• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Liamc723

Shame that piece of shit Ground Zeroes is taking up a slot, but most of the others seem interesting. Futuridium is a game I've been wanting. And with Cloudberry Kingdom I have a reason to turn on my PS3 so that's nice. Shame the Vita port of that was silently cancelled.

Piece of shit? Good joke. It's the best PS+ game we've had in months.

Matty77

Call of Juarez looks decent. I love the FPS genre but I refuse to pay for them because of the direction the genre has gone in.

So every time plus has one it allows me to get my FPS fix without paying 60 dollars to support games that have design choices I don't care for.

Do you want me to list how many of the Indies that graced + recently are not platforms or have a 16 bit era look, or can you figure it out yourself? Because those claims that everything is 16bit platformers is completely ridiculuous.

Calm down, "everything" is not what I said. Don't see where you'd get that from and maybe you should re-read my posts with less emotion.
My point was pretty clear and I even provided more clarity in follow up posts. Not exactly sure what you're gaining by acting intentionally obtuse *shrug*

Valiant Hearts ain't indie. It's a Ubisoft developed game published by Ubisoft. It's the exact same as getting Black Flag.

Sorry should have said Never Alone, and yep, exacly the same. Totally.

Jusoni

CoJ:Gunslinger was the most fun I've had with a FPS in a long time. Played it on PC, but it can't be worse on PS3. Bit short though, steam shows playtime of 5hrs, played only the storymode. Gonna play it again just for trophies. So good.

oti

Banned
War has changed.

N1etF82.jpg

Ground Zeroes is pretty cool. Congrats to those who haven't already bought it. Except I wanna be the guy I suppose.

Nothing new for me though, so in my personal life this is a bad month.

1er tigre

Those awesome games were 2 years old and dirt cheap at retail. They aren't going to put recent games on PS Plus.
This is wrong. Batman arkham city, bioshock infinite, tomb raider, dmc, métal gear rising, infamous 2, mass effect 3, etc. Were more or less one year old

hawk2025

Same as getting Black Flag, seriously? I don't remember Valiant Hearts in retail stores at $60?

Wait, so it's about price?

This is really hard to follow. Does that mean that Ground Zeroes was worth $40, but then when Konami changed their minds and launched it at $30, this immediately decreased the value of the game once it's delivered on PS+ more than a year later?

Wait, maybe we should judge by the current price instead?

Black Flag is currently $20 on Amazon, while Valiant Hearts is $15. Is that close enough? Maybe?

If there's ever early access and someone decides to charge $100, will that be the bar we set?

Help me out, GAF. I have a really hard time tracking these fucking stupid arbitrary rules.

kiyoaki

Okay month. I don't really like FPS, but I guess I'll give Gunslinger a try. And Ground Zeroes joins the growing list of PS4 games I'll play once I have the console.

I know people want to defend the honour of their indie games but ultimately, some people want longer games on this service and unless you get addicted to getting high scores in some of these indie games, they do not provide that value. And I'm just saying this is how some people feel. Don't come at me with some stupid argument like "if a game was a thousand hours long but it was shit, would that give it greater value, huuuuuuuuuuh?" Some people need a longish campaign to enjoy games and most of the indies we've been getting are about 2-3 hours long.

Anyway, a lot of the games look pretty boring this month. Futuridium looks interesting enough though.

Wait, so it's about price?

This is really hard to follow. Does that mean that Ground Zeroes was worth $40, but then when Konami changed their minds and launched it at $30, this immediately decreased the value of the game once it's delivered on PS+ more than a year later?

Wait, maybe we should judge by the current price instead?

Black Flag is currently $20 on Amazon, while Valiant Hearts is $15. Is that close enough? Maybe?

If there's ever early access and someone decides to charge $100, will that be the bar we set?

Help me out, GAF. I have a really hard time tracking these fucking stupid arbitrary rules.

Then maybe don't make them up and you won't have to keep track of any arbitrary rules.

The difference between Valiant Hearts and Black Flag is clear as day. Just as the difference between a big budget and small budget game is clear. The argument isn't one is better than the other, it is that they're different. I don't understand why people are getting defensive and bent out of shape for wanting a little of everything.

Gunslinger is great. Other than that it's a rather weak month.

Played the demo of it ages ago and it wasn't for me. Seemed to be a game with not much more than constant enemies rushing you. I know it's well thought of so it probably does that genre brilliantly, but it's not my cup of tea!

Also didn't like that my character was about three feet tall.

Quick

Banned
Plus EU update

Leaving PS Plus:

3rd June: Ether One (PS4)
3rd June: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
3rd June: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
3rd June: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
3rd June: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
3rd June: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Entering PS Plus:

3rd June: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS4)
3rd June: Skulls of the Shogun: Bone-A-Fide Edition (PS4)
3rd June: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (PS3)
3rd June: Cloudberry Kingdom (PS3)
3rd June: Futuridium (PS4 & PS Vita)
3rd June: Super Exploding Zoo (PS4 & PS Vita)

Haven't played any of those games. I'm looking forward to Ground Zeroes most. I didn't really want to pay for it, and now it's free.

hawk2025

Then maybe don't make them up and you won't have to keep track of any arbitrary rules.

The difference between Valiant Hearts and Black Flag is clear as day. Just as the difference between a big budget and small budget game is clear. The argument isn't one is better than the other, it is that they're different. I don't understand why people are getting defensive and bent out of shape for wanting a little of everything.

Variety?

You mean like an open world stealth game, a turn-based strategy game, a real-time action isometric game, a flying puzzle-shooter, a first person shooter, and a platformer?

Or variety as in "X number of people spent $Y in game 1, Z number of people spent $W in game 2" type of variety?

No one is getting bent out of shape -- it's just that the arguments and logic being put forth is utter nonsense. People aren't asking for quality, they are asking for arbitrary budget values. We should be complaining about shit like Tower of Guns making the cut IMO, not pre-emptively dismissing something like Exploding Zoo before even trying it and having no notion of its quality.

I see zero issues with looking at this lineup and not getting very excited. But when that is married with thinking that this is true ONLY because of arbitrary budget or original pricing reasons that we delve into nonsense.

MUnited83

For you.
Same as getting Black Flag, seriously? I don't remember Valiant Hearts in retail stores at $60?

I don't remember Black Flag being 60$ in retail stores when Valiant Hearts released on Plus. In fact, I'm pretty sure it as been in the 15-25$ price range.

Do try to find a better argument, that one was terrible.

Luke_Wal

I've never gotten upset about something like this before, but Ground Zeroes was JUST on sale a few weeks ago and I picked it up. Whatever, I had a good time and it was worth the $8 or whatever it was, but that is a little upsetting. Almost glad it's a weaker month; I've got a crapload of games to play through, headlined by The Witcher.

hohoXD123

I know people want to defend the honour of their indie games but ultimately, some people want longer games on this service and unless you get addicted to getting high scores in some of these indie games, they do not provide that value. And I'm just saying this is how some people feel. Don't come at me with some stupid argument like "if a game was a thousand hours long but it was shit, would that give it greater value, huuuuuuuuuuh?" Some people need a longish campaign to enjoy games and most of the indies we've been getting are about 2-3 hours long.

Anyway, a lot of the games look pretty boring this month. Futuridium looks interesting enough though.

Don't really buy that argument. There are plenty of AAA games which are maybe 10-15 hours long, that's well within the range of some indies which have been given out in the past, such as Transistor. But yes, it is about perceived value, not so much game length or quality but more the launch price.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Don't really buy that argument. There are plenty of AAA games which are maybe 10-15 hours long, that's well within the range of some indies which have been given out in the past, such as Transistor. But yes, it is about perceived value, not so much game length or quality but more the launch price.
I want to play your copy of Transistor.

KingV

The perceived value isn't just pulled out of thin air though. Generally speaking, I think indie games are worth about $5, because within a year you will either get it via PS+ (if its any good) or it will hit a bundle/flash sale/steam sale for less than $5. Many of the recent PS+ games have already hit that status on PC, or retail on phones already for <$5 as their regular price.

Retail games can seldom be had for <$20 for 1+ years after launch, so they are somewhat objectively a better value. Typically a retail game would cost you more to obtain within two years of launch than an indie within one year.

Olli Olli is a great game, probably better than Knack. I played it for 2 or 3 hours... But I also paid like $2 for it in a flash sale. I can't buy Knack for $2, and its been out for over a year.

Busty

Banned
I remember playing the demo on 360 when it came out and thinking it was pretty damn cool, so certainly keen to have a go at the full version.

I played it on PC and really enjoyed it. Its not a super long game either. I recommend at least one play through.

I played through it on PC. I really enjoyed it so if you haven't played it yet, try it out.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely check it out. Ideally it's not a super long campaign as I really need to get back to my ever increasing pile o' shame before it topples over and crushes me.

Fuck this. The R2 trigger sensitivity issue that effected Helldivers with certain controllers is in Ground Zeroes too. I rented this 2 months ago and couldn't shoot.

I might demand a refund next week. I'm not playing for something I can't play.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, at least Ground Zeroes is appropriately priced. ;)

I wasn't going to spend any money on it (because fuck Kojima since MGS4 and fuck Konami since... well, you know), but since it's free I'll probably check it out. And I might check out Call of Juarez too since it's apparently decent and not too long.

Too bad I only just got back into Bloodborne though. xD

Are you seriously making that argument? LOL. Not only it's fallacious (as others said, VH didn't come out on PS+ when Black Flag was $60, but when it was around $20 or so), but it's just a stupid argument to begin with. We should worry about quality, not price.

I'll take Valiant Hearts over any, and I do mean any big-budget Ubisoft game. The latter all bore the shit out of me, but Valiant Hearts was genuinely enjoyable.

ty_hot

quick question, about the free games

lets say i have a subscription, and I download a free game. I understand that I can only play it while I have a subscription (if I stop paying, I stop playing). So, if I will delete it from my HDD, and after I will start a new subscription, will I be able to download it again?

quick question, about the free games

lets say i have a subscription, and I download a free game. I understand that I can only play it while I have a subscription (if I stop paying, I stop playing). So, if I will delete it from my HDD, and after I will start a new subscription, will I be able to download it again?
Yes, you can always redownload everything. As long as you make sure you 'buy' the games when they're free on Plus.

Chopper

You could play every single MGS game in order five times and still have no bloody idea what's going on, so I wouldn't worry about the plot too much.
Haha. Okay. I'm in.

I know nothing about any of this month's games. I'm certainly not complaining for the sake of £3.33 per month. They will be played.

Celegus

I'm down for Skulls of the Shogun for sure (building that 17-bit hype train?) and I've heard good things about Gunslinger. I'm a pretty big MGS fan, but Ground Zeroes did nothing for me. I still find the gameplay very clumsy and there just wasn't enough story to keep me interested. Not sure how it plays, but the art style of Cloudberry has always made me want to vomit so I think I'll skip that.

red720

I just watched a trailer for Super Exploding Zoo and there was a disappointing lack of explosions.
s
EDIT: Futuridium, reminds me of Sky Roads. From the trailer it seems like the it perhaps should have either done shoot or evasion and not tried both - also don't like how those blue collectables obscure your vision. People on here are often wondering if they'll be some indie game emulating the early 3d graphical style, well here you go I guess. Still keen to try this out as I like flying games.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
hawk2025 said:
I think it's based on a weighted* sum of development man/decades and marketing $/minute.

*Weighted by publisher - eg. Ubisoft Man/Decade or Activision $/Minute.

xrnzaaas

Played the demo of it ages ago and it wasn't for me. Seemed to be a game with not much more than constant enemies rushing you. I know it's well thought of so it probably does that genre brilliantly, but it's not my cup of tea!

Also didn't like that my character was about three feet tall.

Yeah, depends on what you like. Call of Juarez 1 & 2 had more focus on telling a serious story and providing a realistic experience of the Wild West. Gunslinger is much more arcadish and it's filled with humor, but it's not a simple & dumb shooter without a plot. I like all of the CoJ games with the exception of Cartel (it was still ok, but the modern setting and some major gameplay flaws ruined a lot).

Top Bottom