• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Liamario

Banned
Plus EU update

Leaving PS Plus:

3rd June: Ether One (PS4)
3rd June: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
3rd June: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
3rd June: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
3rd June: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
3rd June: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

3rd June: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
3rd June: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
3rd June: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
3rd June: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
3rd June: Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
3rd June: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

Moobabe

Plus EU update

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Solid stuff all round.

Plus EU update

Leaving PS Plus:

Entering PS Plus:

Excellent update this month. Glad to see Skulls of the Shogun appearing - honestly had no idea that was even incoming on PS4! And I've nearly bought Ground Zeroes a couple of times, so glad to have that for free.

Dez_

Are EU releases similar to US? I'd really like to play Ground Zeros at some point, otherwise I was going to pick it up about a month or two before MGSV.

Edit: Oh, I see it's on the US blog as well. Cool.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Eh, nothing for me. Cloudberry Kingdom is fun, but I bought it when it came out.

EDIT: Will give Gunslinger a try, come to think of it. Heard good things.

Ground Zeroes is the one that makes it this month, so that's great for anyone that hasn't bought that yet. Unfortunately I don't really care about any of the other games for this month and already own GZ, so it's kind of a loser list for me personally.

Percy

Banned
Ground Demos is the only one of those I've played (Actually had a playthrough of Gunslinger on 360 years ago maybe as well) so that's not too bad I guess.

Lots of indies there though, so this thread is probably gonna be meltdown city soon :)

No need to be defensive everyone.

I really don't get how you can get 'burned out' on something based purely on the number of people that made it.

I am burnt out on the bite sized depth of most Indies that have graced + recently. Burnt out on the 16 bit era look and really burnt out on platformers.

That's the problem: indie doesn't mean that it's inferior to AAA. Indie doesn't mean shit when it comes to game's quality or genre.

And it shows when something like Rayman Legends would be welcomed while something like Velocity 2X wouldn't.

Never said it was; However most of the ps+ indies have been inferior to most AAA games.
If the games we got every month were of the likes of Journey, Outlast, This War of Mine (just naming a high quality indie as an example), Don't starve and velocity (I love btw) I wouldn't crave a big budget deep game; However that's not the case. Besides I really can't see how asking for a big budget game every now and then is offensive?
Variety is good.

Ass Creed is fast food. Journey is fine dining.

Ass Creed may be fast food, but Apotheon is a three day old 7/11 hotdog on a stale bun.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Shame that piece of shit Ground Zeroes is taking up a slot, but most of the others seem interesting. Futuridium is a game I've been wanting. And with Cloudberry Kingdom I have a reason to turn on my PS3 so that's nice. Shame the Vita port of that was silently cancelled.

dab0ne

PSN isnt letting me download Race the Sun. I've already got it purchased. Does anyone know why it's not letting me download? Did they take the game off of PSN for some reason?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ground Zeroes makes it ana amazing month for me, having just got a PS4 and completely new to the MGS franchise, cannot wait for PP!

Servbot24

Banned
Ass Creed may be fast food, but Apotheon is a three day old 7/11 hotdog on a stale bun.

Right. Point being, being indie or AAA doesn't really have any bearing on whether something is a good game.

For example in 2013, my 3 favorite games were TLOU, Fire Emblem, and Velocity. High budget, mid budget, low budget. All amazing.

mclem

Wait, haven't we had Gunslinger before?

Hmmm, it's not on the wikipedia page. I'm sure I've got it, and I don't remember buying it. Curious.

StingX2

Looking forward to Gunslinger, and Futuridium EP Deluxe! :D.

Warning to Cloudberry Kingdom players: game might be impossible to max trophies if its like the 360 version

Right. Point being, being indie or AAA doesn't really have any bearing on whether something is a good game.

For example in 2013, my 3 favorite games were TLOU, Fire Emblem, and Velocity. High budget, mid budget, low budget. All amazing.

My argument was many of the Indies we got don't compare to many of the AAA's released. Not Indies are the same or are shit.
To illustrate my point, While I liked counterspy and valiant hearts for what they are I still would have rathered Black Flag or Killzone in their place, if even to swap it up and get that big deep game experience.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My argument was many of the Indies we got don't compare to many of the AAA's released. While I liked counterspy and valiant hearts for what they are I still would have rathered Black Flag or Killzone in their place, if even to swap it up and get that big deep game experience.
Counterspy is mediocre but Valiant Hearts legit fantastic and better than almost any AAA they could possibly give away.

MUnited83

For you.
No need to be defensive everyone.

I am burnt out on the bite sized depth of most Indies that have graced + recently. Burnt out on the 16 bit era look and really burnt out on platformers.

Do you want me to list how many of the Indies that graced + recently are not platforms or have a 16 bit era look, or can you figure it out yourself? Because those claims that everything is 16bit platformers is completely ridiculuous.

MUnited83

For you.
My argument was many of the Indies we got don't compare to many of the AAA's released. Not Indies are the same or are shit.
To illustrate my point, While I liked counterspy and valiant hearts for what they are I still would have rathered Black Flag or Killzone in their place, if even to swap it up and get that big deep game experience.

Valiant Hearts ain't indie. It's a Ubisoft developed game published by Ubisoft. It's the exact same as getting Black Flag.

WITHE1982

I'm normally not one to moan about plus games but there's absolutely nothing there for me at all this month.

I already have GZ, Skulls and Zoo just aren't my types of games, I've played Call Of Juarez, Futuridium looks like another Race The Sun (good but limited) and Cloudberry Kingdom looks like a gamesloft platformer (although I'm probably doing it a disservice and it'll be hella-fun to play)

Probably for the best as I have 100s in my back log.

Edit: On a brighter note I can get £10 trade in for my copy of GZ so thanks for that Sony.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Those awesome games were 2 years old and dirt cheap at retail. They aren't going to put recent games on PS Plus.
Not always. There were a number of games given away inside a year. Tons of first party stuff and even some third party games like Sleeping Dogs for example. Vita also got lots of retail stuff fairly quickly.

Fbh

Ok month for because of Ground Zeroes

I don't own a Ps3 anymore and the rest of the Ps4 stuff just isn't my style (Skulls of the Shogun mabye but from comments I've seen it seems to be a strategy game simplified for the Iphone audience)

Hasney

Score, don't have to rebuy GZ to transfer to Phantom Pain.

Was never a fan of Skulls of the Shogun, so nothing for me, but GZ is worth yet another 10 hours of my time.

Top Bottom