• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I did it, I couldn't wait anymore

xCYq5Q8.png

the price was too good and I can get the same amount back by trading it back in to amazon if I want

wish me luck
WHY TRIPLE H WHY?! SOMEONE TELL ME WHY DAMNIT!

Benedict

I just saw somewhere that we will be able to vote for the next months PS4 game. Choose between 4 different game. 1 winner and the others get a discount.
Can't find the link now though...

Edit: It's up on the blog:

Vote to Play Coming Soon.

a new PlayStation Plus promotion that literally puts the choice in your hands – Vote to Play. This promotion enables PlayStation Plus members to vote on one of several PlayStation 4 games for the upcoming month’s Instant Game Collection.
The game with the most votes will automatically be included in our future free game lineup for PlayStation Plus. If your pick didn’t make the lineup, don’t worry. In the first promotion, PlayStation Plus members can get the runner ups at a discount. We love to listen to our fans – and we’re super excited to launch this promotion.
We’ll have more details for you soon on when voting begins, what titles will be up for voting, and how you can cast your vote.
Could be good or go horribly wrong...

Celegus

I did it, I couldn't wait anymore

xCYq5Q8.png

the price was too good and I can get the same amount back by trading it back in to amazon if I want

wish me luck

At least do us all a favor and say how bad it is so people will stop asking for it. Consider yourself the Knack-ambassador.

YomommaZ

Hahaha omg that previous page is one of the best pages I have ever read on GAF. And it ends with a guy not getting all the sarcasm and a guy buying Knack. Amazing!

Thanks for making me chuckle during my morning coffee.

Are Sony trolling or what? I got an email saying this months PS+ games are ready, they aren't as far as I can tell.

I got the same email. But everybody knows that the Plus Update is always on (Tuesday right?). I don't know if they send this email every month or if it was just a mistake this time around.

I think I'm going to play Limbo again. Already played it on PC but I liked it and it's short so I can get some trophies.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I don't know when the update is, didn't use PS4 much till Rocket League came out. I got the email and went to store but still has last months games.

Someone must have pulled the trigger early. I think that particular email us usually a good while after the games are out.

Kalavaras

Banned
Goddamn I got excited when I saw Castlestorm but its for PS3/Vita. Sony why u do dis to me pls.

And wait what, I bought the Temple of Osiris something edition that came in a box. Are you saying it doesn't have a disc inside? I guess I don't care since I haven't bothered opening it.

1er tigre

Yeah, but those were on a more mature platform. We're just about to enter the second year of the PS4, the likelihood of retail releases is going to increase as now there's a decent bit of games built up since the console's release.

I wouldn't be surprised if we started getting stuff like ACIV or Killzone before the year is over. Not that not getting those games would bother me, either. Rocket League is one of my top 5 games of 2015 and if they could get me more games of that quality (retail or indie) then bring it on
I don't know. When Sony offered batman arkham city and vanquish these games were just one year old for example. There are a bunch of games that are quite cheap right now and whose sales should be fairly low like need for speed rivals for instance. How can this nearly two years old game not be an option for a ps+ game ?
Killzone, battlefield 4, assassin's creed black flag, etc. to name a few are on the same case.

VLiberty

Come on guys, you know what I meant. I remember some times, not so long ago, when we used to get games like Uncharted 3, batman arkham city, mass effect 3, demon's souls, bioshock infinite and so on. I just miss these days...

Yeah, now we get shitty games like Rocket League or Geometry Wars 3 instead...

Please.

Roto13

Please.
Most months don't have anything anywhere near the quality of Rocket League.

July has a really good PS+ lineup but these days that's the exception, not the rule.

Most months don't have anything anywhere near the quality of Rocket League.

July has a really good PS+ lineup but these days that's the exception, not the rule.

There's always something decent unless you have super narrow tastes.
It's like 4€ a month, people really need to chill out a bit.

1er tigre

Please.
Yeah ok, rocket league is cool. But what about entwined and mousecraft ? How would you compare these to games like Tomb raider, metal Gear rising or demon's souls ?
Is it this hard to understand that some people prefer these kind of games ?

Yeah ok, rocket league is cool. But what about entwined and mousecraft ? How would you compare these to games like Tomb raider, metal Gear rising or demon's souls ?

It's not hard to understand. Unfortunately a lot of people in this thread are very eager to criticize anyone who even mentions the game selection. I think they need to mix in more big budget games and give something for everyone to enjoy

VLiberty

So what? There are bad indie games(can't speak for Mousecraft though, but yeah Entwined is pretty mediocre) just like there are bad retail games, and the other way around.

What do you want to prove by comparing bad indie games with good retail/aaa games? I can understand that people would want good games, regardless of how important is the developer making it or wether it comes into a box.

What do you think ? That the offer is still as good as before ?

They're giving away as many games as they ever have, so the offer is still as good as before. If they start giving away fewer games, then your argument would hold water.

Anyone using Plus to obtain specific games or specific types of games is an idiot, because Sony have never, ever promised that the service will offer such things so to expect them is folly. You're just letting yourself get annoyed because your perception of what the service is is actually totally incorrect.

Benedict

WTF. Flow is shown as 100% discount when I search.
Hope we are not getting that instead of GoW for us in Europe and it's a mistake...
Flow is the replacement title for arabic countries.

As an important note: God of War Ascension won’t be available in Bahrain, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, or UAE. As a replacement, you’ll receive flOw, which is a cross-buy title on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita.

Benedict

Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle is showing up free for me.

Storm the castle and become a pinball wizard with the Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle, available now for a limited time! The bundle includes CastleStorm – Definitive Edition as well as the all-new Iron & Steel Pack for Zen Pinball 2 – which features two brand new pinball tables, Wild West Rampage and CastleStorm Pinball – all for one low price!

In-game purchases optional

WTF. Flow is shown as 100% discount when I search.
Hope we are not getting that instead of GoW for us in Europe and it's a mistake...
Flow is the replacement title for arabic countries.

Holy shit nice, I got flow, flower and the normal games this month. Must be a mistake. Thanks for the heads-up

GoW is available in EU but only through the store on PS3

jimboton

My problem isn't that a ranking system exists in a game, it's that the timing aspect in this particular game is totally arbitrary. There's literally no reason to time someone solving a puzzle because the entire point is to stop and think about it. Timing the player is completely at odds with that concept. It's bad game design. They've shoe-horned it in because "that's what games do" without giving a second of thought to whether or not that's what their game should do.

It's nothing to do with whether I'm bad at the game or not or whether I can achieve whatever rank. I know ultimately it doesn't matter, but it's not going to change that it's bad game design, and it's not going to change the fact that bad design frustrates me.

I think I agree with you on this. Tacking on a timer and a leaderboard isn't going to transform your game into the next Trials or Super Meat Boy. It doesn't compensate for a lack of difficulty in the levels themselves either (not saying that's the case here)

Zen Studios CastleStorm Super Bundle is showing up free for me.

It's PS3&Vita only, but I think it might be possible to at least have the tables in Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 (you have to import them manually within the game, although IIRC you might have to load them up in the PS3 version of ZP2 first).

Vaga

Got Castlestorm for Vita for free, fl0w shows as free but I get an error when ordering.

edit: nvm got fl0w for free also.

El_Cinefilo

Sony always makes that mistake. They put up both the real and the replacement games as free.

Yep, I got a Nba 2k game and Gotham City Imposters that way too, is good for me since for some reason I bought Flow on a second account a while back so now I've got it on my main one I can put it on my Vita.

jugo

Neo Member
This might have been asked before, but I can get castlestorm separately for ps3 and vita, but when I buy one version I'm unable to get the other. Does this mean I can only get one version or will I still be able to play on both systems?

Labadal

This might have been asked before, but I can get castlestorm separately for ps3 and vita, but when I buy one version I'm unable to get the other. Does this mean I can only get one version or will I still be able to play on both systems?

You will be able to play both no matter which version you "buy".

Top Bottom