• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Finished Kick and Fennick, it was a pretty good game thanks for recommending it I wanna be the guy.
You're welcome. I relly hope the developers made some bank just from releasing the game on PS Plus. It's been criminally ignored and I'm pretty sure other than PS Plus pretty much nobody has bought it.

Finished Kick and Fennick, it was a pretty good game thanks for recommending it I wanna be the guy.

Im on Chapter 5, Stage 4 at the moment and have really enjoyed it so far. Another vote for people to check it out as its fun and can be very challenging at times with some of the jumps you have to make.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Skulls of the Shogun has gotten too hard for my tastes. I don't generally play strategy games and now that the game has opened up it's revealing my pure suckage at strategy games. I'm on what I assume is the last level of the second world and it's kicking my ass. The already fully powered up healing guys on the enemy team mess up anything I do. Anyone got any tips?

Celegus

Skulls of the Shogun has gotten too hard for my tastes. I don't generally play strategy games and now that the game has opened up it's revealing my pure suckage at strategy games. I'm on what I assume is the last level of the second world and it's kicking my ass. The already fully powered up healing guys on the enemy team mess up anything I do. Anyone got any tips?

Just beat it tonight, and by far the easiest way to win is to creep slowly, don't overextend your units because they will just get swarmed and killed instantly. Archers are ridiculously good, just be sure to hide them behind spirit walls or shoot and then back up. I rarely ever even used Akamoto, I usually just let him meditate to 18 health and then cleaned up with him at the end.

I loved the game a TON. It's definitely something I'll keep coming back to and clean up some gold skulls here and there.

Celegus said it all pretty much. For that particular mission. I sent 1 Calvary and Archer to secure the rice fields, and grouped my infantry around Akamoto. Playing conservatively is key.

bobawesome

Anybody else feel like this is the best PS4 month we've had in quite some time?

To me, this is the worst month I've seen in quite some time. Plus has its highs and lows.

edit: Oh, just noticed you specified PS4. Well, in that case it's certainly not the worst but as an overall package I can't help but feel disappointed.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just beat it tonight, and by far the easiest way to win is to creep slowly, don't overextend your units because they will just get swarmed and killed instantly. Archers are ridiculously good, just be sure to hide them behind spirit walls or shoot and then back up. I rarely ever even used Akamoto, I usually just let him meditate to 18 health and then cleaned up with him at the end.

I loved the game a TON. It's definitely something I'll keep coming back to and clean up some gold skulls here and there.

Celegus said it all pretty much. For that particular mission. I sent 1 Calvary and Archer to secure the rice fields, and grouped my infantry around Akamoto. Playing conservatively is key.
Thanks guys. Had another go today, played more conservatively and didn't have a tough time at all really. I really like this game.

Downloaded Metal Gear last night and was pleasantly surprised. However I suck at this game I never know what to do and always end up getting spotted by soldiers

Roto13

No, it's better. What's your favourite game? Whatever it is, Super Meat Boy is better than it. Super Meat Boy is the lord and saviour of 2D platforming and you will treat it with the respect it deserves.

You don't like Ground Zeroes so I don't know why I even bother to read your posts to be honest. Nothing you say matters.

kevin1025

Banned
I loved Super Meat Boy up until the chainsaw robot chase level. The 30-50 times going through it ruined it for me.

I know, I know, that's super early in the game...

I'll give it another chance, though.

hawk2025

Just put him on ignore, like most have.

Oh, please.

Let the man have his opinions -- it's 500 times more substantiated then the endless nonsense of people calling games crap and horrible even before playing them just because they haven't heard of it.

Plus, SMB is genius.

Liamc723

Oh, please.

Let the man have his opinions -- it's 500 times more substantiated then the endless nonsense of people calling games crap and horrible even before playing them just because they haven't heard of it.

Plus, SMB is genius.

Just like he takes every opportunity to shit on Metal Gear Solid?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I loved Super Meat Boy up until the chainsaw robot chase level. The 30-50 times going through it ruined it for me.

I know, I know, that's super early in the game...

I'll give it another chance, though.
That's the first boss and it isn't that hard. I did it on my first attempt if I remember correctly. You should give it another go.

Just put him on ignore, like most have.
And yet my posts are still complained about. Hehe.

Also like I'm the only guy to hate Metal Gear Solid. I just express it openly and don't give a shit about the fanbase getting their feelings hurt. You don't like it? Follow through and actually hide my scary opinions on your beloved game.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I believe I only started to shit on MGS when it was announced or about to be announced for PS Plus. And only in this thread. I don't like it. Is this not the thread to express that? Plus I stopped a while back.

Besides you all shat all over Aaru's Awakening. I've earned a bit of leeway here being the only guy to like that game.

kevin1025

Banned
That's the first boss and it isn't that hard. I did it on my first attempt if I remember correctly. You should give it another go.

It was always the same two blades that would screw me over every time, I could never find the precise way to navigate through them. I will definitely give it a try on PS4!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's also worth noting that my disappointment of getting Ground Zeroes was based on my dislike for MGS1, 2, 3, 4 and Portable Ops. Itvwas not instant dismissal based on nothing.

hawk2025

I think there's a marked difference between not looking forward to the 7th or 8th game in a decades-long series and having a knee-jerk reaction to something you've never played before, yes.

I LOVE Metal Gear, and I LOVED Ground Zeroes. I could have exactly the same reaction to his posts as I do to other "negative" reactions. The difference is that I can actually understand and accept substantiated opinions based on what a person sees and plays much better than reactive crap based on ill-defined genres or budgets. :)

Oh, and Aaru's Awakening was terrible :p

LakeEarth

Platinum'd Guacamelee. I want to keep playing it though :(

Almost plat'd Infamous First Light. I stopped playing for a bit, then a big PS+ burst of PS4 games made it fall into the library and I forgot about it. Picked it up, beat it, now I'm a few challenges away from getting the platinum. Stupid that you need to get all the challenges to fully upgrade (so when you're fully upgraded, there's nothing left to do).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Jesus this post is insufferable.
So is the one that I quoted. I warned all of you. Talk shit about Super Meat Boy and you will feel my wrath.

Yes I'm aware he didn't really talk shit about Meat Boy and just said it isn't that good. I'm still high on the announcement so non positive Meat Boy posts get me extra good for the time being.

Fix'd and it's kind of your fault.
Nah. My love for Super Meat Boy alone confirms I have fantastic taste. Man Metal Gear fans are serious business. You don't take put downs of your game easily. I respect that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Downloaded Metal Gear last night and was pleasantly surprised. However I suck at this game I never know what to do and always end up getting spotted by soldiers

I am enjoying it too, more than MGS4 on PS3 for some odd reason. But I am also stuck in that the tank has me pinned down under a building. I can't figure out how to take it out.

Klart

From the Double Discounts EU blog post today:

"That’s not all though, we will also be rewarding those that have been with us since the very start with a little gift. I won’t spoil the surprise now but keep a look out for more details of this in the coming weeks."

What will we be getting?

DriveClub (full edition)?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

"That’s not all though, we will also be rewarding those that have been with us since the very start with a little gift. I won’t spoil the surprise now but keep a look out for more details of this in the coming weeks."

What will we be getting?

I cant imagine it would be anything big like that. That would just piss off long time subscribers who weren't quite insane enough to join PS Plus before it became good. As well as newer subscribers obviously.

fenners

What will we be getting?

An avatar or theme more likely.

I am enjoying it too, more than MGS4 on PS3 for some odd reason. But I am also stuck in that the tank has me pinned down under a building. I can't figure out how to take it out.

You're supposed to avoid fighting at all costs; picking a fight with a tank isn't very wise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
EU sale with Last of Us 50% again (for ps+ members), I didnt grab it last time it was 50%, not doing that mistake again

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So I really loved MGS 1,2 and 3. Never played 4 or any of the side titles.

Now I played GZ for an hour, and barely made it past rescueing that Chico guy. Then gave up on the "follow the sounds" stuff after getting spotted/killed again and again and just wreaked havoc in the camp for as long as I could hold out.

This game kinda unsold me on MGSV. I have no idea why, but it was absolutely not "fun" for me. Maybe I just am in the wrong mindset. I miss the heavy story beats, the cinematic cutscenes, the not-Splinter-Cell of it all. GZ just plays like a random 3rd person title with really, really bad controls.

Man, I'm probably totally in the wrong here and it's me, not the game, but damn if I don't feel disappointed. Should I stay with the game for a while?

Top Bottom