutes or so. Very impressed so far; visuals are great, level design is nice, presentation solid and I haven't hit any technical snags yet. Can anyone tell me how long it typically lasts?

Gurish

This month is E3 month, traditionally Sony are giving big games for Plus this month.
What are the bets for this month? I'm pretty sure that PS4 will get at least one retail game, if not on this month than I don't know when.

Hope it's not GZ nor Journey since i have both :p

foxbeldin

This month is E3 month, traditionally Sony are giving big games for Plus this month.
What are the bets for this month? I'm pretty sure that PS4 will get at least one retail game, if not on this month than I don't know when.

Hope it's not GZ nor Journey since i have both :p

Knack, GZ, KZSF.

pswii60

My bet.

Even more indie shovelware like always.

I haven`t downloaded anything for months now sigh.

I'll admit the indie games chosen have been poor (or older - like Guacamelee) in recent months, but before that we had new games like Velocity 2X and Outlast which were superb.

Jimrpg

I've just cancelled my ps plus after two years. The games were getting really average imo, there are only a couple that I really wanted that I didn't have - Catherine, metal gear rising, dragons dogma. I'll just buy physical copies. I'll miss multiplayer for battlefield 4 the most, even though I didn't play it enough... Will wait for a particular month to jump back on again.

Certinty

I reckon they'll give us some great AAA games this month.

Then Sony will advertise giving these games heavily during their E3 press conference to attract even more subscribers.

Grady

It's fine, You are not the only one that doesn't like new experiences rather then shoot slice bang die 4.5 redux mark 2 ultra

Huh? We get it, its cool to like indie games. Unfortunately not everyone agrees. I for one am bored to tears with them. They do not feel like NEW experiences. They feel pointless and repetitive. We all have different opinions. Let everyone express themselves without the snide remarks.

I'm fine with some cool indies showing up.

Hohokum was a cool trippy experience XD
And I love stuff like Velocity 2X and Guac for my Vita, always the best place to play such games.

But if there was a AAA I'd like to show up for once it's Shadow of Mordor,
though I believe that is way too recent.

Yeah I'd rather have new and fresh experiences like Killzone and Shadow of Mordor than those boring and safe games like Hohokum and Unfinished Swan. Been there, done that.

Huh? We get it, its cool to like indie games. Unfortunately not everyone agrees. I for one am bored to tears with them. They do not feel like NEW experiences. They feel pointless and repetitive. We all have different opinions. Let everyone express themselves without the snide remarks.
But if he 'hasn't downloaded anything in months', then he more than likely hasn't played them. How can he have an opinion on something he hasn't played? That's why people are calling out his post, it's nonsense.

And 'indie' isn't a genre. It really baffles me how anyone can say with a straight face that they're bored with ALL indie games considering how widely different they all can be.

MUnited83

For you.

And that's where you are completely wrong. Indie is not a genre. Indie games are not all the same. Inside indie there's hundreds of different graphical styles, gameplay mechanics, genres. You don't fucking magically know a game is pointless and repetitive just because it's indie. Idiots who judge games just on the basis on them being indie instead of, you know, actually playing them, are fucking idiots and deserve nothing but indies on PS+ for the rest of their lives. Maybe one day they will learn that something being "indie" has jackshit to do with the quality or genre of the game.

Bahlor

I think it's just not right to say all indie games are good or bad... at the end they're just games like every other game. People need to stop saying that all indie games suck etc.

I personally hope we get Journey / AC4

And that's where you are completely wrong. Indie is not a genre. Indie games are not all the same. Inside indie there's hundreds of different graphical styles, gameplay mechanics, genres. You don't fucking magically know a game is pointless and repetitive just because it's indie. Idiots who judge games just on the basis on them being indie instead of, you know, actually playing them, are fucking idiots and deserve nothing but indies on PS+ for the rest of their lives. Maybe one day they will learn that something being "indie" has jackshit to do with the quality or genre of the game.

Totally understand what you mean, but that sounds overreacted. Calm down^^

redcrayon

Indies aren't a genre. You've just said that you think thousands of games comprising dozens of different genres, wildly different budgets and art direction, all feel pointless and repetitive, and you don't think that's worthy of criticism? OK.

As for 'new experiences', I'm not sure that the aspects of the AAA industry obsessed with sequels, remasters and aping the most popular trends of the day is entirely avoiding being pointless and repetitive either. There's more fresh ideas in the indie space than from the five biggest publishers combined. There's much to criticise on an individual game or developer/publisher basis, but your sweeping remarks are just bonkers.

Saying something crazy followed by 'all opinions are sacrosanct' doesn't help discussion.

Top Bottom