• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

terrier

while i think those 'AAA' or 'full retail games' should be part of PSN+ more often, i wonder why people downplay 'indies' : as with big retail games, there are good, normal and bad games. Plus most of those 'indie ' games could have been 'full price games' on previous generations so ...

Yaska

while i think those 'AAA' or 'full retail games' should be part of PSN+ more often, i wonder why people downplay 'indies' : as with big retail games, there are good, normal and bad games. Plus most of those 'indie ' games could have been 'full price games' on previous generations so ...

I think this is because the ps+ indieofferings have been crap lately (with exceptions like guacamelee). This has caused people to react negatively when they don't see a "big" game on the list.

I usually try one or 2 games a month, but most of the time I end up deleting them pretty fast, because they just can't hold my interest. That's why I would like a "big" game to bring something new to me, but I can appreciate the random gem like Valiant hearts now and then.

while i think those 'AAA' games of 'full retail games' should be part more often on PSN+, i wonder why people downplay 'indies' : as with big retail games, there are good, normal and bad games. Plus most of those 'indie ' games could have been 'full price games' on previous generations so ...

I have no idea, but those people are crazy and probably want Knack instead, which makes them monsters.

terrier

I think this is because the ps+ indieofferings have been crap lately (with exceptions like guacamelee). This has caused people to react negatively when they don't see a "big" game on the list.

I usually try one or 2 games a month, but most of the time I end up deleting them pretty fast, because they just can't hold my interest. That's why I would like a "big" game to bring something new to me, but I can appreciate the random gem like Valiant hearts now and then.

i don't know. maybe because i own both vita and ps3 (and plan to own ps4 later this year so i will have a decent amount of games to play once i get it) i am quite satisfied with PSN+ offerings, last month nothing was really worth to me (at least i do not feel like playing those games, i may change my opinion when i try them though), but considering KZ was offered 2 months ago i cannot complain. Maybe PS4-only owners can complain a bit more, but if you are into PS ecosystem i find it hard to complain, except for a month or two maybe.

m@cross

Atelier games take some time to go on sale though, least the Vita versions.

Truth; I was on the fence thinking Totori would be lower, but was warned they don't go on sale often so I bought it. This is the first I have seen go on sale since then and that was around 6 months ago.. grabbing it myself.

Bahlor

Doubt it'll be Black Flag, Helldivers or Super Stardust Ultra - they're all on sale in the EU for the next three weeks.
Source

True, just saw it too. Could it possibly something like Killzone Shadowfall: Intercept? If I remember correctly, it also exists as standalone version.

Ground Zeroes would be good. I'm still regretting not buying it when it was £4. I'd love Journey as well but I'd be surprised if it was released on PS+.

Yes, unlikely. But I'm sure Sony will have some surprise for us on stage at E3 :) So I wouldn't write it off the table?

Gurish

Guys it's E3 month, think big, why not something like Alien:Isolation (game didn't do so well anyway so Sega would be happy for any extra cash they can make out of it) and Wolfenstein (have a DLC to promote) for example?

Risgroo

Guys it's E3 month, think big, why not something like Alien:Isolation (game didn't do so well anyway so Sega will be happy for any extra cash they can make out of it) and Wolfenstein (have a DLC to promote) for example?

No! Knack, Knack, Knack!

Seriously though, those games sound like good candidates. Maybe The Evil Within as well?

Liamc723

Guys it's E3 month, think big, why not something like Alien:Isolation (game didn't do so well anyway so Sega would be happy for any extra cash they can make out of it) and Wolfenstein (have a DLC to promote) for example?

2.1 million sales isn't doing so well? Even if Sega was disappointed by it, that's still good.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Yeah I'd rather have new and fresh experiences like Killzone and Shadow of Mordor than those boring and safe games like Hohokum and Unfinished Swan. Been there, done that.

The funny part is despite being unique and different, both Hohokum and Unfinished Swan are fucking boring.

The funny part is despite being unique and different, both Hohokum and Unfinished Swan are fucking boring.

I haven't played Unfinished Swan, but Hohokum wasn't boring at all. Maybe not your kind of game, but I've been having fun with it. Not the kind of game I'd play for long stretches, but half an hour here and there was a good cleanser between denser games.

Auctopus

No idea why people still think there's a dedicated time or day for the announcement.

I imagine the PS office is anarchy in the last few days of the month when they try and find the scrap of paper they wrote down the free games on.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I may agree with you on Hohokum, but Unfinished Swan is art, man. We need more games like that to get games to evolve.

Oh I appreciate what they did, it's very unique. But as a game, Swan failed to keep me motivated to keep playing.

Hohokum, I just didn't get at all.

Goldrusher

I imagine the PS office is anarchy in the last few days of the month when they try and find the scrap of paper they wrote down the free games on.

m6oYaaS.png

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Are there seriously people on NeoGAF who haven't played Journey? At what point did your head go so wrong?

I bought a PS4 in last August and my last console before that was a PSOne.
So no, I haven't played Journey.

Griss

Are there seriously people on NeoGAF who haven't played Journey? At what point did your head go so wrong?

I've honestly been waiting for it to be on PS+ since it came out. I can't fucking wait, I've been on a media blackout and everything from the start - it looks incredible. Other than maybe 3 gifs I feel like I'm still completely unspoiled. I liked Fl0w and absolutely loved Flower so I think it'll be right down my alley.

But first it needs to come to PS+ :(

45018-Billy-Dee-Williams-clapping-gi-87wh.gif

I've honestly been waiting for it to be on PS+ since it came out. I can't fucking wait, I've been on a media blackout and everything from the start - it looks incredible. Other than maybe 3 gifs I feel like I'm still completely unspoiled. I liked Fl0w and absolutely loved Flower so I think it'll be right down my alley.

But first it needs to come to PS+ :(

You "can't fucking wait", but you have been for over 3 years?! Jesus, it's an amazing game and has been on sale loads. Definitely deserves everyone's money.

Top Bottom