• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Siegmeyer

Is it really good? Haven't tried it yet.

Kick & Fennick is great. It's a unique platformer in that you can vary your jumping parabola as your 'jump' is actually the recoil of the cannon you carry around. Once you unlock double and super jumps you can get really creative with your traversal (and it's necessary to reach some of the collectibles). Best Vita game from Plus this year (imo).

Karu

I loved Aaru'a Awakening. I like Futuridium so far. Players gonna play play play play play. Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
in regards to it being the worst of PSPlus... either PSPlus-GAFs standards are really that ridiclious high or mine are just that low.

I was hesitant to even start Aaru's Awakening, but eventually I (just) did. Played the first eight level, which includes the first boss. Sure, the game can get frustrating (though never to a grating degree) and the controls need a bit to get used to, but else? It's not the best game and certainly not necessarily up my own alley, but worst of PSPlus ever? lololol.
It looks great, it is challenging, it has some neat level design.

Dunno if I already mentioned it, but finished Unfinished Swan and yeah... it was okay-ish. Story didn't grab me at all and the different levels were just alright. Glad I didn't buy it.

Also finished Ether One. I like the style, the story got it hooks into me early on and the simple puzzle design kept me playing, BUT... the game presents itself in such an obrue maanner at times that I got lost along the way (Not literally) There was no real sense of purpose and the passive story elements (notes, answering machines etc.) didn't seem to form a coherent piece unless you really pay attention. Since the puzzles weren't even required to move forward (instead you just have to collect a certain item 8 times per level), I just said fuck it and ran through the last level. Although, for fans of the genre, it's almost a must, because - as I said - it has many great ideas and a really cool style. The story ends on a supposed to mind-fuck I guess, but since my level of engagement neared zero, it fell flat.

Being a PS Plus member really saved my ass today. Decided to finally upgrade to a 2TB HDD on my PS4 late last night and I made the grave misfortune of not backing up my save data to the USB drive I was using, only to the new HDD. So I've spent most of the time re-downloading most of my apps with no saved data and having new data instead. I thought I lost almost everything.

I decided to look up the info on cloud storage. I didn't actually upload my data to online storage yesterday, but I decided to look at the info anyway. I then went to my PS4 and checked out the application saved data management and much to my surprise (and enjoyment), my previous saved data was all stored. I immediately downloaded all my saved data for the stuff I've downloaded so far.

Really grateful that I'm a PS+ member

Hasney

Easily the best PS4 month ever just because of Ground Zeros. Why the hell did I sell this game? Going to end up close to 70 hours by the time Phantom Pain is out.

xrnzaaas

Being a PS Plus member really saved my ass today. Decided to finally upgrade to a 2TB HDD on my PS4 late last night and I made the grave misfortune of not backing up my save data to the USB drive I was using, only to the new HDD. So I've spent most of the time re-downloading most of my apps with no saved data and having new data instead. I thought I lost almost everything.

I decided to look up the info on cloud storage. I didn't actually upload my data to online storage yesterday, but I decided to look at the info anyway. I then went to my PS4 and checked out the application saved data management and much to my surprise (and enjoyment), my previous saved data was all stored. I immediately downloaded all my saved data for the stuff I've downloaded so far.

Really grateful that I'm a PS+ member

Sadly online storage doesn't help if you have more than 10-15 games, because most savegames take about 50-100 MB (Driveclub and GTA V take more than 200MB) and there's only 1GB avaiable. Plus you have to manage yourself what should be uploaded and what shouldn't and as far as I know you have to delete manually each savegame you don't want in online storage.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sadly online storage doesn't help if you have more than 10-15 games, because most savegames take about 50-100 MB (Driveclub and GTA V take more than 200MB) and there's only 1GB avaiable. Plus you have to manage yourself what should be uploaded and what shouldn't and as far as I know you have to delete manually each savegame you don't want in online storage.
Tbey really need to remove that limit. It's a joke. But then if save files on PS4 weren't so damn insane it wouldn't be as much of a problem. The sizes of save files on PS4 makes no sense whatsoever. You've even got stuff like Apotheon taking over 300mb! I don't get it.

xrnzaaas

Yep, they are inflated. Like for instance Telltale Games saves take about 70MB each and the savegame only needs to store a small bunch of choices. I bet they could be squeezed into a small file that weighs much less than 1MB.

I thought it was fantastic. Well executed gameplay and brilliant level design.
Been playing it myself and I am really enjoying it, about half way through chapter 4 now so have about 15 levels to go before I finish it.

I have to say, it also gets pretty damn tough later on, some of the jumps you have to make are damn hard and really takes some careful thought being put into it.

Have a few levels where I didn’t get all the gears/special gear but not a lot so I may go back and get everything once I am done.

As for Murasaki Baby – overall I enjoyed it. It had great visuals, simple but engagement story, some interesting uses/puzzles with the various touch controls. The only things I didn’t like were that it was rather short and something you couldn’t appreciate the visuals since you had to have your hands in the way to control the character and the balloon but otherwise I enjoyed it.

Matty77

Honestly even the games I have not enjoyed were mostly good or not something I was into. The only game this year I thought was a complete waste was Tower of Guns.

It sounds like it should be awesome but that was one I have no problem calling trash.

BibiMaghoo

Super Exploding Zoo.

Every time I launch it, it crashes 5 seconds into the splash screen. Try to delete it, it has been trying to do so for 10 minutes with a 'please wait'.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hasney

Super Exploding Zoo.

Every time I launch it, it crashes 5 seconds into the splash screen. Try to delete it, it has been trying to do so for 10 minutes with a 'please wait'.

Not with that specifically, but with other games. Do a database rebuild and try that.

Ferr986

Yesterday I beat Hohokum (although it seems I missed a lot because I barely unlock trophies).
That was... an interesting game. Had more fun that I expected with such a basic game. Really charming.

LakeEarth

Please tell me Futuridium evolves beyond shooting squares?

This game is begging for gun turrets and flying enemies.

I didn't play long enough to find out. Looks great, but I got too bored to keep playing it.

Similarly with Exploding Zoo, but at least with that one I can see the potential of what it can become when it ramps up ... it's just taking too long to ramp up.

Yesterday I beat Hohokum (although it seems I missed a lot because I barely unlock trophies).
That was... an interesting game. Had more fun that I expected with such a basic game. Really charming.

Most of the trophies for that game require you to go out of your way to do stuff. Kind of like Octodad. Just playing the main game will barely get you any trophies.

BibiMaghoo

Not with that specifically, but with other games. Do a database rebuild and try that.

I had to hard shutdown just to get it off the screen. When I booted back up it had deleted. Doesn't like my Vita at all, guess I'll try download it again and rebuild as above.

dracula_x

Please tell me Futuridium evolves beyond shooting squares?

This game is begging for gun turrets and flying enemies.

You'll see gun turrets later in game. But not sure about flying enemies.

Super Exploding Zoo.

Game runs fine on PS4, but have issues on Vita – stuck at loading screen.

I am pretty happy about the inclusion of Metal Gear due to the amount of different playstyles and fun you can have with it. However I will admit I was a bit disappointed how short the main mission was. I am glad I didnt shell 40 dollar for it. What became apparent while trying to read the story bits is what a colosal mess it has become since Metal Gear Solid 2. I cant believe I enjoyed this story nonsense when I was younger.

Tbey really need to remove that limit. It's a joke. But then if save files on PS4 weren't so damn insane it wouldn't be as much of a problem. The sizes of save files on PS4 makes no sense whatsoever. You've even got stuff like Apotheon taking over 300mb! I don't get it.

No kidding. I got a warning that my cloud backup was full. Turns out... Little Big Planet 3 takes up over 600mb. That's over 60% of my allotted space... for. one. game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Anybody else feel like this is the best PS4 month we've had in quite some time?
I've yet to play Shogun but otherwise nah. Shogun could put the month on that level but as of now I'm saying no. PS3 and Vita seem like the best since March though. Then again Killzone Mercenary was in April and regardless of the fact I already owned it that probably makes April better than this month for Vita.

So, got a PS4 last weeks and thus am finally able to reap the benefits of dilligently adding the then unplayable PS4 title to my basket every month.

How are;

1) Outlast
2) MGS V: Ground Zeroes?

(If my glacier-pace internet ever fucking finishes the DL)

Ground Zeroes is fun but it's nothing more than a demo that can be completed in an hour or two if you want to tackle the side missions. Incredible graphics, cool story, solid mechanics (although aiming down iron sights feels wonky), and a crazy good soundtrack have convinced me to buy the full product when it comes out. That being said, I feel sorry for the suckers who actually paid money for this; that's like shelling out $30-$40 for one of those crappy demo discs that came in the back of early 00's gaming mags.

So, got a PS4 last weeks and thus am finally able to reap the benefits of dilligently adding the then unplayable PS4 title to my basket every month.

How are;

1) Outlast
2) MGS V: Ground Zeroes?

(If my glacier-pace internet ever fucking finishes the DL)

Outlast is one of the scariest games I've played. You're unable to fight back, and its atmosphere is great. You should definitely play through it.

Ground Zeroes is also good, but it's nothing too special.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Outlast is one of the scariest games I've played. You're unable to fight back, and its atmosphere is great. You should definitely play through it.

Ground Zeroes is also good, but it's nothing too special.
Yeah Outlast was amazing. Probably my second favourite horror game behind Alien Isolation.

Roto13

Already have Ground Zeroes. Had always been somewhat interested in giving Futuridium a try. Gave it a go today. It's not very good. :(

Bad month for me.

Fuck, some seriously good games on offer the past couple of months. Shelved GTA V/Witcher 3 for the day and been dipping into my back catalogue.

Skulls is interesting, can't wait to dig deeper with it. Seems similar to Fire Emblem (in a way).

Race the Sun is addictive as hell. No idea how I haven't heard about this? I was playing it for about an hour straight. Amazing soundtrack.

Outlast.... got about 5 minutes in and NOPE'd the fuck out. Just nope. Tonnes of nope. A whole special delivery of "Nope".

MGSV: Ground Zeroes. Not played much yet, and haven't really had the patience for a Metal Gear title before (attempted MGS3 on many occasions), but I got to the part where
you rescue Chico, and am currently looking for the other one.
It's absolutely gorgeous, dat rain.

Unfinished Swan is weird, but gorgeous. I'm usually not a fan of these story based first person titles, but it's rather intriguing. Seems made for children, but not sure if a child would have the patience. Good screenshot fodder.

As is Ether One. Which I've just started playing. Sounds like an Eternal Sunshine type deal.

Don't think I'll be unsubscribing from PS+ again anytime soon, some fantastic titles I probably wouldn't have ever picked up myself.

Kaimu

Was wondering if someone could help me out.

Since I used the restore licenses option all my ps plus games that I didnt download and were sitting in the library are gone. It seems to only show the things that are installed on my ps4 :/ Anyone got the same issue perhaps?

xrnzaaas

Outlast.... got about 5 minutes in and NOPE'd the fuck out. Just nope. Tonnes of nope. A whole special delivery of "Nope".
Outlast is imo one of the best horror games released in the past few years. The story is great (as long as you remember to read notes) and the gameplay gets tense very frequently. You just have to be familiar with the genre, because otherwise you'll get a heart attack after triggering one of the earliest scares or (if you're not a total pussy ;)) while finishing one of the chase/hunt sequences. Oh, and you also have to be resistant to gore since there's plenty of that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
About a year LTTP but god damn Puppeteer is amazing. Also the exact kind of game I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for PS+.
My man. Puppeteer was amazing. I bought it before it went on Plus. No regrets. I think it's the best platformer Sony have made since Crash. Charming as fuck and really well executed gameplay.

Duster

Futuridium - quite difficult one, would work better in 3D maybe. Or first person.

I put first person mode on by accident and hated it, it took me ages to work out how to turn it off but it turns out you have to press down on the d-pad if you want to try it.

The controls of Futuridium feel really weird and not natural. Almost feels like the is a delay or something. And why can't I control the menu with the D-pad?

You know what the worst thing about Futuridium is? Do you want to continue?

No
Yes

FUCK YOU GAME! THE ONLY BUTTON YOU PRESS IN THIS GAME IS X. YOU CONSTANTLY HAVE THE BUTTON PRESSED. WHY IN THE ACTUAL FUCK WOULD YOU MAKE IT SO THAT HOLDING X AUTOMATICALLY SAYS I DONT WANT TO CONTINUE AS SOON AS I DIE?! FUCKING FUCK!

Grrrr I hate all those things too, typical that when I don't want to use the d-pad during the game I accidentally press it but it doesn't work in a menu.

The game feels like a modern day Net Yaroze title with it's half-finished UI and controls that feel slightly off. I don't think that's entirely a bad thing as I loved Net Yaroze, I can certainly see the appeal of Futuridium but I don't think this game is for me.

Top Bottom