• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Journey would be ok, but it would need to come with something a bit more meaty. I guess people enjoy it, but even then it is going to be a very short ride.

No idea why people still think there's a dedicated time or day for the announcement.

I imagine the PS office is anarchy in the last few days of the month when they try and find the scrap of paper they wrote down the free games on.

Because they said that the games will be announced the last wednesday of the month and will become avaliable the first tuesday of the next.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You "can't fucking wait", but you have been for over 3 years?! Jesus, it's an amazing game and has been on sale loads. Definitely deserves everyone's money.
As far as I know, Journey hasn't been on sale ever since I got my PS3 (June 2014), and that's what I've been waiting for. Even though I'm dying to play it, I really don't feel like paying $15 for it unless it's guaranteed the price will never go down. I've waited so much now, what difference does a few more months make?

As far as I know, Journey hasn't been on sale ever since I got my PS3 (June 2014), and that's what I've been waiting for. Even though I'm dying to play it, I really don't feel like paying $15 for it unless it's guaranteed the price will never go down. I've waited so much now, what difference does a few more months make?

This is why I haven't played it yet.

foxbeldin

I'm pretty sure it has been discounted a few times.
Here for example.

foxbeldin

If it's AAA then people will complain that it's not game xyz they want or that the game is too old or that they already onw it or that it's not AAA enough.

Yup, they could give away TW3 and Bloodborne and you'd still see people complaining here.

TM94

Won't be too concerned if June's line-up is weak considering I've got Witcher 3 to play.

Still haven't played Ether One or Guacamelee yet.

Tried Race the Sun and Hohokum, didn't think much of either. Sharply deleted them.

If it's AAA then people will complain that it's not game xyz they want or that the game is too old or that they already onw it or that it's not AAA enough.

Yeah pretty much. Fact of the matter is if it's not a brand spanking new release that's critically acclaimed like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 given out at it's release, there will always be whiners.
Even then people will find something wrong.
Key is just to let them moan, they're entitled to do so anyway :p

foxbeldin

Well yeah...of course we would. People would be pissed because they've just come out and people have paid for them.

rPNCqww.jpg

BibiMaghoo

Fact of the matter is if it's not a brand spanking new release that's critically acclaimed like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 given out at it's release, there will always be whiners.
Even then people will find something wrong.

Then everyone that spend $60 on that game will be furious. That would be the point of contention. I think everyone under the sun understands that though, which is why new titles that make it to PS+ do so at that titles launch, to prevent that from occurirng.

Then everyone that spend $60 on that game will be furious. That would be the point of contention. I think everyone under the sun understands that though, which is why new titles that make it to PS+ do so at that titles launch, to prevent that from occurirng.

I meant those kind of games free at release in another crazy dimension lol.

But yeah that's the point.

There is no way PS+ can ever not have any loud whiners.

And that's ok to be fair. Can't make everyone happy, esp in the world of video games.

Auctopus

Are there seriously people on NeoGAF who haven't played Journey? At what point did your head go so wrong?

I can't wait for the hyperbole to come crashing down on a new set of players of Journey.

Journey is a solid game, it's very pretty but the way the titles been deified by some players as this life-changing experience where they broke down in tears as the game revealed they were playing alongside "xxxNOSCOPEKUSHxxx" through the whole game is not totally accurate for everyone. It was worth the £12 and not a penny more.

Obviously, it's everyone's opinion but I advise new players to keep their expectations in check.

I can't wait for the hyperbole to come crashing down on a new set of players of Journey.

Journey is a solid game, it's very pretty but the way the titles been deified by some players as this life-changing experience where they broke down in tears as the game revealed they were playing alongside "xxxNOSCOPEKUSHxxx" through the whole game is not totally accurate for everyone. It was worth the £12 and not a penny more.

Obviously, it's everyone's opinion but I advise new players to keep their expectations in check.

Hahaha could you even see PSN ID's in that game?

I believe they only popped up during the credits as to who was your companion.

And compared to a lot of the AAA/indie stuff that tries to go for the heart strings, Journey had way more soul and emotion in comparison.

Its a £15 experience at best imo, due to the length of the game.

That's your opinion. I am personally tired of the indie focus and would like some AAA titles.

Can't argue that point. I find after over a year and a half of near total indie focus I'm pretty burned out on them. Having some big polished AAA games is a welcomed break from the monotony. Nothing wrong with voicing a want for the bigger experience. Nobody would get upset at someone wanting the fine dining experience after eating at family restaurants month after month.

Can't argue that point. I find after over a year and a half of near total indie focus I'm pretty burned out on them. Having some big polished AAA games is a welcomed break from the monotony. Nothing wrong with voicing a want for the bigger experience. Nobody would get upset at someone wanting the fine dining experience after eating at family restaurants month after month.

No, but that's also nothing like comparing indie games to AAA games. A better example would be comparing a family run local restaurant to a national franchise.

I really don't get how you can get 'burned out' on something based purely on the number of people that made it.

VLiberty

That's the problem: indie doesn't mean that it's inferior to AAA. Indie doesn't mean shit when it comes to game's quality or genre.

And it shows when something like Rayman Legends would be welcomed while something like Velocity 2X wouldn't.

Servbot24

Banned

Shame on you Journey, for not being the universal experience that elevates the human psyche to a unified state of consciousness. :p

Ass Creed is fast food. Journey is fine dining.

Man, the word "indie" is getting annoying. I hate how it's treated a dirty word implying a game is lesser. A video game is a video game no matter the development process. Deal with it.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
bebop242 said:
I may agree with you on Hohokum, but Unfinished Swan is art, man. We need more games like that to get games to evolve.
I'd be more willing to say nice things about Unfinished Swan if they didn't make the decision to remove move support for PS4 version.

Top Bottom