• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BubbaMc

So I really loved MGS 1,2 and 3. Never played 4 or any of the side titles.

Now I played GZ for an hour, and barely made it past rescueing that Chico guy. Then gave up on the "follow the sounds" stuff after getting spotted/killed again and again and just wreaked havoc in the camp for as long as I could hold out.

This game kinda unsold me on MGSV. I have no idea why, but it was absolutely not "fun" for me. Maybe I just am in the wrong mindset. I miss the heavy story beats, the cinematic cutscenes, the not-Splinter-Cell of it all. GZ just plays like a random 3rd person title with really, really bad controls.

Man, I'm probably totally in the wrong here and it's me, not the game, but damn if I don't feel disappointed. Should I stay with the game for a while?

Yeah, I though the same after the first go at it, then left it on the shelf for months.

Second time around however I absolutely loved it, the controls are actually very tight if you spend some time learning them. You're in for one hell of a cutscene if you persevere btw :)

Celegus

Now I played GZ for an hour, and barely made it past rescueing that Chico guy. Then gave up on the "follow the sounds" stuff after getting spotted/killed again and again and just wreaked havoc in the camp for as long as I could hold out.

This game kinda unsold me on MGSV. I have no idea why, but it was absolutely not "fun" for me. Maybe I just am in the wrong mindset. I miss the heavy story beats, the cinematic cutscenes, the not-Splinter-Cell of it all. GZ just plays like a random 3rd person title with really, really bad controls.

Man, I'm probably totally in the wrong here and it's me, not the game, but damn if I don't feel disappointed. Should I stay with the game for a while?

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm still kind of interested in MGS5 just for the story stuff, but the gameplay in GZ actually felt worse than 4 to me. And the story made no sense since I didn't play Peace Walker.

From the Double Discounts EU blog post today:

"That’s not all though, we will also be rewarding those that have been with us since the very start with a little gift. I won’t spoil the surprise now but keep a look out for more details of this in the coming weeks."

What will we be getting?

DriveClub (full edition)?

My curiosity is picketed. I've been in since day one.

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm still kind of interested in MGS5 just for the story stuff, but the gameplay in GZ actually felt worse than 4 to me. And the story made no sense since I didn't play Peace Walker.

I'm by no means a hardcore MGS fan, but i'm amazed that someone would think that GZ has bad controls. One of the first things i noticed was how smoothly Snake controls and how much of a sandbox the level is due to the many ways you can tackle the objectives, as well as how you can improvise on the spot when necessary. The sandbox aspect isn't exactly new for the series, but this is the most open it has been so far. I have already put 20 hours into the game since last week and just when i think i figured out the most efficient way to complete an objective, i'm baffled by videos of experienced MGS players on youtube, who can do it way faster and in ways of which i would have never thought of. I was mildly interested in TPP before, having played and greatly enjoyed the mainline games, but GZ has hyped me to the point where i can barely wait for it now.

Maybe it would help if you guys gave it another chance and tried to familiarize yourself with the controls first and watch some videos of experienced players to see what you can do? I'm not going to pretend that i'm great at it, but it's so much fun when you get a decent grip on the controls, a better sense of the layout of the map, and learn how to react in certain situations.

Ground Zeroes freezes after the final cutscene of the main mission. It has happened twice, and the game won't count it finished, so I can't play any of the side ops. And if I choose "continue" on the main menu, it sends me back to the final cutscene and freezes.

Damn, what can I do? I want those side ops

I have PlayStation Plus until November, and all I can see myself doing with it is play Binding of Isaac the rest of the time, and I'll still think it's worth it.

What's wrong with me

Ground Zeroes freezes after the final cutscene of the main mission. It has happened twice, and the game won't count it finished, so I can't play any of the side ops. And if I choose "continue" on the main menu, it sends me back to the final cutscene and freezes.

Probably needs a delete and re-install?

Ramma2

According to CAG it looks like Best Buy will have PS+ subs on sale for 40$ next week. I'll be picking up another year for sure.

adburns

Dunno if this is a glitch but I was just able to download Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 (PS3) for free.

I've got PS+ so don't know if this is why but I don't recall adding/buying them before.

Might be old news but thought worth a mention.

Santiako

Dunno if this is a glitch but I was just able to download Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4 (PS3) for free.

I've got PS+ so don't know if this is why but I don't recall adding/buying them before.

Might be old news but thought worth a mention.

Are you sure you didn't download the trial versions?

nel e nel

Anyone else getting problems with Super Exploding Zoo on Vita? It keeps crashing out on me from time to time.

I have deleted and reinstalled too. I think it may be an issue when I don't have Wifi, and it tries to upload cross-save data.

There is a trailer for The Phantom Pain after the final cutscene, but for some reason it takes a couple minutes or so to start playing. I've finished the GZ mission 5-6 times and it happened every time. Just leave it on for a while and it will come eventually. After that you'll unlock the side and extra ops.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Skulls of the Shogun is the most legit games of legit games. I don't even like strategy games but I love this. The most surprisingly awesome game this month for sure. I mean I knew it was a well regarded game but still it's a strategy game so naturally I didn't expect to love it.

Celegus

Skulls of the Shogun is the most legit games of legit games. I don't even like strategy games but I love this. The most surprisingly awesome game this month for sure. I mean I knew it was a well regarded game but still it's a strategy game so naturally I didn't expect to love it.

Glad it's getting some more love! I'm a huge fan of any game that has systems so intertwined and working together as well as they do in this (i.e. Spelunky). And new things are constantly being added or tweaked throughout the entire campaign, so the entire thing felt fresh. Some of the challenges are really tricky too.

NHale

Really enjoyed this month games except for Futuridium but the biggest surprise for me is Super Exploding Zoo.

Never heard anything about this game and went in completely dark about the game and 4 hours later I was hooked. It's a nice puzzle game that mixes a lot of cool design concepts to solve puzzles. Sometimes it feels like a tower defense game, others a speed run game, while some levels are about units management. It has some bugs to fix but it's definitely a game I recommend.

Anas

Banned
man you should change the thread title
How do I hold all these indie games, cause I barely see any worthy AAA these days

Anas

Banned
So what you're saying is that indie games aren't "real" games.
K.

I mean I'm not drowning with AAAs like I used to three years ago
Indies are good such as Never Alone " I enjoyed this one " and a such specific titles
but I want the old days to come back with 5 AAA Games in one month
and you barely have time to play it all

Indies are good such as Never Alone " I enjoyed this one " and a such specific titles
Where does the title of the thread mention AAA games?

Indies doesn't give you the triple A's experience
for some players for sure
What does that have to do with what I said? I asked "where does the thread title say AAA" because you said that you only get indie games with PS+ and not AAA, implying that indies aren't real games because the title of the thread doesn't even mention AAA titles in the first place.

PS+ launched in mid 2010 (year 4 of last gen) and it took at least a year and a half before AAA games became normal. Far Cry 2 was the one I think of as being first, that was a 3 year old game at the time. Up until then it was normal to get ONE DIGITAL GAME a month. It was almost another year again at E3 2012 when there was that giant list of games that were in PS+ Uncharted 3, Saints Row, Xcom, etc. That was ~6 years after the console launched, we are in year 2 of the PS4, give your head a shake. There are not enough old AAA games to pull from and because of that older / launch games still have purchasing power to new console buyers so publishers don't want to make PS+ deals. It's going to change, but it isn't going to be the way it was for at least another year or so.

To be honest I'd rather PS+ have less well known/quantifiable titles. I've played some stuff this month I wouldn't have picked up of my own volition in a million years.

Anas

Banned
Wut?

When did this happen.

Show me lists of months where they or any service or publisher gave away 5 AAA games in your definition

didn't meaning like that
maybe more like 3 AAA's in a month
but here a list of games I got it from 2012-2014

Far Cry 3
Remember Me
Batman Arkham City
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
Resident Evil HD Chronicles
Shadow of The Clousous
Tomb Raider
Little Big Planet 2
Little Big Planet Karting
inFAMOUS 2
Saint Row 2
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
Borderlands
Payday Hiests
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinite
Demon's Souls
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Borderlands 2
etc..

before indies goes wild :)

I'm all for indies being on the service but I really haven't particularly liked any of them since The Swapper in January which is an amazing game. A few here and there were alright. Futuridium was decent and I liked Race to the Sun last month but they're nothing that I would spend more than an hour or two on.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
June DID have a AAA PS4 game. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes*. And Call of Juarez isn't indie either.

* Yep... sure makes me wish for games like Dust or Valiant Hearts, eh.

can we just not have this discussion again

thanks
Yes, that and the Knack jokes. Seriously, the horse isn't just dead, it's nothing but a pile of unrecognizable goo now.

didn't meaning like that
maybe more like 3 AAA's in a month
but here a list of games I got it from 2012-2014
The PS3 library was 6 years old by then. Why don't you show what Sony gave away back when its library was smaller, hmm?

I had to drop Skulls of the Shogun; the knock back mechanic led to some cheap deaths that really made me mad. I'm a fan of Fire Emblem so I thought I'd like this but it's extremely frustrating in my opinion.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I had to drop Skulls of the Shogun; the knock back mechanic led to some cheap deaths that really made me mad. I'm a fan of Fire Emblem so I thought I'd like this but it's extremely frustrating in my opinion.
I don't see what's frusrating about that mechanic. Just think about your positioning to avoid things like that. Plus you cant be knocked back if you're in a spirit wall.

Also fucking LOL at this indie AAA bullshit again.

I don't see what's frusrating about that mechanic. Just think about your positioning to avoid things like that. Plus you cant be knocked back if you're in a spirit wall.

Also fucking LOL at this indie AAA bullshit again.

You don't see what's frustrating about clearing 80% of the map only to have your general knocked into the water and having to restart the whole level? And Fire Emblem isn't even 'AAA' so calm your tits, I'm not trying to attack your precious indie games. Christ, you need to stop.

Celegus

You don't see what's frustrating about clearing 80% of the map only to have your general knocked into the water and having to restart the whole level? And Fire Emblem isn't even 'AAA' so calm your tits, I'm not trying to attack your precious indie games. Christ, you need to stop.

How's it cheap when they introduced it as a mechanic and gave you some easy kills to show how it works? The entire point is to not stand next to ledges unless you're next to another unit. Positioning is extremely important in this game. Also the game autosaves at the start of every turn, so just load that and don't stick him next to the edge.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If you are in a position to have your general knocked over a ledge then you fucked up. Plain and simple. Don't put your units in a position where that can happen. The whole game is about positioning.

And I wasn't talking about you with the AAA indie comment. I'm talking about what happened on this page in general. That shit just keeps coming up.

How's it cheap when they introduced it as a mechanic and gave you some easy kills to show how it works? The entire point is to not stand next to ledges unless you're next to another unit. Positioning is extremely important in this game. Also the game autosaves at the start of every turn, so just load that and don't stick him next to the edge.

Did I say the mechanic was cheap or did I say knock back led to some cheap deaths in my opinion? It's not unfair but I get annoyed whenever that crap happens. I didn't even insinuate the game was bad, I said a few deaths made me mad so I quit playing rather than restart a 20-30 minute battle for the 3rd time. Skulls of the Shogun just isn't for me, if other people are having fun with it that's cool.

Top Bottom