• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

cyba89

The controls of Futuridium feel really weird and not natural. Almost feels like the is a delay or something. And why can't I control the menu with the D-pad?

Matty77

Doesn't it take about 60-90 minutes to complete? Might be a good appetiser to play a month or two before TPP and not too close so you don't feel burned out on MGS.
story wise yeah, give or take depending on how good you are. But for a true fan of the series or the type of gameplay there is a LOT more content than just the prologue story.

Plus everything has been overhauled to the point it's a good primer to be ready to go into TPP knowing the mechanics.

Verly late but I just finished Aarus Awakening. Thought it was kind of neat, good difficulty but a bit too frustrating at times. Cool for a free title but I wouldn't recommend paying money for it.

I thought Aaru's Awakening was going to be PlayStation Plus's lowest point ever, but Futuridium is doing everything it can to claim that title.

kevin1025

Banned
The controls of Futuridium feel really weird and not natural. Almost feels like the is a delay or something. And why can't I control the menu with the D-pad?

Yeah, the D-pad not working in menus was odd, I never use the stick for menus. And the flying doesn't feel that tight. Also, screw that box thing at the end of Zone 1, I had an excellent run going and it ruined everything.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Cloudberry Kingdom is really cool, but there was one level I just got that seriously pissed me off and not in a good way. I was the bouncing character and I basically had to bounce from platform to platform to tge end with swinging spike balls everywhere. You had to get your boucing in the exact way so that the spike balls at certain points would be in the right positions. The problem is there wasn't really a way to know how that was and it all came down to pure trial and error. Like you could bounce your way so far but because your timing wasn't exactly the way it needed to be when you reach certain points it was impossible to get past the spike balls. Felt really unfair.

And now I've come across a level that I'm pretty sure is actually impossible. A bounce pad isn't giving me enough height to reach the platform I need to reach. I'm playing as the charcter that switches between being big and small every second. No matter if I bounce on the bounce pad whether Ibig or small it doesn't give me the height I need to reach the platform. This game is really fun for tbe most part but things like this really hurt the experience.

I can't download Super Exploding Zoo. It keeps getting to about 400mb and then slows to a crawl. It's currently telling me the last 78mb will take 34 minutes to download, and it doesn't make any difference even if I put my Vita next to the modem. Anyone else had this?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I can't download Super Exploding Zoo. It keeps getting to about 400mb and then slows to a crawl. It's currently telling me the last 78mb will take 34 minutes to download, and it doesn't make any difference even if I put my Vita next to the modem. Anyone else had this?
Yeah that happened to me. I just left it for a while and it eventually downloaded.

Stupid thing. I downloaded Futuridium in about three minutes just to test that it wasn't a fault with the Vita or broadband. And SEZ is still taking forever. I'll try another day instead.

Holy shit at that Ground Zeroes ending. This is the first Metal Gear game I've played before and it was fantastic; will definitely be buying Phantom Pain.

Skulls of the Shogun has crashed three times in quarter of an hour. Game seems quite fun too, but I can't be arsed to play through the first five minutes of the tutorial for a fourth time tonight.

Skulls of the Shogun has crashed three times in quarter of an hour. Game seems quite fun too, but I can't be arsed to play through the first five minutes of the tutorial for a fourth time tonight.

That seems to be the norm for the PSN/PS+ simultaneous debut titles, it seems.

I still need to burn through all the free games PS+ has been handing out, there's so many of them. Owning all 3 PS systems has never been such a curse till now.

I was playing Ground Zeroes earlier and went into the options to check out the controls.

It had to open up my web browser just so I could see the control layout.

I miss the days of instruction booklets ><

You're not kidding. The first level where you are told about giving pathing instructions to individual units was an insane spike in difficulty.
Yeah, I still don't get it, and I even cleared the second park! I'm now at the third park and I just noped the hell out of it for now. It's pretty difficult and requires a lot of thinking and patience. I absolutely love it however.

I also played a bit of Ground Zeroes. Also pretty much the same reaction as mentioned above / it's extraordinary how well it's made. Phantom Pain will be a no-brainer.

Futuridium played like Race to the Sun, a mobile game that has no business being on a console.

Haven't tried Skulls of the Shogun yet but this month is already a success for me.

jamster126

Neo Member
Man I keep trying to play skulls but it keeps crashing at the tutorial....seen few others have this problem too. Any ideas or wait for a patch?

I tried to play Super Exploding Zoo on Vita while going to bed, but then found that massive initial load... Felt asleep before it finished (no kidding).

Skulls of the Shogun seems like best of the bunch, controls and UI could use a bit of worh though. The style of homour reminds me of Paper Mario for some reason...

Futuridium - quite difficult one, would work better in 3D maybe. Or first person.

Super Exploding Zoo - didn't feel like playing puzzle games, so I just quickly tried it and it felt decent enough.

edit: I already bought Ground Zeroes when it was 5-6 euros on sale... It felt disapointing compared to MGS3, which was the last MGS I played before it.

Murdoch

Holy shit at that Ground Zeroes ending. This is the first Metal Gear game I've played before and it was fantastic; will definitely be buying Phantom Pain.

I'm in the same boat. I went in blind and finished the story in about 83 minutes. I certainly wouldn't have paid full price for it but I enjoyed the game and am now on board for Phantom Pain later this year.

How long did it take you to complete?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah I think I'm in love with Cloudberry Kingdom. Ridiculously fun. Makes me even more angry that the Vita port got cancelled. This would have been perfect on a portable.

New PS+ titles are pretty... meh (apart from MGS obviously, but that I already bought).
I just don't get the appeal behind stuff that, in my eyes, accumulates to little more than those flash games that were (are?) popular years back. That's not the kind of gaming experience I'm into. I understand some of the cross-buy games are primarily for Vita, but well, that's part of the reason why I'm not into handheld games either.
I guess the gameplay mechanic just has to click with you. Like Pix the cat, that one is pretty awesome.

Played Ether One instead today. Apart from the graphics it's quite a nicely done game - if it weren't for the bugs. I gave up on a certain puzzle and wanted to google the solution. Well, the solution was that the updated version broke the keyboard functionality and the game never told me to enter stuff so I never even knew that this was gameplay feature.
I continued playing (as these puzzles are optional) and they released today a new patch that fixes that. Great, wanted to go back to the old puzzle via the map. Game freezes. I restart the game -> continue -> black screen. BUT it just fixed itself after leaving it there for 5 minutes... Just not a nice user experience.

redcrayon

That happened to me too. I did what normally do and turned the photo gallery onto slideshow to stop the Vita going to sleep, and then left it overnight.

Looking forward to trying Super Exploding Zoo on my way home. I played half an hour of Futuridium this morning and it feels like a poorer, less pretty version of Race the Sun from last month.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Haven't played MGS or Gunslinger yet either, but not a fan of the other games. March's line up has been the best so far.
The month that included the only game to ever make me cry, a remake of one of my favourite games of all time, and my current GOTY? I agree with this.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You know what the worst thing about Futuridium is? Do you want to continue?

No
Yes

FUCK YOU GAME! THE ONLY BUTTON YOU PRESS IN THIS GAME IS X. YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE THE BUTTON PRESSED. WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE IT SO THAT HOLDING X AUTOMATICALLY SAYS I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE AS SOON AS I DIE?! FUCKING FUCK!

hawk2025

Yo, Skulls of the Shogun ate Massive Chalice's lunch this month.

Much better, fun, and interesting take on the turn-based strategy design. I regret sleeping on this game when it originally released.

redcrayon

Put an hour into super exploding zoo on the way home. I'm not keen on it. The central premise is cool, but hit detection seems a bit off and the animation is a bit amateurish. After it took an hour to download the last 50mb, it took ten minutes to uninstall too.

Worst Vita PS+ month in the 18 months I've been subbed. Ah well, things can only get better next month.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Tried MGS. Sorry guys, I still hate the series and this is doing nothing to change that. Also fucking LOL at having to be connected to the internet to look up the controls.

Zomba13

You know what the worst thing about Futuridium is? Do you want to continue?

No
Yes

FUCK YOU GAME! THE ONLY BUTTON YOU PRESS IN THIS GAME IS X. YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE THE BUTTON PRESSED. WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE IT SO THAT HOLDING X AUTOMATICALLY SAYS I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE AS SOON AS I DIE?! FUCKING FUCK!

I absolutely hate that stuff. When stupid UI shit like that doesn't get thought through right. Like how in Mario Kart 8 the default option was "view replay" rather than "next track" when playing GPs. It's a small thing but can quickly colour my thoughts on a game depending on how frustrating it is and in an arcade game where you want to get back into the action as soon as possible having the default be "no" rather than "yes" is terrible, especially when if you don't want to continue you can quit from the game in any number of ways if you accidentally press X to continue but if you want to get back into the game you have to bounce back to the menu and go back in.

I'm in the same boat. I went in blind and finished the story in about 83 minutes. I certainly wouldn't have paid full price for it but I enjoyed the game and am now on board for Phantom Pain later this year.

How long did it take you to complete?

I believe about 80 minutes for the main story

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Don't assume too much. I would say we haven't had an actual good month in quite along time.
Cause games like Millzone Mercenary, Unfinished Swan, Murasaki Baby and OlliOlli2 are all garbage, right guys?

We've gone from Vita has no games to Vita PS Plus has no games. An improvement I guess.

Cause games like Millzone Mercenary, Unfinished Swan, Murasaki Baby and OlliOlli2 are all garbage, right guys?

We've gone from Vita has no games to Vita PS Plus has no games. An improvement I guess.

Murasaki was frustrating ,with the rest of your list i agree. Counterspy was really good, if you look past the loading issues.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Murasaki was frustrating with the rest i agree. Counterspy was really good if you look past the loading issues.
I didn't like Counterspy. The gameplay felt really mediocre, the game was super short yet despite that length the shitty procedural generation still managed to make the game feel super repetitive by the end.

But let me add another Vita game from earlier in the year. Kick and Fennick! Was that a surprise hit or what? It deserved way more attention than it got.

I didn't like Counterspy. The gameplay felt really mediocre, the game was super short yet despite that length the shitty procedural generation still managed to make the game feel super repetitive by the end.

But let me add another Vita game from earlier in the year. Kick and Fennick! Was that a surprise hit or what? It deserved way more attention than it got.

Is it really good? Haven't tried it yet.

feels good to have such a tight character control in MGS. Coming from witcher where moving geralt in tight spaces is a chore, here its a delight to move Snake

Top Bottom