• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Agram

I really like this month's offerings.
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was fun in co-op and I hope this is as well, I can finally finish/platinum Sound Shapes and I really wanted to play Ascension.
Thanks Sony

dosh

Ascension is the worst of the GoW games. Combat just feels off compared to the previous games. Looks amazing though.
I agree: combat felt off. The multiplayer is quite fun though. Not something you really want to spend months playing, but I remember going through the coop arenas with a friend, and it was really fun and challenging.

Hasney

I thought the announcement would have been half an hour ago.
Are we expecting it anytime soon?

No

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...ust-lara-croft-god-of-war-stealth-inc-2-more/

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)
God of War Ascension (PS3)*
Stealth Inc 2: A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)**
CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3, PS Vita)

haven't played ascension and free is about what I'd pay for Lara Croft, so that's okay with me.

also ughhh Stealth Inc 2.
Never buy Curve Digital games

oh notice the stars
*Not available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE. Replacement title: Flow (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
**Not available in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, India and Turkey. Replacement title: Flower (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Man, off GZ and Rocket League, this one isn't great. Played them all and not a huge fan of any of them other than Stealth Inc, only played the original on that one.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Stealth Inc 2 alone satisfies me. The rest I already own other than Castlestorm, which isn't my thing. Pretty sure I remember playing a demo for it and not liking it.

Stealth Inc 2 alone satisfies me. The rest I already own other than Castlestorm, which isn't my thing. Pretty sure I remember playing a demo for it and not liking it.

I have a big problem with Stealth Inc.

It should be a fun puzzle game, but because they time you on completing the levels the game just pisses me off no end. The entire point of a puzzle game is to take your time and work out a solution, and being told at the end that you weren't quick enough is the most bullshit mechanic that a puzzle game can ever utilise. Will never, ever play this game as a result.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have a big problem with Stealth Inc.

It should be a fun puzzle game, but because they time you on completing the levels the game just pisses me off no end. The entire point of a puzzle game is to take your time and work out a solution, and being told at the end that you weren't quick enough is the most bullshit mechanic that a puzzle game can ever utilise. Will never, ever play this game as a result.
You said this before and I still don't get it. You don't have to do jack shit quickly. That's just an extra thing if you want S ranks. It's purely to give a reason to replay it. Just ignore it. This is the equivalent of refusing to play GTA V because of the extra optional mission objectives, many of which do involve a timer.

You said this before and I still don't get it. You don't have to do jack shit quickly. That's just an extra thing if you want S ranks. It's purely to give a reason to replay it. Just ignore it. This is the equivalent of refusing to play GTA V because of the extra optional mission objectives, many of which do involve a timer.

The thing is, the game makes a big deal of getting S-ranks. If a game ranks me, I want to achieve good ranks, it's why I play games, to perform well in them. What I don't like is to perform well (I solved the puzzle) and then be told I didn't perform well BECAUSE REASONS.

Saying "just ignore it" isn't really fair.

JonnyKong

I really loved my time with Stealth Inc on the Wii U, you guys are in for a treat. Soundshapes is utterly amazing too.

Can't wait to play Lara.

BouncyFrag

I first played Ascension right after I played GoW3 and it felt 'off'. I stopped playing it and revisited it a few months later and really enjoyed it.

I played through the first game and didn't care for that stuff. leave that for the hardcore fans, i just want to solve the puzzles and see the game to its end.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The thing is, the game makes a big deal of getting S-ranks. If a game ranks me, I want to achieve good ranks, it's why I play games, to perform well in them. What I don't like is to perform well (I solved the puzzle) and then be told I didn't perform well BECAUSE REASONS.

Saying "just ignore it" isn't really fair.

The game really doesn't make a big deal out of S ranks. No more so than gold medals in GTA V. Again, should someone avoid GTA V just because of optional mission objectives that nobody is going to successfully do the first time? You seem to be the one making the big deal out of it for no reason. There's tons of games out there that put arbitrary ranking or scoring systems in their games purely to give people any reason to replay it.

You're missing out on a lot of good games if you're going to get annoyed by every game you get a bad rank on. And just to emphasise my point with another awesome puzzle game. Catherine. Are you going to not play Catherine just because you're getting bronze medals every time? Ignore it the first time and choose to worry about it as an extra challenge if you want. Or don't. It really is that simple.

I played through the first game and didn't care for that stuff. leave that for the hardcore fans, i just want to solve the puzzles and see the game to its end.
Neither did I. The game doesn't force you to do anything. I imagine very few people had any motivation for S ranks.

God of War Ascension is so massive, I'll probably never download it. You'll have to have like 70gb free before downloading. Good list this month though.

The game really doesn't make a big deal out of S ranks. No more so than gold medals in GTA V. Again, should someone avoid GTA V just because of optional mission objectives that nobody is going to successfully do the first time? You seem to be the one making the big deal out of it for no reason. There's tons of games out there that put arbitrary ranking or scoring systems in their games purely to give people any reason to replay it.

You're missing out on a lot of good games if you're going to get annoyed by every game you get a bad rank on. And just to emphasise my point with another awesome puzzle game. Catherine. Are you going to not play Catherine just because you're getting bronze medals every time? Ignore it the first time and choose to worry about it as an extra challenge if you want. Or don't. It really is that simple.

My problem isn't that a ranking system exists in a game, it's that the timing aspect in this particular game is totally arbitrary. There's literally no reason to time someone solving a puzzle because the entire point is to stop and think about it. Timing the player is completely at odds with that concept. It's bad game design. They've shoe-horned it in because "that's what games do" without giving a second of thought to whether or not that's what their game should do.

It's nothing to do with whether I'm bad at the game or not or whether I can achieve whatever rank. I know ultimately it doesn't matter, but it's not going to change that it's bad game design, and it's not going to change the fact that bad design frustrates me.

I completely understand where toythatkills is coming from. I hate that shit as well and it can ruin games.
It's not something you can just turn off or discuss away if it bothers you.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My problem isn't that a ranking system exists in a game, it's that the timing aspect in this particular game is totally arbitrary. There's literally no reason to time someone solving a puzzle because the entire point is to stop and think about it. Timing the player is completely at odds with that concept. It's bad game design. They've shoe-horned it in because "that's what games do" without giving a second of thought to whether or not that's what their game should do.

It's nothing to do with whether I'm bad at the game or not or whether I can achieve whatever rank. I know ultimately it doesn't matter, but it's not going to change that it's bad game design, and it's not going to change the fact that bad design frustrates me.

I don't disagree with that. It is arbitrary. It is pointless. But it doesn't hurt the game in any way.

It's fair enough that it doesn't bother you, I'm definitely a lot more anal about stuff like this than most people though and it really does affect my enjoyment of the game. I can't just turn my brain off.

that stuff shouldn't ever be your focus and the devs don't want you focusing on that on your original run through a level. the ranking stuff is solely there to encourage replays of stages.

Youre putting pressure on yourself for no reason. Just play the game and, if you end up really liking it, try the ranking stuff after.

1er tigre

Come on guys, you know what I meant. I remember some times, not so long ago, when we used to get games like Uncharted 3, batman arkham city, mass effect 3, demon's souls, bioshock infinite and so on. I just miss these days...

Come on guys, you know what I meant. I remember some times, not so long ago, when we used to get games like Uncharted 3, batman arkham city, mass effect 3, demon's souls, bioshock infinite and so on. I just miss these days...

Yeah, but those were on a more mature platform. We're just about to enter the second year of the PS4, the likelihood of retail releases is going to increase as now there's a decent bit of games built up since the console's release.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting stuff like ACIV or Killzone before the year is over. Not that not getting those games would bother me, either. Rocket League is one of my top 5 games of 2015 and if they could get me more games of that quality (retail or indie) then bring it on

illusionary

Other than already owning Temple of Osiris, this is a great month in my book - I'll be trying to make time for a good few of these (even if that does slightly delay me on The Witcher 3).

Edit: oh yeah, I seem to recall that I got a PS3 copy of LIMBO as a freebie at some point as well, and played through that at the time. Still a good month here, though!

that stuff shouldn't ever be your focus and the devs don't want you focusing on that on your original run through a level. the ranking stuff is solely there to encourage replays of stages.

Youre putting pressure on yourself for no reason. Just play the game and, if you end up really liking it, try the ranking stuff after.

That's what I don't like, though. It's a puzzle game. The game is "solving the puzzle."

Having this dumb time mechanic means you're expected to go back into a level and do exactly what you just did, except without the fun "solving the puzzle" part. You're just going through the motions for no reason other than that the developer had no idea what their game was.

It's not my focus and I would never even go back into a level to get that time ranking because who even cares? My problem is that it even exists at all and so I can never get on with the game. At the end of every level being told I solved the puzzle too slowly because I dared to stop and think about it? Nah.

Players are supposed to feel rewarded for completing levels, and I never feel rewarded when I complete a level in Stealth Inc. I never get that feeling that I've done a good job, and so I never feel satisfaction when I play it. Again, I know it's just me, and I can't really explain it any better than I have, but there it is.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Shitty month for me. Already have Lara Croft (barely played it too -_-) and Limbo, don't care for the rest. Boyfriend is excited for Stealth Inc 2, so I guess it's not a complete loss, but for me there's literally nothing of interest. Guess there's always next month...

Fuckin hell that is annoying, how on earth is it so big for a last gen game.
Yeah, how the hell? That won't even fit on a blu-ray? :S

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Horrible month.

Another great month.

Lol.

Personally I think it would be a good month if I hadn't already played most of them. But as I say Stealth Inc 2 alone leaves me satisfied. Besides I'm gonna be rocking Rocket League for quite a while yet. Still haven't even touched Styx, haven't even downloaded Rain, barely played Mousecraft and Geometry Wars 3 'will still last me quite a while yet too. Basically last months update has loads of life left in it yet so I'm not even remotely bothered by a not so great month.

xrnzaaas

It's never a good idea to judge games (and even worse - consider if they're worthy of buying) just because they offer platinum trophies or not. And that's even if you hate indies, because there are some bigger games without platinums (like Walking Dead Season Two or inFamous Festival or Blood) and that doesn't mean they're worse.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's never a good idea to judge games (and even worse - consider if they're worthy of buying) just because they offer platinum trophies or not. And that's even if you hate indies, because there are some bigger games without platinums (like Walking Dead Season Two or inFamous Festival or Blood) and that doesn't mean they're worse.
I want to say that those dismissing a game because of trophies are being obviously sarcastic, but since I've actually seen this argument being presented before, I don't know anymore. :(

I did it, I couldn't wait anymore

xCYq5Q8.png

the price was too good and I can get the same amount back by trading it back in to amazon if I want

wish me luck

Top Bottom